Author Topic: Robotic limb motor controller - Something abit different!  (Read 2510 times)

Offline rickey1990Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Beambuilder - robotics blog
Robotic limb motor controller - Something abit different!
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:52:55 pm »
Hi, just to let everyone know about my new kickstarter campaign, These boards are designed to not act like a brain, but are made to act like a nervous system, So they require no programming.  its designed to not only reverse automatically, but separate boards will work together (non connected) and seek a state where motor load is nominal, which just happens to be when the robot is moving. The boards can also be connected in a master slave configuration. The boards can also be controlled with devices such as a pattern generator or micro-controller.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2107586344/robot-circus

Kind regards,
Rickey

Offline MarkS

• Supporter
Re: Robotic limb motor controller - Something abit different!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 06:18:45 pm »
Is this a joke?

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 11:20:56 am »
Is this a joke?

Clearly not if you look at the campaign.  He has put significant work into it, but I think the videos need a lot of work to actually gain interest.

BEAM robotics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEAM_robotics) are used in some educational contexts, but appear to have been overtaken by the proliferation of cheap microcontroller (esp. Arduino) driven robots, and simple to use educational programming environments like Scratch.

I suspect there is going to be very little interest from people on this forum though.

Offline MarkS

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:51:03 am »
Is this a joke?

Clearly not if you look at the campaign.  He has put significant work into it, but I think the videos need a lot of work to actually gain interest.

BEAM robotics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEAM_robotics) are used in some educational contexts, but appear to have been overtaken by the proliferation of cheap microcontroller (esp. Arduino) driven robots, and simple to use educational programming environments like Scratch.

I suspect there is going to be very little interest from people on this forum though.

Apart from the fact that the boards are chain-able, it really isn't that much different than other MCU-less robotics platforms (BEAM) and kits I've seen. The two videos on the kickstarter page do not demonstrate it well enough to show why this deserves funding. What benefits does chaining the boards achieve? If that is the selling point, it is not explained or demonstrated well enough.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 03:28:03 am »
Maybe start by correcting the English in  this:
Start building awesome self reversing robots that will learn how to move around there environment. All with no programming!
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:08:02 am »
Yeah, looking at Rickey other posts on here, he doesn't seem to be too good at writing in his native English - but at least he is trying to build stuff.
He does need to team up with someone to handle the communications and marketing if he wants to be succesful though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf