Author Topic: GIVEAWAY: Keysight DSOX1102G Oscilloscope  (Read 52996 times)

Offline Rutherfordium

• Contributor
Re: GIVEAWAY: Keysight DSOX1102G Oscilloscope
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2018, 12:33:06 am »
Probably not enough posts.

Offline mbless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2018, 01:04:23 am »
I’ll take it!  ;D

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2018, 01:26:21 am »
One ping only.

Offline MarvinTheMartian

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2018, 01:33:05 am »
Count me in!

PS
Does my wife dying a few weeks ago count as a relevant 'sob story'?  :-//

I'm still dealing with the emotional and financial fallout.  :palm:  I'm turning to my electronics to help take my mind off things - haven't got a digital scope and would love to have one.
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Offline zike

• Contributor
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2018, 02:09:06 am »
Not quite 50 posts, I mostly listen till I have something to say. Can't strictly say I need another scope, I fix vintage Teks and have accumulated about 25 antiques that run; but it sure would be nice to have one modern digital that isn't junk.

Offline Ibex

« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2018, 02:47:56 am »
Alas <50 posts. Not sure if still eligible to be considered for the warm fuzzy/sob story prize.

My story: Always been interested in taking things apart, fixing/hacking them, engineering & physics etc. Had to abandon school prematurely at 15 after a lifetime of poor health (still 'waiting' for a proper diagnosis), no great loss - the promised electronics & pneumatics never materialised. 24 years later, I'm always looking for things to occupy my time that are compatible with limited & rapidly declining physical & cognitive abilities. Last year I discovered EEVBlog and immediately became hooked. Rekindled a lifelong interest in electronics. Vowed to fix a bricked router & succeeded.

Funny story: While fixing the aforementioned router, arm holding the soldering iron was afflicted by a muscle spasm which resulted in the other hand being stabbed with a very hot soldering iron. Naturally its reflex action was to recoil away from the unwelcome thermal stimulation. Unfortunately it was holding a pair of very sharp needle-pointed tweezers, which stabbed me in the abdomen. :palm: Newton's third law in action? Murphy's?

Viva le EEVBlog!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:51:58 am by Ibex »

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2018, 02:51:40 am »
once more into the breach.

Offline deanclaxton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2018, 03:04:04 am »
Changed careers recently from IT into electronics and would love to be able to set up a decent home lab. A scope is pretty central to a good lab setup, and therefore I'm putting my entry forward :D

Offline t1d

• Super Contributor
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2018, 03:25:56 am »
I was forced to retire on disability and I am home-bound. I took up electronics, to try to keep my mind going. I can't afford to just go out and buy new equipment. I would not normally reveal such information, but I am hopeful I might qualify as the warm-fuzzies guy.

My own creations include, in small part:
Many Unique Microchip Controller Boards
DIY Reflow Oven
Logic Tester
Crystal Oscillator Tester
PWM Motor Controller
Op Amp Tester
And many, many more.

I have learned Eagle and Kicad. I create proper boards and have them manufactured. I greatly enjoy this process.

I am learning tons. A digital scope package would take me to the next level! Thanks!
t1d

Offline plexus

• Contributor
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2018, 03:29:23 am »
Hi. I would love to win a scope! I am not sure how many posts I have but I did start the 121GW Thread so that has to be worth something, right? I don't use forums much.  :)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-121gw-discussion-thread/

Offline Photon939

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2018, 04:18:11 am »
My current scope came from a junkyard, could use an upgrade  :-/O

Offline AmericanLocomotive

• Contributor
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2018, 04:19:03 am »
Well, I don't have a scope and could use one. I don't have many posts, but I've been a member for 5 years. That's gotta count for something, right?

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2018, 04:26:55 am »
Posting once and only once, and no other posts, so this is the one post I'm allowed to make, this one time, only.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2018, 04:41:03 am »
Yoo!, I'm here.

Offline Rutger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2018, 05:05:23 am »
I love it, count me in !   :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline rounin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2018, 05:21:55 am »
No sob story, but hey. Doing waveform pass/fail on a DS1102e is painful. I would love something faster when looking for glitches in software generated waveforms. Hopefully my meager posts are judged worthy : ).

Offline boffin

• Supporter
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2018, 05:25:19 am »
I hope this time the random deities of random.org pick me.

Offline radar_macgyver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2018, 06:05:02 am »
Post.
:scared:

Offline Postal666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2018, 06:28:40 am »
One entry please and thanks. Sob story: I'm a broke as a joke bloke....

Offline SirAlucard

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2018, 06:40:48 am »
Dave, Here's hoping you read through every single sob story, and if you do, you are a greater man than most. Also, I realize I don't have more than 50 posts as of the time of this posting, but I joined with the sole intention of becoming part of this great community. Soon enough that post count will climb, and with it my knowledge will grow. So I hope you don't mind that my post count is a bit low.

To start things off, a story, of 2 year old me. When I was a young lad I too had an odd knack for taking things apart and seeing what made them tick. My mother swears to this day that when I was 2, I took apart an old toy radio of mine that didn't work, did something inside, put it back together and whala it started working again. Whether or not it's true is solely on her, as I don't really remember that. What I do remember is an old Electric Organ my father brought home one day that he found in the trash. Needless to say it was in the trash for a reason, it didn't work. At the time I had to be 4 or 5 years old. I just know I wasn't in school yet. My mother wanted to get rid of the old thing since it didn't work, and I wanted to tinker around in the back of it. So she said why not, and let me do it. Figuring I'd break it more and we'd have to throw it out. I think there may have been some wires that were loose back there or something, I don't remember what I did, but I told my mother that it was fixed, and she wanted to wait till my father got home to plug it in. He did, and sure enough the thing turned on and actually played.

Now come to the present and I'm about 30 years old. My whole life I've been tinkering with electronics. Mostly just taking stuff apart to see what was inside, without actually knowing how anything worked. I found myself mostly on the computer Hardware side of things. As repairing computers came naturally. However, computer's don't really challenge me anymore, as for the most part it's all module, and hard to mess up an installation. That's where electrical engineering comes into play. I've always had an interest in it, just never dived right in. Well I'm already off the diving board, I'm setting up a small little lab in the garage and already started working on repairing some of the projects that I've had sitting around for way to long. I even posted about it on the "Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like?" thread. However as you can see I don't have an Oscilloscope, surely this is a great shame.

For the time being I can't really afford a digital scope, at least not anything that is reliable. I'm in the process of getting a DSO150 kit from BangGood, whenever that decides to show up and hoping I put it together perfectly, and all the parts come in good shape and it doesn't just fry on me after a week of use. It'll help me diagnose some issues that I'm having with a TI-83+ Calculator I'm trying to repair. Granted it's up to the job, but realistically it's only a temporary solution. Now I'm sure there are tons of people here that would love a new scope to add to their collection, or even upgrade from a scope they currently have, but I need a scope to further my knowledge into the world of Electrical Engineering, as I know this will be the place to challenge my mind, and a place to further my career choices in. I'm definitely going to be doing this for a long long time. Hell I've already been doing it along time, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Some projects that it will come really useful in are in RC, Diagnostics for audio and repairs. I've got several repair projects that I need to diagnose the pwm signal of a mcu. I'm trying to develop my own video camera, and it'll really come in handy with that. There's no short of projects and an oscilloscope would be used regularly.

Lastly I'd like to thank Dave himself for hosting such an amazing community, your blogs are wonderful, I find myself up late at night watching them. I've been watching for a while, at least a couple years and don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but recently decided to join up in the community. So thank you for sharing your knowledge with everyone, and thank you for having a great giveaway like this!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:28:30 pm by SirAlucard »

Offline firstcolle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2018, 08:27:14 am »
intresting scope! i'm in

Offline markb82

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2018, 08:29:02 am »
1.21 Gigawatts!

Offline tatus1969

• Super Contributor
  • Resistance is futile - We Are The Watt.
    • keenlab
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2018, 08:31:34 am »
Resistance is futile, we are the Watt! In desperate need to replace ny Hantek DSO *blink*
We Are The Watt - Resistance Is Futile!

Offline KissAnalog.com

« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:43 am »
Hi Dave,
Eddie Aho here with Analog :)
I am going to start posting on YouTube - maybe by the time you read this - I’ll have some up for you to see.  I’ve been in the industry a long time and hope to rebuild an old lab so that I can start a successful home business.  I’m determined to make lots of videos and build a following.

I have recently found you and have already watched and ‘liked’ many of your videos.  You are so talented and great with the camera.  I had plans to do this and then when I saw your videos - at first I started to wonder how I could possibly do what you do - and then I realized I can’t - but that’s OK.

It would be great to win something from you that I could show in my videos in the background...it would be a kind of trademark gift from Dave.

See you on your next video,

Eddie

Offline lowimpedance

• Super Contributor
  • Watts in an ohm?
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2018, 10:49:29 am »
 Another free post towards to magic 1000, at my usual rate I should be there in a few more years  :P.
The odd multimeter or 2 or 3 or 4...or........can't remember !.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf