Author Topic: Trouble with Hierarchy  (Read 3932 times)

Offline DielectricTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Trouble with Hierarchy
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »
I'm trying to put together an LED panel, and thought I'd try out the hierarchy feature.  I made a hierarchy block out of two components (a WS2812-like LED and a capacitor), with Din and Dout as ports to the block, VDD and VSS as global nets.  This came out well in the schematic, where I snaked all of the Din/Dout connections together as per usual.  However, when I go to PCB, the only nets are VDD and VSS, none of the data lines come across.  WTF?  Not sure what I did, all of the nets show in Schematic and I've tried a couple of times.  Just for fun I made a couple of the data nets into globals, no dice.  Anyone?  I've attached my schematic in case you want to look.

Offline Royce

• Contributor
Re: Trouble with Hierarchy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:51:05 am »
See that rectangle drawn in the middle of the Dout and Din lines? That is your hint from Diptrace that there is a disconnect. Select the Dout and Din hierarchy connections and drag them away from the LED. If they were connected a wire would stretch out between the LED and the connections. As it is, a gap opens up.

You can't just place a connector on top of the LED terminal. You have to place it to one side and run a wire from the connector to the LED.

Offline DielectricTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Trouble with Hierarchy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
That sure was the problem.  Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf