Products > Crowd Funded Projects

Preparing EEZ H24005 for crowdfunding

(1/51) > >>

prasimix:
I'm opening this new topic to discuss crowdfunding related things connected to the open source project that is active for some time here and that is shaped to the great extend by valuable comments and ideas from many members of this forum. I'd like to thanks to all of them once again.

The project is "positioned" to bridge the gap between the DIY and professional worlds, and have a great potential to disappear in that gap or become an example how to combine the best practice from both worlds :).

The campaign will be conducted on the CrowdSupply and I'd like to hear your opinions about pledge levels. First please note that I'm not going to offer a completed solution. The reason for that is CE/FCC certification that is very costly and for 100 units that is campaign goal it could make a whole calculation completely unattractive.
Also please note the campaign is conceived as group buy to achieve few goals:

* Manufacture assembled modules (combined they have almost 800 items and that is far too much for many DIYers/makers despite the fact that DIY-friendly SMD packages are solely used)
* Manufacture compact metal enclosure to mount safely all parts and
* Decrease the cost per unitAgain, this is a group buy, not a new product production kick start, because it's not a profit driven (I have another source of money for living). Therefore prices of all pledges will be set to cover without loss the cost of manufacturing, transportation cost, crowdfunding platform (12%) and payment gateway fees (2.9%).
I was thinking about the following pledge levels (the final number and contents will be set in accordance with your wishes):

* Set of bare PCBs only (4 of them, 2 layer)
* As above + metal enclosure (with other metal parts such as TFT display support, AC/DC modules support, channel's heatsinks)
* Set of assembled PCBs only
* As above + metal enclosure set + wire harness
* As above + TFT display + AC/DC modules (2 of them)
* As above + Arduino DueThe latest one include all what is needed to assembly a fully functional unit that can be ready to run after firmware is uploaded. In essence you'll need a screwdriver for that operation and PC with Arduino IDE for uploading. Of course, you also need multimeter to calibrate it using built-in calibration wizard.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Tazz:
Hello Prasimix,
For the fun and my solely personal view of the spirit electronic DIY, I will pledge for the level 2.
My ideal level would be a 2b level which include wire harness and all the most costly components that could benefit from a group buy.

anyway  :-+ :clap:

prasimix:
Thanks Tazz, point taken. "2B" makes sense: Bare PCBs + enclosure set (or lets call it all mechanical parts) + wire harness

Theboel:
May I know the approximate cost for each level ?

prasimix:

--- Quote from: Theboel on December 09, 2016, 03:03:41 pm ---May I know the approximate cost for each level ?

--- End quote ---

I still don't have a complete calculation, but you can get some idea if you spent some time studying BOM that is published here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version