Author Topic: Vidameter thoughts, opinion ?  (Read 12236 times)

Offline notzippyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Vidameter thoughts, opinion ?
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:08:36 pm »
Whats your thoughts on this campaign ? Seems like a really long way out to delivery, but maybe that is because they have so little to show beyond a "this is what we want to do" The emergency response was rather vague, claiming without a mobile provider ....
"The nine sensors can recognize an emergency from the change of your vital data. So, If you are unconscious or injured, it can automatically sends an emergency call and informs up to 10 pre-defined persons or institutions via encrypted SMS, MMS or E-Mail (you have the possibility to predefine it).
This message contains data of your location and your vital state. As soon as the recipient opens the message, the data appears on the mobile phone display as a snapshot. The received data will not be stored on the mobile phone of the recipient. Should your vital state change, a new message is sent. We are working with a partner with whom it is possible to send the data in any part of the world, even without a mobile reception."

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vidameter-the-all-in-one-smartband-for-a-better-fitter-and-safer-life/x/1733288

thoughts ?

Nz

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Re: Vidameter thoughts, opinion ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:15 am »
Let's see:
  • Very ambitious HW and SW project at (too) early development stage. Typical for Indiegogo HW section.
  • Project team doesn't include enough techical enginners at this point.
  • No real hardware is shown - they still do research and stuff.
  • Product will have to compete with similar devices in the market.
  • Funding is flexible
  • Marketing campaign is more or less wanky and profesional looking.
  • "Costs for patent protection" - what are they refering to? Cost of a new patent application? Lawers to help not infringe other patents?
However, they promise to deliver product by december of 2015 (not 2014) - time span should be long enough to make actual product if they are good and serious about at it.

I am not enthusiastic about this campaign, generally it looks very similar to some less "successfull" crowdfunding campaigns. Personally I would not recommend to back this campaign unless I saw working and production ready prototype.

Good luck to their team.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 06:18:17 pm by electr_peter »

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »
Hello to all!

My Name is Alexander and I`m founder of VIDAMET.
  • it is ambitious, we work with university for the Hardware development and the Software we make.
  • technical engineers we hired work with us but have a contract with a other company. They work for us and will get inn soon
  • In the next days you all see our final prototype, with the most Technic included
  • We have a lot of feedback that all what is in the market like a child's play thing
  • Funding is flexible, yes, a lot of people have problems with our million. We will maybe change it and make a fix founding.
  • In marketing we do what we can
  • We have 6 patents on VIDAMETER, but will bring revolutionary Sensors out in the next years!

The time is long enough! Look in the next days on the project a lot of amazing news coming up! If you have any question please write me a mail! hello@vidamet.com

Thank you! Thank you for your support to bring your VIDAMETER on the market!

regards
Alexander

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:27:20 pm by VIDAMET »

Offline jaxbird

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »
The time is long enough!

Says only people with poor planning and little or no experience.

Analog Discovery Projects: http://www.thestuffmade.com
Youtube random project videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStuffMade

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:04:48 pm »
@jaxbird

I brought 3 products on the market, and calculate all time right.

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:49 pm »
    Hi, Alexander

Thanks for a quick update.
  • In the next days you all see our final prototype, with the most Technic included
I think EEVblog forum users would be interested to see actual HW prototype.
  • Funding is flexible, yes, a lot of people have problems with our million. We will maybe change it and make a fix founding.
It is ok to have "Flexible" funding, especially if your are >100% funded overall.
  • In marketing we do what we can
Continue doing so, marketing is important point for initial campaign.
  • We have 6 patents on VIDAMETER, but will bring revolutionary Sensors out in the next years!
The time is long enough! Look in the next days on the project a lot of amazing news coming up! If you have any question please write me a mail! hello@vidamet.com
Keep this topic updated with major news on patents and HW.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 06:30:19 pm »
Thanks for participating in the forum Alexander, your product is entering a crowded market and will encounter some serious competition. Things like $1,000,000 flexible campaign goals can scare people away rather then bring them to you. A video of a prototype would be very valuable to see at this point.

:-+

Nz

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:44 pm »
How do you handle that you are entering the regulated market of medical devices?

Just picking out one single almost random (because, you know, cited above) claim:

"The nine sensors can recognize an emergency from the change of your vital data. So, If you are unconscious or injured, it can automatically sends an emergency call and informs up to 10 pre-defined persons or institutions via encrypted SMS, MMS or E-Mail (you have the possibility to predefine it)."

This gets you into the realm of directive 93/42/EC in europe, so do you have the necessary files and clinical trial plannings accordingly?

Your US representative also will get a call from a responsible FDA officer, asking you if you want to file a 510K (with such a novelty impossible, as there is no predicate device) or a PMA, I guess. (Those guys have police rights and even carry weapons >:D)

(Similar troubles in other countries well possible)
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 09:03:02 pm »
Looks a lot like the Dash on Kickstarter...

How do you measure blood pressure without the cuff?
What is a stress sensor actually measuring?

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:32 pm »
typical wearable scam cash grab
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
    The emergency response was rather vague, claiming without a mobile provider ....

Globalstar almost certainly, that's who SPOT uses.

Patents in which country.  What are the patent numbers. 
    ~~~
    EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 08:00:27 am »
    Looks a lot like the Dash on Kickstarter...

How do you measure blood pressure without the cuff?
    What is a stress sensor actually measuring?

Hello,

About the blood pressure. If you had read our faqs you would know it:

Can I measure my blood pressure with VIDAMETER too?

Yes, this is possible. The blood pressure cannot only be measured by a sphygmomanometer. This is also possible by ultrasonic. While the blood pressure monitor measures only the systolic and diastolic blood pressure, the overall trend of the blood pressure can be measured by ultrasonic. This is much more accurate and meaningful.

About Stress, it is not a sensor it is the result of many sensors together.

I hope this answers you questions!

regards
    Alex

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 08:05:44 am »
    Thanks for participating in the forum Alexander, your product is entering a crowded market and will encounter some serious competition. Things like $1,000,000 flexible campaign goals can scare people away rather then bring them to you. A video of a prototype would be very valuable to see at this point.

:-+

Nz

Today we will update Indiegogo what we really need, to go on, what we need that we go fast and what we need (the million) to do everything in time!

regards
    Alex

Offline jaxbird

• Frequent Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 08:20:11 am »
    @jaxbird

3 products with perfect schedule is very impressive, what were those 3 products?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
    « Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 08:21:25 am »
    Interesting that you avoid giving the patent numbers. And that you choose to ignore the question of how you comply with the regulations for health equipment.
    I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
    For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 08:47:09 am »
    How do you handle that you are entering the regulated market of medical devices?

Just picking out one single almost random (because, you know, cited above) claim:

"The nine sensors can recognize an emergency from the change of your vital data. So, If you are unconscious or injured, it can automatically sends an emergency call and informs up to 10 pre-defined persons or institutions via encrypted SMS, MMS or E-Mail (you have the possibility to predefine it)."

This gets you into the realm of directive 93/42/EC in europe, so do you have the necessary files and clinical trial plannings accordingly?

Your US representative also will get a call from a responsible FDA officer, asking you if you want to file a 510K (with such a novelty impossible, as there is no predicate device) or a PMA, I guess. (Those guys have police rights and even carry weapons >:D)

(Similar troubles in other countries well possible)

We work with the countries together, we make the clinical test, and all the stuff we need for the countries to help people to a saver life

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 08:50:57 am »
    @jaxbird

3 products with perfect schedule is very impressive, what were those 3 products?

Its a Inhouse Composter called Fertina, a APP called UrgentHelp and Polymer Paper

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 08:53:13 am »
    Interesting that you avoid giving the patent numbers. And that you choose to ignore the question of how you comply with the regulations for health equipment.

the regulation I have answered, the patent numbers are at my advocates. They do that stuff for me.

regards
    Alex

Offline jaxbird

• Frequent Contributor
    « Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 09:14:05 am »
    @jaxbird

Its a Inhouse Composter called Fertina, a APP called UrgentHelp and Polymer Paper

I was hoping for some more tangible information on these products. Any links available?

Thanks

Offline VIDAMET

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 10:04:56 am »
    @jaxbird

I was hoping for some more tangible information on these products. Any links available?

Thanks

Fertina is in Europe in Beta Test. The Market is today not perfect for it. UrgentHelp has saved 7 People. It was the beginning of VIDAMETER, and Polymer Paper together with a other Company (Impolymer)

regards
    Alex

Offline jaxbird

• Frequent Contributor
    « Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:53 am »

Thanks

Fertina is in Europe in Beta Test. The Market is today not perfect for it. UrgentHelp has saved 7 People. It was the beginning of VIDAMETER, and Polymer Paper together with a other Company (Impolymer)

regards
    Alex
    [/quote]

Interesting, but still not tangible. Fertina seems to be the name of a company in eastern Europe producing pesticides?

There doesn't seem to be any patents (IPO, EPO, USPO etc) associated with your name in any way?

Thanks

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
    « Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 11:47:47 am »

We work with the countries together, we make the clinical test, and all the stuff we need for the countries to help people to a saver life

The countries will do nothing for you, only their attorney generals give you trouble when not complying with the law. >:D

Do you recognize that it is a medical device and what measures did you take to ensure compliance? Advertising with ignoring this fact and weaseling around questions is a very bad sign. :-//

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
    « Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 01:47:38 pm »

You missed that developing medical devices already requires to follow certain regulations and procedures during development. You can't just go and get a device certified after you developed it in whatever obscure way.

the regulation I have answered,

I have the impression you aren't even aware of the basic regulations.

the patent numbers are at my advocates. They do that stuff for me.

Sure, and what are the titles of the inventions (one can search patent databases by title, too)? Or what are the names of the inventors (one can search patent databases by inventors)? Or at least the attorney name (one can search patent databases by agents), or the patent owners (one can search patent databases by assignee)?

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
    « Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 03:48:34 pm »

You missed that developing medical devices already requires to follow certain regulations and procedures during development. You can't just go and get a device certified after you developed it in whatever obscure way.

the regulation I have answered,

I have the impression you aren't even aware of the basic regulations.

the patent numbers are at my advocates. They do that stuff for me.

Sure, and what are the titles of the inventions (one can search patent databases by title, too)? Or what are the names of the inventors (one can search patent databases by inventors)? Or at least the attorney name (one can search patent databases by agents), or the patent owners (one can search patent databases by assignee)?

Enough said, I think. (Taking some popcorn)

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
      • My random blog.
    « Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 12:30:12 am »
    guys just shut up and let him ride on wearable fad wave raping some VCs, cmon be team players
    all he wants is a piece of suckers pie, same as Healbe

:)
    Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
    My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline yramgu

• Contributor
    « Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:01 am »
    Looked at what it's supposed to be able to do: very impressive! Does it make coffee too? that would really be a game-changing feature!

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
    « Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »
    I find the tone in here a bit harsh. Isn't it a sign of professionalism, to stay polite, even in the face of outrageous claims and irrational people? So far the Vidameter guy is doing a better job at that then most. Personally I wouldn't spend money on it until someone I trust (e.g. Dave) as had prototype in his hands. Also it would help to see those patents and get a bit more information on components and suppliers.
    « Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:20:06 pm by con-f-use »

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
    • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
      • Electron Plus
    « Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 02:01:36 pm »
    Massively ambitious specs, no prototype AND flexible funding...

https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

Offline yramgu

• Contributor
    « Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »
    And personally I don't think I'm being harsh, I'm skeptical ;) (that's the engineer talking)
    Now on a more serious note some pretty interesting questions were asked and there is no satisfying answer to any of them..

• Regular Contributor
    « Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 03:32:04 pm »
    I would tend to agree as well that the tone has become harsh rather then constructive. I believe Vidameter has done very well to respond to some of the questions so far, and I hope they continue to do so. Being skeptical is fine but dont be an a$$ about it.

Now to add to a concern of mine the latest update
    We set the funding limit to $ 1,000,000 so that VIDAMETER is available for you as soon as possible. With 1 Million US Dollar we could do so without any delays. Of course, it is also possible to start with $ 250,000 or $ 500,000, but then we cannot stay on our schedule and will be late for 3 to 6 months.

So if I am reading this correctly if they do not make the million dollar deadline this will impact the release date from 3 - 6 months.... So rather then 18 months you are looking at possibly 2 years... A lot of technology change in two years, how are you (Vidameter) planning to stay an industry leader on this ?

nz

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
    « Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »
    I would tend to agree as well that the tone has become harsh rather then constructive.

Don't give me that "constructive" bullshit. That argument is used by people who don't want to get feedback at all or are looking for an excuse to ignore given feedback.

I believe Vidameter has done very well to respond to some of the questions so far,

From my point of view they haven't. Incomplete, evasive answers, and non sequitur claims. Magic patents, people haven't manage to find the company, flexible funding, and on Indigogo.

Offline yramgu

• Contributor
    « Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 07:17:12 am »
    Completely agree with Bored@Work. The list of flaws in this project is quite extensive. I mean come on, just look at the list of functionalities... It's fine to be supportive of an innovative idea, that's how progress is made, but don't be naive either  :-\

I'll give you my opinion on my field of expertise, RF: They want to put, in that small bracelet, BT/NFC/RFID/GSM/3G/LTE. Well, that's not gonna happen. We already have trouble putting all of that in a bulky 5" phone, let alone in a bracelet 3mm high. And I won't talk about compliance with EMC regulations...

And the patent thing is really irritating because all similar projects claim the same thing, yet they NEVER show anything : They filed awesome patents, but don't want to show it. Alright. But you're not allowed to file a patent on an idea, you actually need a prototype for that. So where is it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
    Smf