Author Topic: Mooshimeter - Wireless SmartPhone Multimetre  (Read 80405 times)

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
Re: Mooshimeter - Wireless SmartPhone Multimetre
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2015, 04:41:17 pm »
and the way he made the blog for this, its like a making of documentary, not many creators would share so much  :-+

You're right, I liked it.  They've been very up-front about every step of the process, from hairline fractures in the cases due to problems with the injection molding process, to firmware issues, etc.  So far they've been quick to respond, quick to identify and fix bugs, and very transparent about the whole process.

It's a pretty good example of how a crowdfunding campaign should work.

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2015, 09:35:26 am »
Not to mention that the meter actually works as advertised. The Software is still a bit basic but open source, so I expect specialized applications and a PC API in the mid future. It shipped remarkably well and feels like a professional product. I'm very happy with mine.

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2015, 10:53:52 am »
this is weird i cant find the app in my android store LOLz .... was any 1 able to get it?
Yes, it is at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mooshim.mooshimeter
It is incompatible with my older Android tablet, but no problems using it with my iOS devices (but obviously not with the Android app!).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:57:49 am by Kean »

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2015, 10:58:25 am »
It is incompatible with my older Android tablet, but no problems using it with my iOS devices.

It is incompatible with both old Android and iOS devices. It needs Bluetooth low energy and this is only present in newer devices.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:19 pm »
Now that these have been out for a while, and perhaps used for extended datalogging, does anyone have any input on their performance?

This product could be useful for diagnosis/analysis of data in an automotive environment. I currently use my Fluke 287, but it samples min/max/avg at a max of 1 Hz. My Picoscope requires a laptop to be in the vehicle.

If this product meets its specs (even considering the low accuracy - a fair tradeoff for a high sample rate) and is not a toy, it could be quite useful.

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2015, 01:44:51 am »
See my post on the previous page comparing it's accuracy to a Rigol 3058.

Cliff notes - double digit mV/mA and above it was fine, below that not so much.  I didn't get into the high speed acquisition or logging.  Build quality, usability, feel, etc. are all up to snuff.

It doesn't feel like a toy.  It feels like a solid piece of lab equipment with questionable low range accuracy but reasonable mid range and above, with a KISS app that's very much function over form.

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:01 am »
They are actively developing it as well. After the meter shipped they added a few features such as logging to sdcard or a python api and they don't seem to stop at that. I'm very happy with my Kickstarter investment.

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2015, 09:24:54 am »
They are actively developing it as well. After the meter shipped they added a few features such as logging to sdcard or a python api and they don't seem to stop at that. I'm very happy with my Kickstarter investment.

When they shipped the meter it did not have the promised features.
It probably has all promised features now, but some more software development will make it much more usable.
At the current time you have to unscrew the box and remove the circuit board to get the logging data out. It would be much more useful to directly fetch them from the phone (The problem is that the slot to remove the SD card had to be closed due to safety standards).

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:22 am »
I did some quick tests, and it seemed to be meeting their specs.  I was getting around 0.1% accuracy on DC voltage readings from 1mV to 100V.  Low voltage measurements (<1V) are best done via the Aux input.  I used a Keithley 230 programmable DC voltage source and compared readings against my Agilent 6.5 digit bench meter.

The software does need more work, and the UI could be prettier, but the iPhone and Android app source is available if people want to contribute.

Offline ScubaShan

• Contributor
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »
my Fluke 287, but it samples min/max/avg at a max of 1 Hz.

I love my mooshimeter, its my go to device for measuring power consumption now however the logging to SD maxes out at just above 1hz on the cards i've tried. I believe this is due to the MCU spending lots of time waiting around for the SD to respond. James goes into detail regarding this issue @ https://moosh.im/2015/03/new-firmware-update-release/#gmWZiwG

When the app is updated to save logs directly on your phone the rate will increase dramatically as its no longer having to wait for the SD.

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2015, 03:56:54 am »
Anyone have more feedback on the user experience? I've noticed that two features already asked for include GPS position logging as well as a thermocouple mode.

Moseng

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2015, 07:16:20 am »
Cool
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:22:15 pm by Moseng »

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
It's aimed at hobbyists so no one serious will consider it, and if they do they're serious enough to look at the specs not the name.

Speaking of brand names, let's not forget what the word "Fluke" actually means. :)

Flatworm? :P

The only meaning of fluke I've ever used in daily conversation is of an accidental advantage or stroke of luck.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:13 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:

Uhhh?

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2015, 02:01:31 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:

Uhhh?

It was spam...or at least looked like spam

Offline NoItAint

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2015, 04:37:23 am »
This actually looks great  :-+

Seems like a nice little solid meter with future extra frills coming in the software.

I like the idea of being able to quickly connect to any size tablet for a big display if I want.

Taking out the memory card to place it in a PC to get the data log doesn't seem like it's too handy.  But then again, it's sealed in the case to safely from the elements collect a weeks worth of readings.  And there are just two screws to get to it.

I may jump on board.

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2015, 06:50:13 am »
It's aimed at hobbyists so no one serious will consider it, and if they do they're serious enough to look at the specs not the name.

Speaking of brand names, let's not forget what the word "Fluke" actually means. :)

Flatworm? :P

The only meaning of fluke I've ever used in daily conversation is of an accidental advantage or stroke of luck.

Back in the day,in my workplace we had bad experiences with one model of Fluke desk multimeter,& the
saying was "It's a Fluke if it works" ;D

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2015, 02:07:52 am »
I just got charged for the pre-order I placed at the beginning of May. I'm hoping that means the second production run is close to shipping!

Offline NoItAint

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2015, 05:22:16 pm »
Me Too!
I expect maybe 6 weeks?  :-+

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2015, 05:16:38 am »
An update on the blog notes that the components for the second manufacturing run have been delayed in shipment due to a random X-Ray inspection in the port of LA.

https://moosh.im/2015/09/shipment-pulled-for-x-ray-inspection/

Offline mmx_4

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »
What's limits (Hz) for TrueRMS measurements ?

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline mmx_4

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »
mooshimeter/specs

"Better than 1.0% accuracy AC for harmonic content below 1kHz"

1kHz sin. waves or 1 kHz non-sin. signals / TrueRMS measurements ?

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2015, 10:15:21 pm »
You would probably need to ask them direct.
They have a support forum.

https://moosh.im/f/forum/mooshimeter-support/
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline mmx_4

« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2015, 10:28:51 pm »
In this topic  https://moosh.im/f/topic/calibrationverification-ac-far-out-of-spec/
we can see   SUMMARY CALIBRATION Report for Mooshimeter
Very nice results at DC Voltage and Current,  and bad for AC  Voltage / Current.
May be, 2nd gen will work better ?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:33:23 pm by mmx_4 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf