Author Topic: Is it possible to generate a netlist in Circuit Studio?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline jmarkwolfTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Is it possible to generate a netlist in Circuit Studio?
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:45:53 pm »
Forgive me for posting this question in other forums but I really need a solution.

Many years ago, I wrote a custom program for reporting missing test points in Altium/Protel net lists. It worked very well and used it often.

A new client has asked me to add test points to every net in a Circuit Studio design.

Now that I no longer have access to Altium I can't use my old tried and true program to report missing test points.

Is it possible to generate just a net list from a Circuit Studio SchDoc, or am I hosed?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:03:23 pm by jmarkwolf »

• Regular Contributor
Re: Is it possible to generate a netlist in Circuit Studio?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:13:00 pm »
I may have answered my own question.

I see that I can generate a net list from the PCB side with "Tools/Netlist/Export net list from PCB". I can probably make this work.

The SCH side doesn't seem to have the equivalent command. Anyone know a work around for the SCH side?

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:05:20 am »
What netlist format are you looking for?

You can generate EDIF from the "Outputs" tab in the schematic editor.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
Update:

Turns out the netlist file generated with PCB/Tools/Netlist/Export is the old Protel netlist format which is the exact format my custom program requires, so my missing test point program works with no modification!  :-+

It would be more convenient if this same file could be generated directly from the SCH side, but I can live with it.

I did consider looking at the EDIF and the ODB++ netlist formats and modifying my program to fit, but no need now. I just have to make sure the PcbDoc has been updated to include all components prior to exporting the netlist.

The more I use Circuit Studio, the less I miss Altium.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf