Author Topic: Half price Circuit Studio  (Read 69336 times)

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Half price Circuit Studio
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »
Yeah, it's a total mess.
My initial order on via the export site was charged to my credit card with one amount £495-10%+20%VAT. In GPB. This order was cancelled and refunded.
Then, after asking them why they cancelled an order they earlier said they'd accept they asked me to place a new order and I did. This time they tried to make some seriously unfavorable exchange from GBP to EUR (which my credit card company would then make another unfavorable exchange into SEK).

I told them I'd accept the price of the first order and they adjusted the final price to match. Had it happened on the INITIAL order I probably would just let it slip but when they tried to pull that stunt on the second order I called then out.

Offline knotlogic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2017, 03:55:47 pm »
Is the half price circuitstudio deal over?

If you go to : https://www.element14.com/community/community/manufacturers/altium

The purchase price is now $995.

To get the $500 discount you must now buy through: http://www.altium.com/eagle-switch/circuitstudio/

Also, discount code REACY1 takes another $25 off for a final price of $470.

Seems to work different in Singapore.  Using that link from GlowingGhoul and clicking on buy redirects me to the local Farnell/Element14 website, and the discount code isn't valid there. (It helpfully places me straight to the shopping basket page with a copy already added.)

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2017, 04:28:25 pm »
Is the half price circuitstudio deal over?

If you go to : https://www.element14.com/community/community/manufacturers/altium

The purchase price is now $995.

To get the $500 discount you must now buy through: http://www.altium.com/eagle-switch/circuitstudio/

Also, discount code REACY1 takes another $25 off for a final price of $470.

Seems to work different in Singapore.  Using that link from GlowingGhoul and clicking on buy redirects me to the local Farnell/Element14 website, and the discount code isn't valid there. (It helpfully places me straight to the shopping basket page with a copy already added.)

Maybe this direct link will work:

https://www.element14.com/community/view-product.jspa?fsku=2726528&nsku=13AC6066&action=cart&excluding=HK%2CTW%2CCN

Offline knotlogic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »

https://www.element14.com/community/view-product.jspa?fsku=2726528&nsku=13AC6066&action=cart&excluding=HK%2CTW%2CCN

Nope, that redirects back to the Singapore site as well.  Not too surprising I guess, a lot of websites for the bigger companies automatically redirect to country specific pages.

This is what appears at the top of the page when I try to use the coupon:
REACY1 The voucher code entered cannot be used against this order.

I'll probably just have to pay "full price".  Tomorrow I think.  It's late over here.

Offline kqr2

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2017, 08:36:34 pm »
@GlowingGhoul  : thanks for the link and code.  It worked for me!

Does the circuitstudio activation code arrive in a separate email?  I didn't see any download / activation link after I placed the order.

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
Yes, separate email with instructions. If you already have created a CS account (like when you downloaded the trial) and you used the same email address when you ordered the license then it's just a matter of logging in and activating the license but I suspect the process isn't fully automatic so it may take a little while for the data to sync up.

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:18 pm »
Yes you get an activation email.
Don't worry. If you get an activation error you can always contact support by email

BTW my licence does still not work. Can't sign in or use the vault.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:07:34 pm by plazma »

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2017, 11:53:23 pm »
Try this: support.na@altium.com

Offline JamesH-AltiumOfficial

• Contributor
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2017, 04:08:08 am »
Hi plazma,

I've been watching this thread with interest and just sent you a PM.

The strange email address shown, i.e. contact@altium.com is not one I've heard of so we'll need to investigate why that is displaying.

The best address for CircuitStudio support is software@element14.com rather than an altium email address.

Best regards,

James Harriman
Altium

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2017, 05:03:43 pm »
Finally after almost a month my licence is fixed.
Altium sent me a new activation link which appeared as used. It did not fix anything.

I could not login with the old or new email/username.

I noticed a LOGIN text at the right top corner of the activation webpage.
I tried to login there but it did not accept my credentials. There was however a "Forgot password?" link in the login page http://shell.circuitstudio.com/.

It worked and I got the password reset.
With the new password I could login with the correct email/username.

You can not reset the password from CS. There is no link in the login window. In account details there is a quick link for "Password Reset" but it is greyed out. Even if it worked it would not help there. You need it in the login window. If you need to reset your password use the link above.

I can now login and use the  vault. I just get this error message every time I start CS.

PS: this mess started with Farnell registering the licence to a closed email which was not even visible in my Farnell account details. They did not use the email informed in the order page. I asked for an extension for the subscription to compensate for the mess. Let see how it goes.

• Contributor
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:41 pm »
Hi plazma,

That message hasn't been reported by any other users so is not expected. Since the error mentions system DateTime could you please check that your system clock is fairly accurate and that your Time Zone is set correctly?

What operating system are you using (e.g. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)?

Often in this unknown situation the first thing is to reboot the PC and see if the message still occurs.
Second option is to uninstall CircuitStudio, choose the option: "Remove Completely".
  - Reinstall CircuitStudio and when it runs for the first time, press Cancel if it wants to import settings.
  - Sign in with your email address/password and Reactivate the license.
  - While still signed in: File > System Preferences, expand Data Management > Vaults and click Add Altium Content Vault
  - Restart CircuitStudio and see if the error occurs again.

Best regards,

James Harriman
Altium

Offline Agent86

• Contributor
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2017, 06:09:59 pm »

Hmmm, not working for me...

Please correct the following fields:
You have exceeded the maximum number of vouchers that can be applied to this order.

EDIT:  OK, I'm a dumbass.  The previous voucher was still attached to my shopping cart.  I deleted it and replaced it with this one and now it works...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:17:20 pm by Agent86 »

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:06 am »
OK, it now appears the most reliable way to get the promotion is to go to the Farrell or element 14 site for your country and search for "eagle users promo". $495 on US, 395 pounds on UK, and 572 euro on DK.

Offline knotlogic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2017, 05:12:10 am »
Looking for advice for those who went from a trial version to buying a license:  What's the best way to go about it?  I purchased a copy from my local Element14 last night and I've got the e-mail with links to the download.  Should I uninstall the trial first, or just install over it?  Or do I just log in somewhere and activate something?

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2017, 06:27:17 am »
Looking for advice for those who went from a trial version to buying a license:  What's the best way to go about it?  I purchased a copy from my local Element14 last night and I've got the e-mail with links to the download.  Should I uninstall the trial first, or just install over it?  Or do I just log in somewhere and activate something?

I was running 1.3.0 (trial).  Bought the license (not via the software). Via the website i activated my account (link from there email). I then just changed my login details in CS, and it automatically installed the license.  That seemed to work fine.

BUT after that I updated to 1.0.4, now i'm getting a error "Warning: License Renewal Failed" (Invalid duration ...). Im not sure if this was caused after updating to 1.0.4 or that it had to do with switching my trial to the official license. BTW after the message i click OK, and all seems to work.

I guess thats a 1.0.4 issue, see https://www.eevblog.com/forum/circuit-studio/circuit-studio-bugsissues/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:47:45 am by onesixright »

Offline knotlogic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2017, 02:41:21 am »
Well, this is annoying....

So I purchased a copy from my local Element14, and they had a field in the checkout form to specify which e-mail to deliver the license to.  Like with plaszma, they (mostly) ignored that.  They linked the license to my Element14 e-mail and CCed the notification/welcome e-mail to my "delivery" address.  :palm:

The good news is I was able to log in and register through the link provided in the e-mail.  That done, I fired up CircuitStudio and used the "wrong" email address to log in.  So far so good.  Go to "View | Start | My Account | Licenses" and activate the license.  That worked.

Then I noticed under "View |  Start | My Account | Edit Account" I can change my e-mail address.  Yeah, I know.  But I did it anyway.

I took the brilliant step of changing that to the correct e-mail address.  And... it worked. Sort of.  I can log in with the "correct" address and the license was there, but I can still log in with the wrong e-mail.  What's more the license screens are slightly different in both.  The wrong account allows me to expand details of the license, but the account I want to use doesn't.

I'm also getting a pop up message shortly after logging in:
Warning: License Renewal Failed
Invalid duration.  The duration specified is too long for the expiry date on this license.  Please contact your License Administrator for license renewal.

Guess I'm going to need to contact support.

plaszma, did you get all your account issues sorted out?

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2017, 04:05:30 am »
I got it fixed. It took almost a month.

Offline arteitle

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2017, 05:57:25 pm »
The promo still seems to be valid today (April 3), despite the website saying it would end on March 30. I was able to use it and the REACY1 coupon code to get a license for $470.

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2017, 07:40:16 pm »
I just bit the bullet and bought this today 4/8, the coupon was still good. Once Newark decides I'm worthy to sell to I'll figure out why they charged me $100, too much.

Offline tonyp12

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2017, 01:08:16 am »
I caved in today. Still avail at US$495. Could not get any voucher code to work on top of it.
topcashback have 6% (ebates only 3%) So I'm getting some money back.

Had no problem activate it as I used same email addresses.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2017, 11:38:26 am »
Nope, that redirects back to the Singapore site as well.  Not too surprising I guess, a lot of websites for the bigger companies automatically redirect to country specific pages.

You get around this by using a VPN. Select a server in the country you which to purchase from. Probably better to register using a generic email address such as gmail etc.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline ricktusl

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:06 am »
Nope. Don't waste your time with Cirtcuit Studio. The half-price ain't even worth it.
I still have problems licensing which takes them forever to fix.

I called Altium directly. they told me they don't support Circuit Studio while element14 points their finger at Alitum.

Customer support is extremely poor.. I suspect circuit studio is already dead.
Orcad has much better support.. at least the tech guys are much more responsive than element14/altium

• Contributor
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2017, 12:15:17 am »
Hi all,

I've helped ricktusl so the license is now working.
CircuitStudio is not dead (as suggested in this thread) - we are working hard on 2 updates: a small one due soon and a larger one near year end.

Altium doesn't support CircuitStudio support questions directly so you're better off going direct to element14 software support by emailing software@element14.com and they can definitely provide support.

The eval license has had some teething problems as it is a new type that is different to the commercial license so it's possible that element14 needed to contact Altium to resolve the license problem.

P.S. don't forget to contact software@element14.com to enquire about any June 30 specials for CircuitStudio. The CircuitStudio FAQ http://www.circuitstudio.com/circuitstudio-support addresses a lot of the common questions about importing from other systems or from Altium Designer.

Best regards,

James Harriman
Altium

The following users thanked this post: onesixright, GlowingGhoul, 2N3055

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2017, 03:07:05 am »
I'm happy with Circuit Studio and looking forward to the updates.

:)

The following users thanked this post: JamesH-AltiumOfficial

Offline DIPLover

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2017, 01:06:55 am »
I just bit the bullet on "Flash sale, $495 for EVERYONE, ends July 1st", from the circuitstudio website.

Once on the canada.Newark.com website it was the same SKU as the Eagle promo. We'll see how it goes as I don't have an eagle licence (except maybe an old freeware).

After exchange and taxes it came just a little bit shy of $800 Canadian. Not bad at all. This is in the upper range of "nice new tool for the lab that will last me years" territory. $1600 would have been a definite no-go.

So now they went from $3K USD to 0.5K in 18 months... How LOW can it go?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:08:43 am by DIPLover »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf