Author Topic: GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz RTB2004 Oscilloscope  (Read 70515 times)

Offline SKHILLBILLYSlures

• Regular Contributor
Re: GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz RTB2004 Oscilloscope
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2017, 01:12:15 am »
Holy crap that so cool that you posted right after me I'm literally just like you I have aspergers and have torn apart many a things in much the same manner including physics concepts
There is so much info I'm DroooooooolING all over it

Offline Damoder

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 02:56:07 am »
Hi I am Damo from Kathmandu, Nepal. The devastating earthquake of April 2015 has destroyed a lot life and business here.
After nearly a couple of years the business looks changing for a good. I have got a Aplab 15 Mhz CRT scope but its just not fitting
to my kind of Laptop Repair Job. So I am writing this to EEblog Dev. I am 55 plus and I am ok with my repair job, just a good
digital scope is what I need.The video was over a minute but reduced to about 50 sec after I upload to Youtube I am sorry for that.

Thank you DEV and your team.
I wish the most deserved should get it.
73's Damo 9N7MS

https://youtu.be/OvZv0aED33s

Offline Damoder

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2017, 03:05:43 am »
Hello Dev,

can't see my posting for the giveaway. Did you received my video ?
                     Just replay. I could not change the video fron MP4 to MP3 so I just
                     attachec the Youtube link url.
                     Thank you,
                     Damoder

Offline nad007007

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2017, 03:45:20 am »
Hi Dave,
Please find 2 minute youtube clip link as requested
The reason i have posted is because i have a DSO138 Oscilloscope kit having trouble getting it together. as i have an neurological disorder.
But i would like to find out how to use an oscilloscope.

My other interests are 8 bit computers and z80 cpu.
https://www.tindie.com/products/Semachthemonkey/rc2014-mini-single-board-z80-computer-kit/

Thank you for your time.

From
Conrad Larsen

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:10:54 am by nad007007 »

Offline SebDominguez

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2017, 04:46:17 am »
Hi Dave,

I wish I could have magics dumpster like yours here in Paris! :P

Anyways thanks you for this amazing opportunity.

The following users thanked this post: pknoe3lh

Offline Devin Black

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2017, 06:38:33 am »
Hi Dave and David,

My name is Devin Black.  I am 16 years old and live in California and love electronics and engineering and plan to study it when I go to college in a year or so.  In my video I show you a quick tour of my workbench and show my current oscilloscope.  It is a EICO model 460 which I got for insanely cheap on craigslist because it's more than 50 years old.  It is an analog tube scope and it's not the best for detailed probing, which is why I am entering this contest.  I work 2 jobs and have been trying to save up for even a really cheap digital one for a few years now, but with college around the corner and needing a car I haven't been able to get one.  This is an awesome opportunity and I thank you for reviewing my entry.

Devin Black

https://youtu.be/SS7Y9QgKA1o

Offline brainpowered

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2017, 11:49:25 am »
Hi Guys.
I'm a 33 year old software product designer by day, electronics hobbyist by night. I've been studying electronics for last few years on my own and have religiously watched the EEVBlog videos for a long time now. I'm starting to design and build a precision Ammeter, Voltmeter and Ohmmeter. However with the equipment that I currently use to measure performance consist of some cheap aliexpress multimeter and oscilloscopes that hardly cut the mustard.  :-BROKE

I started my own Youtube Channel a few months ago (thanks Dave, you have inspired me! :-DMM ) and its called Brainpowered Electronics (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtUcgFWvhZbknS5LxvfbMrw).

The project i'm currently working on is in the video below:

https://youtu.be/6BLRMSKZ1hI

Offline aldolo

• Contributor
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »
Hi. Here is Aldo from Italy. Thanks for this opportunity to become a youtuber!  :)

https://youtu.be/NKqYTeA5loE

Offline Kieranod

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »
Hi Daithi’s (the Irish for David, the last pagan king of Ireland)
I am 54 and have taken up electronics in the last two years.
Most of my projects have been from Youtubers like yourself, Big Clive and Julian Ilett who have recently got new scopes.
I don’t like the sound of my own voice so I’ll video my setup and some projects.
I could not get the video to upload so it here and the power supply I built.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGglHenN00g&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a million.

Offline tantragna

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »
Hi Dave & Dave2,

My name is Ashok, a newbie on this forum and hail from Bengaluru, India. I am into electronics since I was 15yrs old. I began with learning analog electronics via vocational course for repairing TV, music systems, etc and later computers, digital electronics and computer networking. I still remember opening up a sanyo 2-way cassette walkman of my uncle and he going furious seeing me do that without his approval, later I fixed it back and all ended well. Infact he gifted it to me and I still have it :)

I was creative and over active since my childhood and my dad used to enroll me into various activities such as electronics, aeromodelling, music, roller skating, cycling etc and it was really wonderful of him to do that. I miss him!

Sorry to mix up my intro also in this post as it is my first post in this forum. I found out this forum when I was seeking help to make my 4-button multi-chemistry battery charger (used in RC crafts) USB capable. I wanted to test & used old recycled/reused laptop batteries (18650's) for my further experiments with power storage, intending to be used in UPS, EV's etc. I found our your forum EEV, initially I thought it was an Electric Vehicle blog, but when I browsed in I found it was from your youtube channel that I follow. Got myself registered and found that you had a giveaway of an wonderful oscilloscope, so thought I would give my try to have it on my workspace. Fingers crossed!

I am an electronics & telecommunication student, yes an elderly student and it is a cheaper course to enroll as it is a distance education and I didn't have to shell out huge bucks for enrolling and pursuing it. As a tinkerer of electronics and tech, I do make a living installing electronic safety, security systems and solar systems (PV). I happen to own a tiny/micro commercial vehicle that runs on diesel, which is slow and expensive to run and maintain. My first choice and thought was to convert into an electric vehicle using my knowledge in electronics & RC flying. All modern aeromodels & drones (as we commonly call it these days) are powered with powerful (yet potentially dangerous) lithium batteries, with electronic speedcontrollers for the BLDC motors that runs a propeller or a turbine. Making it on a larger scale is tedious, expensive, but would be worthy in the long run.

My life was turning boring with the regular routine work, and a challenge as this was enough me to accept it and then the journey began to collect all the information from the internet and outernet. My biggest hurdle is my own principles, to preserve or minimize the damage to the environment in the process of doing it just living my life. So the recycling of lithium batteries, or any batteries for that matter was my first priority, but to understand I had to start working on it. So I got a few scrapped laptop batteries and opened them to retrieve the cells that could probably be re-used in my project. To have a oscilloscope might sound too far from my requirement, but without one I have stumbled and given up many times of such challenges. So with or without this giveaway, I need to get hold of one to start with, as I will have design my own bldc motor controllers, battery chargers to make it economically viable and scalable in the future if there is a good market for it.

Well I can go on and on, but let me preserve my time and yours so we can do more and talk only that is necessary.

Thank again for the opportunity, and let the deserved win it!
https://youtu.be/MYRsmP5Nb5s

Offline MC_Skywalker

• 1+1=10
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »
Hi David, Hi Folks
A short intro about me. I'm electronic tech. I no have lab on my home.  I'm jobless and I try a build my own home lab.
This is my contest video

https://youtu.be/k0Fvc0wQj30

Sorry about no sound of video and my bad English.

Offline Grassator

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 07:04:24 pm »
Hello,

here is the video of "me".
It is without words since my English would be an expectation for your ears.
I prefer the soldering iron in the hand and not the cut program, as one notes on the video.
So an R&S would already be nice then I would have more possibilities with many devices.
I wish i had a dumpster like yours  :-

https://youtu.be/BvhpdoDekAM

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:42:41 pm by Grassator »

Offline esverd

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »

Offline d3cline

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 09:36:42 pm »
Thanks for everything Dave. For those of us coming from software and who are self taught your videos are beyond helpful.

Check out my GitHub Page for some projects I have been working on, including Arduino 101 and ESP8266.

https://github.com/objectsyndicate

Here is my workbench showing my current hardware,

I want to move to full PCBA design. Here is the current board I am working on (I know I have some ways to go)

I don't want to say exactly which sensors, but I am sure an observant person can figure it out.

I am basically getting to the point where my 1970s o-scope and the DSO aren't cutting it.

(if anyone notices any glaring issues with my PCB please let me know)

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:44:39 pm by d3cline »

Offline ngjohnson

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
Hello All,

I will update this posting monday, with a 2 minute video showing the project I'm currently working on with my roommate and why we really need this scope!  My roommate and I are 27-26 respectively, we met working at Tesla motors working on Model X and me mostly Model 3, a soon to be amazing car! We applied in our spare time for a NSF grant regarding V2X communication and where award a NSF SBIR grant to study vehicle to infrastructure. We have almost finished the grant and will be published a few paper on our findings and why we believe that AV will make the need for DSRC radios on vehicles unnecessary. We have been renting a Agilent scope for $390 per month because we are unable to afford a scope at the time and returned it yesterday because we are running low on funds. We are looking to take our technology to market in the next 4-5 months and will be needing to buy a scope, we recently demod  this exact Rode and Schwarz scope also picked up by a sales rep yesterday. We are looking to spend about $6000 in the next month on this very scope, and because we are currently book strapping this is a very difficult purchase. I will not be home until Monday, but expect a nice video to showing the two PCBA we have developed for IOT and V2X solutions. I'm a recent graduate with a degrees in electrical engineering and computer science, we are looking to take the information we are collecting with V2I and create the most accurate and detailed model to optimize traffic flow.

Check out or company at www.SinWaves.com

Best, Nicholas Johnson

Offline calebreister

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 04:10:42 am »
Here's my submission. I would have purchased a scope myself, but I spent my entire fortune investing in ubeam and solar highways :palm: :bullshit: |O .

Warning: capacitors were harmed in the making of this video. Don't worry, they were made in Shitzen, China.

I've also attached the latest schematics for my ADC project, for those who are interested.

Offline BootstrapWorkbench

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 04:13:34 am »
Here is my entry to the RTB2004 Oscilloscope giveway. My name is Charles, and my amateur radio callsign is KD5TKR. I am from West Texas, and I have been breaking and fixing electronics since 1984, when I was seven years old. I currently have a modest workbench, with some older oscilloscopes from the 1970s and 1980s, and I also have a logic analyzer from the 1980s. Recently, I started a YouTube channel, called Bootstrap Workbench, that focuses on repairing and using vintage test equipment, vintage computers, amateur radio equipment and more. Please check out my channel and my entry video. https://www.youtube.com/c/BootstrapWorkbench

Offline 16bitSprite

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2017, 06:18:10 am »

I was only watching EEVBlog videos a few days back looking for advice on a scope. After watching I decided that they were out of my price range for the moment. One day later your competition video came up. Creepy   :o

Anyway here is my entry with a sample of a few of my projects both complete and in progress.

Good Luck to all the contestants.

Andy

The following users thanked this post: jonovid

Offline AirCommand

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2017, 12:06:57 pm »
Hi Dave & Dave,

Great idea for a comp, here is my entry ... there isn't a whole lot to tell really  ;)

- George

The following users thanked this post: Koen, NivagSwerdna, jonovid, pknoe3lh

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 03:26:31 pm »
the Lab  yes I do know were everything is.  if I polled it all out for the video, I would be waist-deep in components.
only some of the projects are here, as others are part of the house, cctv related' so can not show.
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline RiCor

• Supporter
    • RiCor.net
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 08:14:36 pm »
Hello Dave!

I made a channel introduction / workbench tour video yesterday. Seeing your giveaway video prompted me to make another video.
I've only just started out in electronics but I plan on doing much more. Also created a YouTube channel (RiCor Tech) to share what I do with the world. Currently this only consists of a Tron Legacy Identity Disc replica but I plan on doing much more in the future.
Thank your for everything that you have shared on you channel!

Since I am still starting out at this point gear like this would be  absolutely awesome to have. More then anything it would be for me to grow further and to be able to do more with electronics.
Even if I would have to pay duty for it i'd have a wicked piece of equipment that I can't afford to pay full price for ;)

So here goes:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d8xMwIcQDn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:02:17 pm by RiCor »
Making is fulfilling :)
Do, fail, learn, repeat, succeed!

Offline Novanoid

• Contributor
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2017, 03:19:53 am »
Hello Dave!
I have needed a scope for a while now, and a project of mine has been lying on my desk for almost 3 months for that reason. This scope would also help me fix some old electronics which seem to keep coming into my possession. It would also be very useful down the line in high school and even in college, as my projects become more complex. Electronic engineering has always been an interest of mine because my dad was one. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to all the other people who have entered!
Here is my entry:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:38:02 pm by Novanoid »

Offline ngjohnson

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 05:23:56 am »
Hello Dave,
 I would very much like this scope, and without question believe I'm the best candidate for receiving such a great instrument! I won't be redundant to the below video, so let me add some more great reasons why I need this scope. I left Tesla motors making the best electric cars to solve a more difficult problem and have been bootstrapping and struggling like crazy to get boards working with minimal instruments. We use a USB scope and rent scopes when they are needed. I'm not just a hobbiest, electrical engineering is my life, and I have wanted a great scope for a long time, the cost has just been an inhibiting factor.

I have been doing the circuit design and PCB layout for the company and have used scoped at all my jobs working on real products that ship to real people, to I hope make their lives better. It sounds cliché, but my favorite part of engineering anything is struggling through all the little problems that go into making a product that I hope will make someone's life better. When I was in college I could use the lab anytime after begging the dean to grant me 24 hr access to labs, I then worked at a small electrical engineering firm of 4 EE's who make products for people all over the world, where I had keys to use the equipment anytime. At Tesla it was the same story, it has only been the last 6 months working for my own company that my access to great equipment has stopped.

To learn more about my current project check us out at  www.SinWaves.com. We have been working hard with any tools we can afford, and I'm not going to lie have had to pray things work as the simulations, because we have been unable to really test everything. This scope would save us a large sum of money right now, and help use focus on the products. We are working under a NSF grant and can't buy any test equipment with the grant money, so we have been renting as needed, batching test to make the most of the equipment, we realize this is not sustainable.

I plead to you that you pick mw, as you seem to have so much test equipment and we have so little, you would be helping two budding engineers grow or lab, and as we grow help others we hire, you would be giving this scope to a group not an individual, and helping create products that are more than just hobbyist projects but dreams. We look to solve real world problems using software and technology and have been saving to buy a scope, but if we can use that money of a PCBA run or manufacturing it would be all the better! I won't say that others don't need the scope, but few need the scope as bad as us! Thank you for reading my rant and I hope to see you email saying we have the right vibe. Please help grow our prototype lab and make our dream of building a company from our garage in silicon valley a reality.

https://youtu.be/H7TUbenB6pk

Best,
Nicholas

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:25:15 am by ngjohnson »

Offline gatecrasher53

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2017, 06:14:02 am »
Hi all.

Here's my entry for the scope giveaway.

Good luck with the judging Daves.

To all contestants:

Offline andreas.ryge

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »
Hi Dave.

Thanks for your awesome blog. I'm rather new to electronics, but I'll give it a go anyway. Here's my entry:

https://youtu.be/cQpYrUBHdvY

The following users thanked this post: pknoe3lh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf