Author Topic: Tinfoil Hat 2.0  (Read 2675 times)

Offline bollioTopic starter

• Contributor
Tinfoil Hat 2.0
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:34 am »
So came across this gem today...

http://shieldheadwear.com/

Not sure if blatantly conning people or if actually works and subtly conning people.

Check it out for a bit of a giggle.

Offline Terrius

• Contributor
    • Tinkering with Terrius
Re: Tinfoil Hat 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »
I was just wondering where I could purchase a hipster style tinfoil hat! Thank you for making my dreams come true!

On a more serious note the FAQ is pretty interesting, and at least slightly honest:

Does the hat really work?
"Yes it works thanks to the special silver shielding fabric inside. It has shielding effectiveness 55dB-65dB from 10 MHz to 4 GHz. Silver is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiodor and antistatic. Generally it can`t completely protect your head against signals because it should be covered from the top to the bottom. The shielding fabric is tested and it blocks High Frequency & Low Frequency electromagnetic radiation."

Sounds like it is just a Faraday cage made with conductive silver thread. So I'd say cashing in on hipsters who don't understand science, not sure if that is a blatant con or a subtle con.

They did answer the most important question of all though!

Is this just the tin foil hat?
"Our hat is not the improved version of “tin foil hat”. It`s inspired by actual situation and studies. Until now, we`ve known the waterproof, windproof or dustproof feature. Now it`s time to introduce the signaproof feature into fashion. Shield is more beautiful, comfortable and sophisticated hat than tin foil hat."

Offline Sprog

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:13:00 am »
A somewhat humor-based approach by iDubbbz.

EDIT: Some users may find this ..... IDK lotsof cussing and pollitically incorrect terminology
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:14:57 am by Sprog »
-Kyle
I'm a Jack of all trades, but an expert in none

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:46:12 am »
some valid use case

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf