Author Topic: Stable v3.1 is now available  (Read 8962 times)

Offline johnboxallTopic starter

• Supporter
  • You do nothing, you get nothing.
    • Books, services and more:
Stable v3.1 is now available
« on: May 29, 2017, 10:09:34 pm »
Length matching and meander placement tools | Layer Stackup | Align objects | Import Altium ASCII | Import Eagle XML | 10,000 new components and 1700 new 3D models | New hotkeys and UI improvements.
http://diptrace.com/download-diptrace/

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Stable v3.1 is now available
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:43:06 pm »
Yes, the jumps from V2.4 to V2.9, then V3 & now to V3.1 have significantly propelled DipTrace into the professional arena.

I have not found any bugs since V3.0.0.2 ............ something that Altium unfortunately cannot match :)
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:28:30 pm »
should i bite the bullet? i remeber 3.0 being extremely sluggish with 3.0.1 being released about one week later
Also because i can't easily go back because new libraries format

Offline johnboxallTopic starter

• Supporter
  • You do nothing, you get nothing.
    • Books, services and more:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:54 pm »
should i bite the bullet? i remeber 3.0 being extremely sluggish with 3.0.1 being released about one week later
Also because i can't easily go back because new libraries format
You could wait a few weeks for feedback to appear along with version 3.1.1 :)

Offline RedSky

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 02:12:20 pm »
You could wait a few weeks for feedback to appear along with version 3.1.1 :)

Close, v3.1.0.1 was released a day or two ago  :)

I haven't found any issues with 3.1 yet though.

Offline BloodyCactus

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kråketær
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:26 pm »
nice. might look to updating in a couple of weeks.
-- Aussie living in the USA --

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:39:37 pm »
I haven't found any issues with 3.1 yet though.

I haven't found any issues with Diptrace V3.1 either.

The developers in the Ukraine have done a great job these past 3 years.

When I used Altium as my main PCB design platform, I was always trying out alternatives to find something I liked more, but now I don't bother. I'm pretty happy with DipTrace all round.

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 03:17:50 am »
Updated to 3.1 the other day. Only one complaint so far regarding any of the new features:

If you use the Align tool on a selection that includes any locked objects, it moves those locked objects! |O

Has to be a bug or an oversight, as otherwise normally you aren't supposed to be able to change the position or size of locked objects (or indeed any other properties) until you unlock them.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 03:34:37 am »
If you use the Align tool on a selection that includes any locked objects, it moves those locked objects!

Work around: Only select the objects you want to align.

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 04:29:02 am »
Work around: Only select the objects you want to align.

True, but if you're trying to align some things to a locked object, that doesn't exactly help. :P

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 08:39:47 am »

True, but if you're trying to align some things to a locked object, that doesn't exactly help. :P

Quite right. You had better log it as a bug on the DipTrace forum.

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 08:54:59 am »
I had a problem with the 3D rendering in version 3.1.0.0.  Only half (i.e. only one side) of some electrolytic capacitors were rendered.

Version 3.1.0.1 (and versions prior to 3.1.0.0) don't have the issue.

Also, the buttons on the Route Toolbar are not drawn properly if the toolbar is on the 2nd line (all 3.1 Windows versions).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:05:55 am by MarkF »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 05:19:35 pm »
annoying bug with traces optimizations when moving traces around: the optimizer will try remove part of them!

i was drawing an antenna and sometimes moving the wiggles removed a big part of the antenna :--
routing GND (before rendering the pour) and when i was adjusting one trace that went around some others it would again eliminare one part of it in order to reduce trace lenght :--

this is more annoying that what happened in 3.0.1, moving corners would sometime move also the two adjacent segments

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 06:22:54 pm »

I had a problem with the 3D rendering in version 3.1.0.0.  Only half (i.e. only one side) of some electrolytic capacitors were rendered.

Version 3.1.0.1 (and versions prior to 3.1.0.0) don't have the issue.

Also, the buttons on the Route Toolbar are not drawn properly if the toolbar is on the 2nd line (all 3.1 Windows versions).

So I just finally downloaded the 3.1.0.1 version (I was still on a 2.x version before). I figured trying to replicate your 3D rendering bug was a good way to play around with it. Then realized that I misunderstood your comment on versioning and that only 3.1.0.0 was having the issue. From what I have read 3.1.0.1 seemed to fix a lot of the initial weird bugs, including this one. That being said, damn I really like this new version. The software feels so much nicer and more fluid. The additional libraries and much larger 3D component library really fleshed out a lot of the everyday bugs that I was having. The 3D rendering seems much smoother in moving as well, whereas it used to be kinda jerky and stuttery.

I can't replicate your toolbar issue in 3.1.0.1. All of my toolbars are rendered fully no matter which line they are on (I even broke them all out into their own lines and moved them all around).
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »
too bad that libraries still have a lot of retarded parts, that i hope were made with a scripting tool. A lot of MCUs have absurdly large symbols (because of multi-function pins) that waste a lot of space, that could have made of a reasonable size if they were a few taller, with better spacing between pins.

then today i was using a transceiver from sillabs.. SI445, go, check it. Power pins separated, RX and TX on different sides albeit being adjacent AND to be connected altogether with the antenna matching circuit

:blah:

of course what i do is copy the library and edit the parts, but it shouldn't be that way. I'd be happy to help editing the libraries for a community effort. And separated library updates.

Also they should be splitted in more sections. Hundreds of symbols for each manufacturer, the search tool take forever.
"Microchip" should be "Microchip Analog" and "microchip digital", same for others

let's push for community libraries!

Offline BloodyCactus

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kråketær
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 01:47:30 pm »
ugh. I only ever use parts I make myself. too important to trust massive bulk random libraries made by random Q user on the internet.
-- Aussie living in the USA --

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 12:01:46 am »
So I just finally downloaded the 3.1.0.1 version

For those who did not realise, version 3.1.0.1 was released on 27th June 2017.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf