Poll

Should the EEVblog giveaway be limited to only those countries NOT covered by the Scope Month promo?

Yes
140 (41.8%)
No
137 (40.9%)
Don't Care
58 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 335

Author Topic: POLL & Discussion: Keysight 1000X Giveaway  (Read 21070 times)

Online Brumby

• Supporter
Re: POLL & Discussion: Keysight 1000X Giveaway
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:41 AM »
It's not a competition. I found a used scope in a dumpster, I already have one, so figured I'd just give it away.
Tell you what Dave, just to make it simpler for you (so you don't have to make any difficult decisions) I'll lighten your load and take it off your hands for you!   :popcorn:.

I'm nice like that - it may cause me some inconvenience picking it up but I'm always ready to help a friend out.  :-DD

Perhaps Dave would not want to inconvenience you like that.  I could pick it up - and it wouldn't be an inconvenience at all.   :D

Offline naldo

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2017, 03:11:57 AM »
You're voted     !  :-+
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:16:10 AM by naldo »

Online kaz911

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2017, 03:12:22 AM »
Hi Dave,

would it be allowed to cast an entry/vote - but designate the vote towards a good purpose? Like a local school in your area?

The following users thanked this post: TheDane

Offline MarvinTheMartian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »
Perhaps Dave would not want to inconvenience you like that.  I could pick it up - and it wouldn't be an inconvenience at all.   :D
LOL - I'm sure I can live with the inconvenience thanks Brumby, wouldn't want to put you out at all.  :P
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
  • Cut me some slack, I'm a biochemist!
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2017, 01:18:51 AM »
So I have a couple to giveaway, and the usual argument has come up again. Should I just limit the forum giveaway to countries not covered the Keysight Scopemonth promo, or to everyone?
Remember that Keysight are giving away 5 scopes per day for a month.
Argue away...

When you are to announce the winners in a live stream, could you please schedule it? On YouTube?
I collect [corporate] mugs.
MTBF ~ 700.000 h

Offline Blue

• Contributor
  • Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
Yeah,

I would love to win one Dave!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Offline Sredni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
I am not entering the contest because if I won, the scope would be stolen along the way. And if it did not get stolen, I would have to pay in taxes more than I would be willing to pay for a new scope.
Also, I would not want to disclose my country - that 'privacy' alone is worth more than a brand new scope.

But, I believe Dave should exclude the countries already included in Keysight's giveaway. They already have their chance to win one through that channel.
I would also push it even further and limit the countries to those where buying such an oscilloscope would be almost impossible for a young student or freshly graduated engineer. In that way, instead of adding one more scope - or a slightly better scope than was going to be bought anyway - the giveaway can really make a difference.

Perhaps using income per capita as an indicator could help. Like, make eligible only those countries where the scope would cost more than X months of average salary.

By the way, average income in Antarctica is four penguin eggs.

(No, my country would be excluded, too).

Now the whole western world hates me.  :)
All instruments lie. Usually on the bench.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf