Author Topic: Preparing EEZ H24005 for crowdfunding  (Read 82166 times)

Offline Aigor

• Contributor
Re: Preparing EEZ H24005 for crowdfunding
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »
Baked One full unit :D

Send from my honor 7 via topatalk

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Offline ChrisG

• Supporter
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
I've ordered one! Happy to continue and grow my hobby with this in July 2017.. :-) Keep the posts and updates coming in.

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2017, 09:00:53 am »
One full kit ordered :-+ :-+

Offline prasimixTopic starter

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:42 am »
Great! Two more full kit and the Stretch goal #2 will be reached  :-+.

Offline timgiles

• Regular Contributor
  • Programmer, DB architect
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2017, 11:05:28 am »
For those that need to know, changing an order involves emailing their customer service. They cancel the order and refund takes 48hrs IMO that is really quick.

I am in such a bind as to whether to order the complete kit or the PCB and enclosure. I wonder Pris. Will the instructions have testing included along the way?

Anyone else have any thoughts? I have no immediate need for it but it will be more expensive... Never thought I would find it so hard to choose!

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:55 am »
Hi, I'm going to test each module when they arrived from manufacturers, any just finished a tester that can speed up that task for Power boards and AUX PS modules that require AC mains and 48VDC (see picture). Arduino shield testing will be part of inserting Arduino Due and upload test firmware.
All of you how decide to build it from the scratch, an updated instructions for the most recent revision will be available on the web and GitHub for download. Finnaly, for assembling full kit I'm going to prepare a video with instructions. It shouldn't take more then a hour or two to put everything in place. I hope that answer your question to some extent.

Offline Helix70

• Supporter
  • VK4JNA
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2017, 02:15:01 am »
Backed it for a full kit. Well done Prasimix! Looks like we just passed stretch goal point #2!

The following users thanked this post: Kean, prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
Update #10
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:01 am »
We get close to the final week of the campaign and I posted an update about recent activities that can be found here. I'd like to highlight that all changes announced as part of stretch goals #1 and #2 are now incorporated into the latest version r5B12 that is available on the GitHub. It even includes stretch goal #3 changes that does not looks so far away today as few weeks ago.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, julianhigginson

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2017, 01:45:23 am »
aaah, ok then....  I'M IN! Another full kit order placed.

I've been looking at this project for a while, and could really use a remote controllable PSU on my bench, plus I love the idea of having test equipment with full documentation behind it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:15:16 am by julianhigginson »

The following users thanked this post: Kean, prasimix

Offline garnix

• Contributor
Re: Update #10
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »
OK, I'm a backer as well! I reduced my lunch-expenses for the last month  :popcorn: - now I saved enough for this nice project and as an additional plus: I think I even lost some weight :-DD WIN:WIN

... It even includes stretch goal #3 changes that does not looks so far away today as few weeks ago.

Does this mean we have a chance of getting stretch goal #3 - even if we don't hit $88'000 ::)

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2017, 04:45:54 pm »
Thanks Garnix, and glad to hear that such project has potential to improve someone's shape :).

The stretch goal #3 is very close (22 complete kits away in this moment), but still questionable since only six days left. I'll get an updated (that includes all stretch goal) offer for PCBA service next Monday and I think that we should have at least 200 complete kits (7 is currently missing) for it.

• Supporter
    • EEZ
Enclosure and asemblies pledge level
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2017, 10:07:51 am »
A respectable number of people decided to support this project by pledging for bare PCBs. Many thanks for that. I'd like to draw their attention in this final days to something what I believe is really worth considering once again and that is Mechanical assemblies that includes some parts that when are ordered alone could easily exceed the total price of that pledge. That is obviously customized enclosure, but not just enclosure alone, since it comes with two customized heatsinks (cut to size!) for Power boards and mounting rail for mounting TFT display among other stuff.
Without going into more details, I'd like to suggest you to check attached BOM of that pledge level where I marked in red few items that I found that is "difficult" (i.e. expensive) to order separately.

Offline Mike-

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »
Just ordered one full kit  :)

Btw 200 full kits now reached  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Kean, prasimix, garnix, julianhigginson

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2017, 01:43:07 pm »
I got today an updated quotation for the modules manufacturing. It' seems that with 207 complete kit we just "break even" few minutes ago for Stretch goal #3 (thanks to Mark O from Australia, and of course all of you people). The latest update is also published today with first video about EEZ Studio toolkit.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, julianhigginson, Rypht

Offline Macman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2017, 12:00:23 pm »
Just placed my order for a full kit, that takes the campaign over the $88,000 stretch goal.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:51:37 pm by Macman »

The following users thanked this post: Kean, prasimix, julianhigginson, Rypht

• Supporter
    • EEZ
200% and 3rd stretch goal is reached!
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2017, 12:07:11 pm »
What to say, I'm speechless! That makes 3rd stretch goal officially reached :).
Massive thanks to you and all other. When I started this I didn't expect even that 100 units could be backed.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, Macman, iainwhite, garnix, julianhigginson, Rypht

Offline ChrisG

• Supporter
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2017, 03:43:59 pm »
What a perfect Tuesday! Great stuff and very happy to note that also this stretch goal has been reached.

The following users thanked this post: timgiles

Offline ballanux

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2017, 09:42:58 pm »
I just ordered one full kit!

220 units already :)

I'm sure this will be helpful on my own projects and maybe I can also make a crowdfunding campaign for one of them soon  8)

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2017, 03:11:24 am »
so what's the next stretch goal?

we have 2 more days, right??
 :-+

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2017, 06:44:48 am »
so what's the next stretch goal?

we have 2 more days, right??
 :-+

:) I think that we are running out of time regarding new stretch goals. All of what I have in mind requires considerable amount of additional time and/or money. Let say that we can rise enough money a new cycle of prototyping has to be initiated and extra time for development is needed. In short that could add substantial delay in delivery, and I'd like to deliver everything to backers within planned time frame.

Also I'd like to take this opportunity to remind of the nature of this campaign: it's a group buy as noted in the first post of this thread. Therefore I'd like to recommend to all who are still undecided to make up their mind pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:46:22 am by prasimix »

The following users thanked this post: Kean, julianhigginson

Offline garnix

• Contributor
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:12 pm »
Wow, it is taking off like a rocket  :)

I was wondering, how this project will grow/continue in the future - e.g. you mentioned you might have plans to add this Riverdi 3.5" display in the future, so you plan to add additional group-buys for those upgrades via CrowdSupply?
And will this then more of a DIY project in the future (so I have to enlarge the cut out of the LCD from 3.2" to 3.5" myself as an example) or do you think you also plan to make upgrades to the enclosure? Or do you just plan to release a version 2 of EEZ H24005, e.g. EEZ H24006 and I have to buy another one, if I like the upgrade? (As most companies do...)

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2017, 10:22:22 pm »
Hi Garnix. The latest Arduino shield revision (r5B12) already includes support for better screen. Check Sheet 12 with optional sections here. It requires different type of socket (20-pin 0.5mm FFC) and small audio amplifier since its display controller also handle audio!

Therefore only a new front panel will be required because that display is a little bit larger (3.5" instead of 3.2"). I'll try to see with Varisom (enclosure producer) if they possibly have an idea how to make some sort of "universal hole" that can be easily adopted to carry any of them.

If any of you have some idea please let me know!

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2017, 01:32:21 am »
aaaaaand.... you are over 100k!!!!!

well done!

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2017, 01:39:41 pm »
A short follow up to the 3.5" display option discussion: such kind of display doesn't come with socket for SD card, and SD card will be a standard part of the solution for at least three reasons:
  • user profiles backup
  • waveform lists for "arbitary waveform generator" and
  • data logging.
Therefore an optional SD card socket is needed on the Arduino Shield itself and I managed today to add it. It's positioned in a way that you can insert it without opening enclosure if one extra hole is added (I have to discuss that with manufacturer). Ok, the place is not optimal (insertion hole will be on the bottom plate) but I think it's still better/simpler to just turn around enclosure then remove a whole plate.

Offline timgiles

• Regular Contributor
  • Programmer, DB architect
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:32 pm »
Gosh - over 100k and 300+ units. Great job.

How much would a replacement front panel cost (100 or 200 quantity)? I suspect not much. Cant imagine how to make the front panel so it could accept either without some sort of mounting plate that would need to fill the gap... Doesnt look too pretty in my mind at the moment - but I am no mechanical/design engineer.

4 more hours to go, would be interesting to see a graph of pledges over time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf