Author Topic: How to create a template project with custom layer names  (Read 2748 times)

Offline trevwhiteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
How to create a template project with custom layer names
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:40 am »
I want to create my own template project which I can use as a starting point for new projects.

1. This will have a standard schematic sheet with my own border sheet.
2. More importantly, I want to be able to create some layers which will have checklists of stuff that I do before issuing a board along with board informaton such as solder resistor colour, board thickness, etc.

I cant find out how to do this with CS at present. I cant even change layer names.

Any ideas?

Trev

The following users thanked this post: ahbushnell

Offline tarribred61

• Contributor
Re: How to create a template project with custom layer names
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:24 pm »
Hi Trev,

I have a schematic and PCB template that I configured that way I like.  To make a new project I make a copy of the schem and add to the existing new project.  I do the same with the PCB template to which I added generic fabrication notes that I can edit per project.  It should be pretty straightforward.

On the PCB, to change layer names, left-mouse click the color-box just to the left of the LS text; or right click > Options > Board Layers and Colors or use the key short cut L (capital L).  This brings up the View Configurations menus.

I don't think you can change the names of top/bottom, mask layers, silk or drill layers.  You can rename the mechanical layers though. To do this, left click, pause then left click again on the name.  The text should highlight and you can change the name.
Here is the link to the description page.
http://documentation.circuitstudio.com/display/CSTU/PCB_Dlg-ViewConfigurations_BoardLayersandColors((Board+Layers+and+Colors))_CS

The following users thanked this post: trevwhite, ahbushnell

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf