Author Topic: Simple request for wish list  (Read 3757 times)

Offline stuartkTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Simple request for wish list
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:29:39 pm »
Can you add a button or keyboard shortcut to pour and unpour ground and power planes without going through the polygon dialog box?

It would make debugging a design significantly easier.

Also a keyboard shortcut to toggle from top to bottom copper layers would be great. You may already have it but I seem to have missed it.

Please and thank you,

Stuart

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Re: Simple request for wish list
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:37:38 pm »
Also a keyboard shortcut to toggle from top to bottom copper layers would be great.

Maybe you already know about + and - which move to next/previous active layer.
Yes, it takes a few presses to get from top to bottom but for 4 layer its OK. Anymore and you could maybe use AutoHotKey to setup a, erm, hotkey.

It would be great to see CS get the Layer Sets feature from AD, even if restricted to say two or four sets.

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:59:16 pm »
Also a keyboard shortcut to toggle from top to bottom copper layers would be great.

Yes, it takes a few presses to get from top to bottom but for 4 layer its OK. Anymore and you could maybe use AutoHotKey to setup a, erm, hotkey.

It would be great to see CS get the Layer Sets feature from AD, even if restricted to say two or four sets.
The +/-  keys don't seem to work for changing layers in PCB?  If I hold Ctrl-Shift and use the scroll wheel I can change layers.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:12:58 pm »
I've just noticed that only the + and - keys on my numeric keypad will change layers.

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:20:33 pm »

The +/-  keys don't seem to work for changing layers in PCB?  If I hold Ctrl-Shift and use the scroll wheel I can change layers.

That's strange.  now the +/- on key pad works.   :palm: 

Offline JamesH-AltiumOfficial

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:52:03 am »
Good ideas about the shortcut keys, I'll submit some suggestions about this to R&D.

The * key on the numeric keyboard will toggle between TopLayer, internal layers and BottomLayer. It skips internal planes. If you are on the other layers after BottomLayer, then it's easy to get to the TopLayer by pressing * once, so I find that a useful "home" key, used with the +- keys that keep cyling through all of the layers.

The same keys function while routing, which is obvious, but I point it out because some people don't realise it. The track color changes and the large color square (with LS next to it) also changes, so you can see that out of the corner of your eye to know that you're on the correct layer before placing the next track segment. This is especially useful if you're routing to a midlayer.

Best regards,

James Harriman
Altium

The following users thanked this post: voltsandjolts

Offline stuartkTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:58:58 pm »
Hi James,

Thank you for looking at my request. I did not see the layers shortcut key. I hope you can swing a pour/unpour shortcut key.

I'm expecting to receive my first board that I designed in CS next week. I've migrated from Eagle and I wanted to say using CS was a real pleasure in comparison.

Thanks,

Stuart

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf