Author Topic: Live on CrowdSupply! muArt - A UART converter finally done right  (Read 33003 times)

Offline chriswebb

• Supporter
Re: Live on CrowdSupply! muArt - A UART converter finally done right
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:48 pm »
Apologies, I didn't read the bottom of your crowdsupply campaign where you referenced this, and I dont remember seeing an option for registered mail when I bought the item originally. It is certainly possible that I missed the option, being that I missed it in your campaign originally. I've never really had to do that on any other item I've backed from there, and it seems I've also misunderstood CrowdSupply's process where I thought they were doing all the shipping once the product was finished. No worries on it taking longer than 3 weeks, I am sure it will turn up. I will let you know in a few weeks if it doesn't.

Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:00:53 pm by chriswebb »
Always learning. The greatest part of life is that there will always be more to learn.

Offline pyloTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2019, 09:25:01 pm »
No worries. Crowd Supply lets the creators decide if they want to ship themselves or let CS do the shipping to backers. Most let CS handle it, so your impression wasn't completely wrong at all. Also, once the funding is over and all backer orders have been fulfilled, CS always takes over shipping. The µArt is no exception, so all orders placed after Jan 18th are shipped by them and not me. This also means future orders all get registered packages so there is no option anymore to select the shipping type. Because of this though, it costs more now for non-US buyers (which is why I chose to handle shipping in the beginning myself).

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:32 am »
Karoly, the first time I saw the μART was here on eevblog and I added my money to the pot without hesitation because it's such a good idea.

My μART arrived here in Sweden around seven days after you posted it. I thought that the rather thin padded envelope which you used was inadequate. It had only travelled from Hungary to Sweden yet there were small holes in the envelope already. Longer journeys would probably result in the contents breaking through the envelope...

A USB to serial interface is not something I use every day, but I do actually have a collection of various adapters which I've accumulated over the years to interface to various devices. To replace all these adapters with one was a big part of why I invested in the production of the μART.

What you delivered in the end is very good indeed. Well made and well designed. The last minute change to the injection moulded case was a great decision. The updates that you published on Crowd Supply were sensible, accurate and meaningful.

This weekend I needed to debug a GPS receiver which I'll be using for a Nixie clock. The first thing I reached for to interface the GPS receiver with my Linux based laptop was my new μART. It worked faultlessly in both hardware and software terms. It was completely unremarkable - almost invisible - just like good hardware should be.

The μART does exactly the job it was designed for and I thank you very much for making it!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:51:49 pm by grizewald »
  Lord of Sealand

The following users thanked this post: pylo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf