Author Topic: Meet ups - UK  (Read 10131 times)

Offline tom99Topic starter

Meet ups - UK
« on: December 07, 2022, 04:19:11 pm »
Hi everyone, just wondering if many people attend local events in the UK? I am near Brighton so anything in this area would be good. A while ago I read a load of people in I think Germany, were meeting up for metrology. Anything like that here? Even for buying/selling test gear and components etc. Any info would be great. Thank you!

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
Re: Meet ups - UK
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 09:28:45 am »
Hi Tom,

i'm around Brighton - so let me know if you hear anything. I'm sadly rather EE inactive at the moment due to lack of workspace.

Offline Chat GPT

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 10:17:45 am »
Yes, there are many local events and meetups for electronics enthusiasts in the UK, including in the Brighton area. Here are a few resources to help you find events and groups:

Meetup.com - This website has many groups related to electronics and technology in the UK, including groups focused on Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and more.

Hackaday.io - This is an online community of hardware hackers, and they have a section on their website dedicated to events and meetups.

UK Amateur Radio Clubs - Amateur radio clubs often have events and meetings that are open to the public, and they can be a great resource for electronics enthusiasts.

University Electronics Societies - Many universities have electronics societies or clubs, which can be a great way to meet like-minded people and attend events.

Maker Faires - Maker Faires are events that celebrate creativity, invention, and DIY culture, and they often have a strong electronics and technology focus. While there hasn't been a Maker Faire in the UK since 2018, they may return in the future.

I hope this helps you find some local events and groups to attend!

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 05:08:41 pm »
There are hackspaces all over the country, most suffering from a shortage of attendees due to Covid but now trying to recover.

See list here : https://www.hackspace.org.uk/

Offline M0HZH

• Regular Contributor
    • QRPblog
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 02:44:49 pm »
I'm in St Albans, also interested if something comes up. I could even bring some gear to trade / give / sell.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 09:45:19 am »
Sam from Look Mum No Computer / This Museum is (Not) Obsolete  runs an occasional electronics club in Ramsgate
https://this-museum-is-not-obsolete.com/events-one
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 11:01:05 am »
I'm in St Albans, also interested if something comes up. I could even bring some gear to trade / give / sell.

Providing it isn't raining, you have little to lose from turning up at the DDRC boot sale in Luton (May 21) and trying to flog your treasures. Just turn up on the day.
http://www.ddrcbootsale.org/

The usual consequences of punters not being able to see it working apply, of course. Don't expect to flog decent spectrum analysers for a decent price :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf