Author Topic: Fill or polygon pour?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Fill or polygon pour?
« on: November 19, 2017, 06:26:35 pm »
I just found how fast and easy it is to use the fill tool. It sees to do similar to the polygon pour but is a bit more primitive, for example it won't not fill around nearby parts that a polygon pour would simply wrap around but not touch. Any there any downsides to using it for simple lumps of copper? it seems to be more intelligent when it comes to latching itself to a net.

Offline taydin

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Fill or polygon pour?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:33:44 pm »
Hello Simon, I don't know the answer to your question, but I had been following your thread about your experiences with Proteus. Now that you seem to be using Circuit Studio, did you give up on Proteus and considering other packages? I'm in the process of deciding whether to go Circuit Studio or Proteus level 2. Sorry, don't want to hijack your thread, just wanted to know whether you have left Proteus behind or not.
Real programmers use machine code!

My hobby projects http://mekatronik.org/forum

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Fill or polygon pour?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:44 pm »
Well I can still use Proteus but i found the autorouter a bit odd on 4 layers along with the headache of creating parts and worse when you want to edit them you have to re-decompose the part and the essentially overwrite the old copy. My licence expires shortly but I can still use the software without updates for as long as I like.

Yes i'm using CS now, seems a bit more user friendly but is a bit buggy. for example trying to set a custom font is a nightmare as it ignores it half the time and you end up with mixed fonts in your design.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf