Author Topic: GIVEAWAY: Keysight DSOX1102G Oscilloscope  (Read 52973 times)

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
Re: GIVEAWAY: Keysight DSOX1102G Oscilloscope
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2018, 11:34:21 am »
I would like to nominate Tony, cuz he blew up his scope  :-BROKE, but Tony may not be a contributing member here. He is, however, a contributing member of the youtube community and brings a theatrical element to his informative videos, which I have enjoyed.

If I win, I would use the winnings to help Tony out and I am sure that benefit would ultimately reach a larger audience.

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2018, 11:45:16 am »
Maybe I don't need to fix my Tektronix scope after all?  :-//
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline Fludo

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2018, 12:01:00 pm »
 My scope model is discontinued and parts are no longer available! I need a more modern one!

Offline jhalar

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2018, 12:11:16 pm »
Pick me please.

I really really need to replace my old Tektronix TDS220 B&W scope with something decent and modern.

Electronics and Network Engineer. Working in both worlds.

Offline Xzhiro

« Reply #254 on: March 03, 2018, 12:19:06 pm »
I really need a new scope to replace my crt Tektronix with one functional channel

Offline Orpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2018, 12:48:00 pm »
I really need a new scope to replace my crt Tektronix with one functional channel

A functional channel? Oi! You must be rich.

I have to walk up and down the config menus --uphill both ways--  to get half a functional channel. And I'm grateful to do it!

Offline cat87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »
I'm in. Sorry, not much of a story here... I can't afford a scope like this because I tend to spend my money on stuff like  getting PCBs done, buying parts for them or buying stuff to take apart....before turning them on, of course

Offline Philfreeze

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #257 on: March 03, 2018, 01:10:43 pm »
My current oscilloscope is an old analog storage Tektronix T912. Don't get me wrong, it still works and I do not want to win Daves warm feelings contest at all, others deserve it way more than I am.
Just wanted to enter the regular forum member contest and tell you guys that these old cathode ray scope really aren't all that bad (especially if it isn't quite as bad as mine is.

Again, I do not want to enter Daves pick contest as I could totally afford a much better scope (300-500$) if I really wanted to.

Offline vindoline

• Supporter
« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2018, 01:28:34 pm »
Dave, I need the scope because I live in the North and my lab is in my Unheated basement! I need something to give me joy and hope while I toil away in the freezing cellar with my hobbies. Hopefully the DSOX1102G puts out a lot of heat!

Offline Kevin.D

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #259 on: March 03, 2018, 01:33:34 pm »
IN please, lady luck has never smiled on me, but still not given up hope. :popcorn: 

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2018, 01:37:39 pm »
I would like to nominate Tony, cuz he blew up his scope  :-BROKE

If I win - consider Tony as a winner, ship scope straight to him. Cheers!

Offline Barny

• Frequent Contributor
  • I'm from Austria, not Australia ;)
« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2018, 03:00:04 pm »
I know, I have no chance of winning but hey, its worth trying.

I gave my 5000 series Rigol to my little nephew to help his way in electronic.
And now, I use an old analoge 20Mhz Lucky Goldstar oscilloscope which I rescued in a dumster dive.

To be honest, I'm not that in need of the scope, but I would surly appreciate it.

Offline beenosam

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2018, 03:15:22 pm »
Gonna try my luck. I am still a student so this would be useful.

Offline dave356

• Contributor
« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2018, 04:27:30 pm »
Pick Me-Me-Me

Online Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2018, 04:39:49 pm »
I will give it a try.

Offline happyhippr

« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2018, 05:03:55 pm »
I'm a student on a co-op whose trying to become an expert in switched mode power conversion, primarily with photovoltaics. Ive built a basic MPPT system prototype while i was still at school on campus using campus supplies and oscilloscopes but now im on a co-op for 6 months, and still trying to make progress.

I am planning on buying the rigol  in a few months after I've saved enough money but winning this scope would  mean that instead of buying the rigol scope i could use the money get the bench supply :D.

I included a link that shows a little bit of my previous work below. I'm working with an old analog o-scope currently.  It would be nice to own a usb capable scope for design and testing purposes for my little solar DC-DC research projects! Eventually i want to master sychronous bidirectional conversion but my current goal for the next couple months is to just get a really high quality robust 200W rated buck converter.

https://happyhippr.wixsite.com/caleb-hille/solar-panel-research-2

Offline elecman14

• Supporter
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2018, 05:08:36 pm »
Guess I will put my name in the hat.

Offline voltlog

• Regular Contributor
    • VoltLog
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2018, 05:12:42 pm »
If I win one of those Keysight scopes I will be giving away for free my current Rigol DS1054Z to one of my subscribers  :-+

Offline stefan_o

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2018, 07:45:24 pm »
I would love winning this scope. I currently use a Hameg HM207 10 MHz scope from the early seventies that doesn't really fit my purposes anymore.
Originally I only repaired stuff, mostly older high-end professional audio equipment like mixers, (wireless) microphones etc. but I recently started doing some stuff on my own:
For a project at university I successfully designed (well, a lot was taken from datasheets / app notes) two circuits and layouted PCBs:

-An "audio" ADC (with DC support) hat for the Raspberry Pi based on the TI PCM4202 for analog data-logging at high voltage resolution
-A AVR-based PID temperature controller with PT100 temperature measurement with precision greater than 0.1°C (if calibrated)
I'm currently in the progress of cleaning up the code/circuit to be able to publish it for others to rebuild.

For that my Hameg HM207 is just not good enough. I was able to borrow an really great HP 54616B and I noticed how bad my scope my really is :) Also because of I tried to pick one up at eBay, but without any success so far :(
I don't like buying cheap, non-reliable equipment and new good equipment is too expensive for me, so I hope I'll get an DSOX1102G :)

Offline kolbep

• Frequent Contributor
    • ShoutingElectronics.com
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2018, 07:56:58 pm »
Hi.
Commenting as I really need one of the scopes.

After having thousands of views of videos on my personal Youtube Channel, I decided to start a channel dedicated to Electronics, Called ShoutingElectronics (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcztKCvpGP0gueHncksq6kQ) or ShoutingElectronics.com

As you can see on one of my videos (Repair of a Geni OBY600U Fitting, Part 1), I am using a Rusted old 20Mhz Beckmann Industries CRT Scope, which does not have AC/DC Coupling Switches anymore (Had to remove them because I blew the switches by putting mains on the inputs, with a 1x Probe.

I am also using a cheapie multimeter with 2 red probes (which SeanB has already commented on). So just a smaller, more portable Scope will make it easier to find place on my bench for when I need it (instead of literally balancing the Beckmann Scope between 2 parts of the bench), and will allow me to go deeper, and really study what is happening with circuits.

And hey, if I do not win a scope, how about a consolation prize of a 121GW, or Brymen EEVBlog meter, or anything will be better than the multimeter I have at the moment....
====================================
www.ShoutingElectronics.com Don't just talk about Electronics, SHOUT ABOUT IT! Electronics Blog Site and Youtube Channel

Offline LeonTheo02

« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2018, 10:13:59 pm »
Hi Dave! I am a hobbyist from Germany and Im 14 years old. I do electronics projects for 2 years now and I really enjoy it! But sadly I do not have the money to buy good Test gear. I saved my pocket money for a long time so that I could buy a good soldering station, the rest of my gear is mainly self made stuff like an old PC power supply or just pretty cheap like my multimeter . I would really like to win the oscilloscope so that I can exactly measure things and learn deeper into the functions of my circuits. Thank you for reading this.
Leon

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2018, 10:15:26 pm »
I'm in. Would be a great tool for our local flightsim group/Makerspace, where we are currently rebuilding an old Cessna hull as a very realistic flight simulator, and actually construct all instruments and input devices ourselves.

Offline fable

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2018, 10:29:24 pm »
Im in.

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2018, 10:38:08 pm »
I'm in please... My crusty Tek TDS-420A came minus the FFT option because back in the day that was just far tooo advanced on a 'scope and would never be used... (WRONG)...

Offline ion

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2018, 11:02:50 pm »
I'm in, a scope would be useful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf