Author Topic: Scope Month 2017 Megathread  (Read 112632 times)

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
    • My tech blog documenting whatever weird electronic things I feel like doing.
Re: Scope Month 2017 Megathread
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2017, 12:58:28 am »
For the record I'm still waiting for a response and I was picked in late May. I wouldn't worry about it too much, yet.
Code: [Select]
Initialization Failed: Insufficient caffeine in system.

Offline Mayo

« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2017, 03:39:46 am »
same

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2017, 01:11:12 pm »
Ditto, and I emailed a couple of days ago to check, no response....

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »
Things should be under control, don't panic yet! Feel free to e-mail Josh asking for an update.

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #354 on: June 27, 2017, 09:16:07 am »
Things should be under control, don't panic yet! Feel free to e-mail Josh asking for an update.

I did indeed receive a email from Josh so all good, I will sit back relax and look forward to getting it :)

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline Mayo

« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2017, 05:27:16 pm »
Has anyone heard any new information on the re-draw? Its been over two months since I got the email saying I won and I still haven't heard anything new since then. I tried emailing josh at that email a few times recently but he hasn't responded, and its no longer sending the auto-generated "Thanks for the e-mail! This account is monitored..." response.

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
« Reply #356 on: August 02, 2017, 05:39:14 pm »
I received a response from Josh at the end of June, and he said there was a significant backlog that they were working through. I haven't heard back since, nor have I asked for an update since then.

I was told that my information had been processed a while ago, but I'm still waiting on the scope's arrival. I'll still hold my breath for now, but I'll probably send Josh another email.

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2017, 03:29:58 am »
I received a response from Josh at the end of June, and he said there was a significant backlog that they were working through. I haven't heard back since, nor have I asked for an update since then.

I was told that my information had been processed a while ago, but I'm still waiting on the scope's arrival. I'll still hold my breath for now, but I'll probably send Josh another email.

I just went back through my email.  Just a little insight or perspective.  I was notified I was a scope winner on March 6.  I was notified of shipment on May 25.  I received it on June 6.  (FedEx took longer than usual, it sat in Narita, Japan for 5 days for some reason.)  Keysight is taking care of their paying customers, and I respect that.  I don't have any inside information, but for me it was about three months.  I still greatly appreciate the free scope.  For "entry level" it is a great piece of gear.  I hope you get yours soon and start enjoying it.

Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2017, 09:23:27 am »

I just went back through my email.  Just a little insight or perspective.  I was notified I was a scope winner on March 6.  I was notified of shipment on May 25.  I received it on June 6.  (FedEx took longer than usual, it sat in Narita, Japan for 5 days for some reason.)  Keysight is taking care of their paying customers, and I respect that.  I don't have any inside information, but for me it was about three months.  I still greatly appreciate the free scope.  For "entry level" it is a great piece of gear.  I hope you get yours soon and start enjoying it.

Totally agree, mine is scheduled to arrive via DHL next Tuesday :)

Offline Mayo

« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:55 am »
So, did yours come in? I need to live vicariously through you while i wait for mine!!!

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2017, 04:04:05 am »
I need to live vicariously through you ....

Sounds like the underlying tone of this whole thread......   ;)

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2017, 05:12:26 am »
So, did yours come in? I need to live vicariously through you while i wait for mine!!!

There is always next year, if they keep this promotion up. 
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline Mayo

« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2017, 06:42:07 pm »
I actually won this year, just still waiting on the thing to ship. I actually got my email around the same time StuUK got his, but they recently emailed me saying they lost my info and had to restart the process :(
Its all good though, I'm not complaining. It will get here when it gets here. Free stuff is free. :-+

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2017, 06:42:58 pm »
Impressive patience, Mayo. Hope you get your scope soon.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:04 am »
Just  got my scope on Friday! I didn't receive an email stating that the scope was shipped, so it turned out to be a pretty nice surprise and a great way to start the weekend.

Anyone else have trouble installing the DVM license? All I got was the message "License installation error. The license was not installed."

I decided to open the .dvm file in Notepad++ and noticed that it was hardcoded for a specific DSOX1102A serial number, and I wasn't given an option to input my own scope's model and serial number either.

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2017, 09:19:40 am »
Just  got my scope on Friday! I didn't receive an email stating that the scope was shipped, so it turned out to be a pretty nice surprise and a great way to start the weekend.

Anyone else have trouble installing the DVM license? All I got was the message "License installation error. The license was not installed."

I decided to open the .dvm file in Notepad++ and noticed that it was hardcoded for a specific DSOX1102A serial number, and I wasn't given an option to input my own scope's model and serial number either.
DVM installed just fine. As did other licences.

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2017, 04:36:32 pm »
Congrats on the scope! In some cases the shipping is so fast by the time we get tracking the package has been delivered - this was potentially one of those cases.

Also, for your DVM license, try using a different flash drive?

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2017, 04:40:26 pm »
Thanks! I was able to get the DVM feature enabled after I sent you my protocol decoder request and installed the license file you sent me, interestingly enough.

Offline nelsonm

• Contributor
    • Something Eloquent
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2017, 04:21:45 am »
I'm just curious Keysight Daniel B., can you provide a rough estimate for the percent of competed shipments? I'd just like to know if I'm in the middle of the pack/beginning/or straggling at the end in my wait. I haven't heard back from Josh in the two weeks or so since my last message, and they said that my 'scope was going to manufacture about a month and a half ago... It's totally okay if you don't have numbers though.
~ Nelson

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2017, 07:40:10 am »
Got my Scope, many thanks Keysight looking forward to using it. Mentions been made in this forum about a Protocol Decoder Licence? Have I missed something :)

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
« Reply #370 on: September 25, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »
The DSOX1102G has optional upgrades to enable the DVM and serial decoders through license keys. If you ask Daniel (nicely of course! :) ) I'm sure he could help you out with that. (On that note, because of the upgrades you can't just go and sell the scope immediately after upgrading them - but why would you do that? ;) )

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
Got my Scope, many thanks Keysight looking forward to using it. Mentions been made in this forum about a Protocol Decoder Licence? Have I missed something :)

No promises, but shoot me a PM.

Offline Circuitsquirrel

« Reply #372 on: November 21, 2017, 01:22:40 am »
I would like to state that I received my oscilloscope today.

To everybody at Keysight, thanks a bunch!

Offline ginbot86

• Contributor
  • 0x9000
« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2017, 01:27:34 am »
Nice! Hopefully you'll be enjoying it for quite a while, I know I am :)

That said, has anyone else had their scope crash after saving a file to a USB drive? Interestingly enough, I got a mouse pointer (!) on screen but couldn't do anything useful after that point and had to power-cycle the scope, and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem since.

It does make me wonder just how much of the Windows CE desktop components are still in the scope firmware - there's gotta be some secret key combo to open the Windows shell... right?  ;)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:30:49 am by ginbot86 »

Offline nelsonm

• Contributor
    • Something Eloquent
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2017, 03:33:59 am »
Hey folks, here's my requisite "Yay, my scope arrived!" post

Thanks so much Keysight!
~ Nelson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf