Author Topic: Impossible (cancelled with an apology!)  (Read 20310 times)

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
Re: Impossible
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 10:20:10 pm »
Horse peak horsepower is about 10 hp. Most horses can manage an average of 1 hp.
O, you know my horse is also 4x4, all terrain and amphibious and auto-parks itself back to stable in 10 min if not tied properly  ;D It has an autopilot mode that allows driver to get home safely even if he/she is completely drunk or incapacitated otherwise. It is teenage driver-proof, re-charges itself by eating grass of neighbour's loan and violently kicks headlights out if divers don't keep safe distance. It costs about $180/month in fuel and supplies. Now it comes with row of blinking LED lights along its tail.

NOTHING on Kickstarter can beat that !
You forgot to mention that it also produces fertilizer. ;)
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 07:31:37 am »
In large quantities. Seemingly about double the amount of fertiliser than the feed that went in though.

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:36 pm »
Horse peak horsepower is about 10 hp. Most horses can manage an average of 1 hp.
O, you know my horse is also 4x4, all terrain and amphibious and auto-parks itself back to stable in 10 min if not tied properly  ;D It has an autopilot mode that allows driver to get home safely even if he/she is completely drunk or incapacitated otherwise. It is teenage driver-proof, re-charges itself by eating grass of neighbour's loan and violently kicks headlights out if divers don't keep safe distance. It costs about $180/month in fuel and supplies. Now it comes with row of blinking LED lights along its tail.

Well, if it produces a lot of fertilizer if has a future in management.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 06:37:05 pm »

Well, if it produces a lot of fertilizer if has a future in management.

It cannot be in management, it has actual horse sense.

Now, if it was a bull...................  >:D

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 06:54:38 am »
this 1 is not 5kg ... but ... looks like it is selling like hot cakes in china
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.vO9uVN&id=41726559841&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

That's actually cool !

Firewheel Test Unicycle eWheel.net Electric Self-Balancing Technology in USA Airwheel Rockwheel

And another:

where were these things hiding? Seems there are a lot of them, maybe battery life is not that great.

Argh no video embedding allowed in the youtube demo :(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:57:33 am by miguelvp »

Offline ArtlavTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Orbital Designs
Re: Impossible (cancelled with an apology!)
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:51 am »
Hm...
Now that is a first (that i'm aware of) - project cancelled, with an apology and explanation of underestimation.
Dear Backers, 

First of all we want to apologise for our lack of communication with you. We are sorry for taking your time. From your comments and advices on Kickstarter, we have realized that we have to work on a lot of issues that we haven’t addressed in our projects and updates. We made a lot of mistakes. Among our mistakes are 1.Miscalculation of the Impossible’s price (Carbon fiber, Motor, Charger and the other smaller parts are more expensive than the prices we offered in our Kickstarter campaign to be more exact three times more expensive) 2.Mistakes in currency convergence from CAD to USD as we made our negotiations with factories in USD not in CAD, 3.Shipment prices, and the biggest one we didn’t calculate the money that 4.Kickstarter will have to take from the funding. As you see from the list of our mistakes we are not businessmen we are inventors and we were very excited to share our invention wit the world even when we realized our mistakes we still wanted to continue and deliver our product to everyone who backed us. But the other reality is that we needed money to make all those changes happen and the truth is we didn’t have it and that’s why we asked help from you Backers. I am really sorry to announce that we will have to cancel our project and come back later so we can have a better prototype, different available models, better pricing, more pictures and videos more transparency, and most important a Better communication with you backers. Thank you for your trust and patients. We are coming back to Kickstarter on April 2015 or even earlier.

So, odds are that they were in fact honest but clueless, and not intentionally scamming anyone (or that's what they want us to think).
Regrettable, since that was a good concept, but also good, since no one is going to lose tons of money on a doomed project.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf