Author Topic: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power  (Read 102034 times)

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
Re: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2018, 05:13:14 pm »
they have likely spent a great deal of what they have raised on hard costs and salaries.

:palm:

Despite the posts that detail technical shortcomings, I'm taking a wait and see attitude.   

Good idea, ignore any technical stuff and just believe.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: nugglix

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2018, 05:24:49 pm »
Even more sadly, I just realized, they say 1 power station envelopes the world.  Besides, as already mentioned here the fact that others may tap into that power freely with home made hardware, what happens when you need a second power station?  From the way the website describes the technology, there is 1 power station.  How do they expect to power so many people all over the world?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2018, 05:32:03 pm »
Licensing. Look at the patents. It's all covered. You will need an energy license and when you don't pay your energy license they will put you in power prison. In power prison there are large hamster wheels erected around the transmission tower which will be used to power it until you have generated your equivalent KWh in servitude. The whole model revolves around this licensing and servitude process. The guy is a business mastermind.

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:25 pm »
Also, isn't it stupid to have a power generating plant on one side of earth, receive fuel from the other side of the planet just to send electricity back to that side of the planet?  Isn't it cheaper just to use the fuel on the other side of the planet and generate the power there?

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2018, 05:36:57 pm »
Licensing. Look at the patents. It's all covered. You will need an energy license and when you don't pay your energy license they will put you in power prison. In power prison there are large hamster wheels erected around the transmission tower which will be used to power it until you have generated your equivalent KWh in servitude. The whole model revolves around this licensing and servitude process. The guy is a business mastermind.
I'm sure the Russians and Chinese citizens or even cities, who steal his generated power will bow down to their patents and come to the US to be placed in prison for their crime.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2018, 05:39:35 pm »
Also, isn't it stupid to have a power generating plant on one side of earth, receive fuel from the other side of the planet just to send electricity back to that side of the planet?  Isn't it cheaper just to use the fuel on the other side of the planet and generate the power there?

Even better: how about if we come up with a new technology that allows you to carry the fuel with you? Then you won't have to precariously balance on the roof of your office with your phone to get power, just 4G reception.

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2018, 05:40:23 pm »
I'm also sure that if someone makes a receiver and transmitter to send the power back out of phase will never destroy the master transmitter with so many gigawatts being transmitted.

Someone should go on Texzon site and ask if the power being sent is 'Encrypted' so it cannot be blocked to interfered with just to see what the yoyo's have to say.  I bet we would have just created a new talking point and they'll have a new 'Encryption Power transmitting' patent within a week.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:43:45 pm by BrianHG »

The following users thanked this post: Wan Huang Luo

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »
Well everything you try and couple into free space needs impedance matching otherwise you generate quite a bit of a standing wave. I'm wondering if just affecting the SWR of such a transmitter would do the job. Enough to throw back 25% of power would need 250,000kw of load absorbing ability at 1GW out in the transmitter. Bear in mind we have no transmitters that an kick that out now other than for a couple of picoseconds. That's a fuck bucket of energy. All it takes is some enterprising sod with a plane full of tinfoil hats to air drop them all into the near field.

Genuinely go and look at the patents for it. They have already thought of that licensing situation hence my facetious outlook on that :)

I find the whole thing utterly interesting as it's completely retarded at so many levels even if by some galactic conicidence it did work on a small scale.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:57:35 pm by bd139 »

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2018, 05:27:19 am »
Don't worry, all of these problems will be solved with the all new Super Xenopsycotronic Blockchain IOT Master Control they call the "Think Tank". The the Think Tank will not only encrypt and protect the energy, it will direct it to exactly where you want it with no deviation.

*intruder finds door labeled Think Tank and sneaks in*
*finds a room full of Hollywood sci-fi machines and a man sitting in a chair wearing an EEG helmet. He is staring intently and pointing at a spot map while making a buzzing noise.*
*intruder startles him and the machinery goes nuts. He turns and points angrily at the intruder, saying nothing but hissing like an angry cat*
*"Are you guys trying to take over the world by making a Tesla death ray with an insane man wired to a chair or is this a prototype?"*
*Inruder is tackled by an army of armed guards and is never seen again*

;D (anyone good at comics?)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG

Offline EllisCo

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2018, 05:51:45 am »
OK.......let's assume that the people behind Viziv are delusional or on drugs. Let's assume that the science is all wet, and that the method of distribution won't work, and that despite their patents for signal receivers, everybody would just get free electric. If all that is true, why are they doing this? They haven't raised enough in total for ONE person to live comfortably in exile in Costa Rica, much less to pay for the land, pay for the tower, and keep a growing staff on salary. My point is, they haven't raised enough money for Viziv to be a worthy scam. Enron and Bernie Madoff scammed hundreds of millions. Viziv is peanuts. Why do it, only to wind up destroying your credibility and professional reputations? I don't get it. That they are not seeking additional investors (or even open to listening to proposals) is puzzling. Not much of a Ponzi scheme, in my book.

As for the "free power" aspect, what keeps everyone from getting free Sirius satellite radio service, or cellular phone service? I don't think free power is what Viziv has in mind. I think they DO plan to bypass the line transmission charges consumers now pay to Oncor here in Texas. If they can buy electricity wholesale for 3-4 cents a KW hour, and sell it (wireless distribution) for 10 cents, they would have a solid enterprise. I believe that they bought their 300 acre site to build future power generating plants next to their tower in Milford. The site is in close proximity to natural gas transmission lines.

At any rate, within a year, we should know who was right about the technology.  If it DOESN'T work, they have wasted a lot of time, effort, and money for nothing. 

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2018, 05:53:25 am »
*finds a room full of Hollywood sci-fi machines and a man sitting in a chair wearing an EEG helmet. He is staring intently and pointing at a spot map while making a buzzing noise.*
*intruder startles him and the machinery goes nuts. He turns and points angrily at the intruder, saying nothing but hissing like an angry cat*
*"Are you guys trying to take over the world by making a Tesla death ray with an insane man wired to a chair or is this a prototype?"*

Aww, that's an anti-climax...  I was fully expecting the intruder to be vaporized by a beam of wireless power, magically focused on him by the evil man with the thinking cap...   8)

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2018, 06:39:32 am »
If all that is true, why are they doing this?

The most likely explanation I can come up with is that this is a pet/hobby project for a few retired folks:
http://vizivtechnologies.com/about-us/

There is at least some intriguing science history behind it:
http://vizivtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/TEXZON_Baylor_Corum16.pdf

That paper is actually well-written (by two further retirees), and describes an interesting dispute around propagation modes for electromagnetic surface waves, which dispute ranged from 1909 into the 2000s. I won't claim to have followed the math in the paper, but it seems to follow the standard approaches taught during my physics curriculum, too long ago.

Does this mean that there is mode of long-range energy transport which can be technologically exploited? My gut feeling says that the theory is neglecting some major source of losses (absorption or scatter?) on the surface wave propagation, and/or its excitation. The historic experiment done on a lake surface seems rather idealized.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2018, 04:32:14 pm »

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2018, 04:39:14 pm »

Aww, that's an anti-climax...  I was fully expecting the intruder to be vaporized by a beam of wireless power, magically focused on him by the evil man with the thinking cap...   8)

That's why others write comics and I don't. XD
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline EllisCo

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2018, 05:49:16 pm »
A totally reasonable perspective. They may well have overlooked some major signal losses. Seems strange that they wouldn't have done some small scale tests BEFORE they bought 300 acres and built a full-scale tower. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do some experiments in somebody's garage, and have successive tests of progressive lengths? As it is now, they supposedly have 30 receivers set up around the globe to assess signal strength/losses for the current FCC licensed test. It's going to be pretty funny if they come back and say, "Sorry....there are losses we didn't account for. It won't work".

One nagging question that I keep asking is about the people involved in Viziv.....at the top are two retired Air Force generals. I have to wonder why they just happened to wind up at an "energy" company. Is there some "death ray" aspect to this, as a potential weapons system (or missile/AA defense)? Is private investment in the company just a smokescreen for a "black-ops"/off-budget expenditure by the U.S. Department Of Defense? If so, why publish papers, set up a Website, and invite scrutiny? Why partner with Baylor University? There are a lot more questions than answers, about the technology, and Viziv's ultimate objective. Hopefully, they have some grand plan that will all come together. Otherwise, we can expect them all to be carted off to the loony bin. 

Offline Johnny10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2018, 05:54:13 pm »
I would like to see them run a 3-phase 25HP motor lifting a 2000 lb. load 10 ft. just 1/2mile from the from their tower.
With comparable cost and efficiency to the local Power Company.
Shouldn't be very complicated from your described views of their abilities.

The General was managing a Health Care Plan.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:50:40 pm by Johnny10 »
Tektronix TDS7104, DMM4050, HP 3561A, HP 35665, Tek 2465A, HP8903B, DSA602A, Tek 7854, 7834, HP3457A, Tek 575, 576, 577 Curve Tracers, Datron 4000, Datron 4000A, DOS4EVER uTracer, HP5335A, EIP534B 20GHz Frequency Counter, TrueTime Rubidium, Sencore LC102, Tek TG506, TG501, SG503, HP 8568B

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, bd139

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2018, 08:05:04 pm »
I want to see their oscillator detonate spectacularly from trying to break the laws of physics. >:D :popcorn:
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG, bd139

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2018, 11:43:18 pm »
Clean, safe and reliable, wireless power will bring valuable resources to parts of the world that don’t have consistent access to necessities like potable water and life saving medical treatment.

So they will use that instead of the solar panel to power the dehumidifier.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2018, 01:41:48 pm »
I would like to see them run a 3-phase 25HP motor lifting a 2000 lb. load 10 ft. just 1/2mile from the from their tower.
With comparable cost and efficiency to the local Power Company.
Shouldn't be a very complicated from your described views of their abilities.

The General was managing a Health Care Plan.

If that happens I will insert the aforementioned 2000lb load into my anus.

As for generals, read “the men who stare at goats”.  :palm:

Offline wbeaty

• Contributor
    • Science Hobbyist
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2018, 02:59:19 am »
Seems strange that they wouldn't have done some small scale tests BEFORE they bought 300 acres and built a full-scale tower. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do some experiments in somebody's garage

The Corums have been working on this for decades, with garage-experiment papers as early as the mid 80s, but finally performed longer-range testing in 2016 at Seneca Lake (I thought you read their paper?)  Then, they published about their 2017 testing at 1.82MHz using a 1/30th-lambda tower, with progressive tests across distances 1, 2.5, 5, 8, 10, and 20 miles (short wood tower shown in their pdf physics paper, and their results plotted, perhaps you read a different paper?)

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7577497

conference paper, w/photos
http://vizivtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/TEXZON_Baylor_Corum16.pdf 

and have successive tests of progressive lengths? As it is now, they supposedly have 30 receivers set up around the globe to assess signal strength/losses for the current FCC licensed test. It's going to be pretty funny if they come back and say, "Sorry....there are losses we didn't account for. It won't work".

It worked at Seneca Lake, then worked on land as predicted up to twenty miles, using HF band.  Note that their experimental results give a graph which lays almost perfectly atop the theory graph.   But any really interesting results will come from the future VLF testing, where the propagation-path is many orders less lossy.

For example, for known, conventional-RF behavior down at 100KHz the signal is still significant after passing once around the Earth (attenuated by something like ?5dB?)  And down below 20KHz, the signal after a single pass around the Earth is known to come back at 95%, giving a cavity-Q of ~10.  And, this low loss is even the conventional accepted value ...which Tesla-believers insist is a mistake caused by instrument artifacts.   Supposedly N. Tesla found cavity-Q factors up in the hundreds/thousands.   (Heh, maybe Tesla had accidentally discovered some sort of unusual propagation mode, rather than employing Schumann ionospheric ducting.)

One nagging question that I keep asking is about the people involved in Viziv.....at the top are two retired Air Force generals. I have to wonder why they just happened to wind up at an "energy" company. Is there some "death ray" aspect to this, as a potential weapons system (or missile/AA defense)?

Good question. 

I suspect that Air Force people might approach Corum if they had access to (or at least heard about) the 1940s weapons work spawned by the Nikola Tesla papers.  In one of the old Tesla biographies the author found that one AFB had a complete set of the Tesla docs in their classified library, and that they'd built and tested Tesla's infamous metal-particles "death ray."  (Didn't say whether they got it working!)  If the same papers contained all the info about building these transmitters, then Texzon may be an unofficial "tech transfer" effort, to get some old disused military tech out into public use.   In the case of Dr. Corum, there would be no need to expose classified docs, since Corum had already analyzed Tesla's devices back in the late 1980s, from first principles using Maxwell eqns.   No need for illegal military leaks.

Why partner with Baylor University?

Because Corum is basically the world's foremost Tesla expert in academia.  (I mean in phys/eng, not counting historians with no tech training.)  And Corum is currently at Baylor.

There are a lot more questions than answers, about the technology, and Viziv's ultimate objective. Hopefully, they have some grand plan that will all come together. Otherwise, we can expect them all to be carted off to the loony bin.

Probably their plan is the same as it has been for forty years:  Look at Tesla's broadcast-power claims using actual physics, find that they're real after all, so get a bit of funding and mount some kilometer-scale experiments to vindicate Tesla empirical numbers.  Then if it still works in practice as the physics shows in theory, patent and make moolah.

The real question is, why didn't anyone do this a hundred years ago?   Simple: to do that, physicists would have had to take Tesla seriously, and take a level-headed look into the math behind the devices.  Without sneering first.   Even today, most would rather die.  (Just look at the kinds of responses here.  Any contact with N. Tesla will ruin your reputation as a scientist.)    The very first one to actually do this was James Corum in 1986.  Note that he's an engineering prof, not a physicist.  And then, he couldn't get his papers into any journal.  (They're in conference proceedings, which as everyone knows, don't count!  :) )
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:25:03 pm by wbeaty »
(((((((((( ( (  (o)  ) ) ))))))))))
Engineer at U of W
http://amasci.com/me.html
Seattle, WA

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2018, 12:51:47 pm »
Just to play along. :)

When the tower is transmitting its MegaWatts in all directions, can it even detect if there's someone hundreds of miles away trying to light a 20W bulb.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2018, 05:16:05 pm »
Just to play along. :)

When the tower is transmitting its MegaWatts in all directions, can it even detect if there's someone hundreds of miles away trying to light a 20W bulb.

The man in the Think Tank is psychic, he knows all with his ESP. ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2018, 05:45:07 pm »
Also, would it be prone to a man-in-the-middle attack?
 :-DD

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2018, 09:15:17 pm »
If they decided to encrypt the Electro Magical Waves with blockchain, that might prevent people using pots and pans to steal the leccy, but perhaps more importantly get them about another 2 years of funding.

Will the Eiffel and Blackpool towers have to be demolished because they're creating a short circuit.
 :horse:

Offline wbeaty

• Contributor
    • Science Hobbyist
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2018, 12:09:01 am »
Also, would it be prone to a man-in-the-middle attack?
 :-DD

Well, they could just use Nikola Tesla's original plan.

Those whose habit is to actually pick up a book may already know that this "transmitting power for free" was garbage, at least in part. Tesla planned on using his covert broadcasting technique to prevent power-theft.  He talked about it all the time, calling it "Method of Individuation."   Later in his famous 1916 legal deposition he gave details of an odd RF technique which was probably his secret trick:  multiple resonators, similar to what we'd today call molecular IR spectra, or line-splitting resonance of coupled oscillators.  Really cool stuff, from a physics/math perspective.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's some old PhD dissertation about it somewhere.   It's a distant relation to FM, but occurring naturally (not needing an active modulator.)  It involves normal radio but using several tuning knobs.  It's also a distant relation to broadband FHSS or "wifi."

So yes, Tesla was planning on broadcasting "encrypted" power, but the word wasn't invented yet, so he called it "Wave-complex."  During his Wardenclyffe era hs was trying to sell it to the military as uncrackable secure comms.    He also called it "Static Eliminator," and had photos of these weird hollow disk devices full of circuitry.

In one interview Tesla mused about getting a phone order from an Australian factory for a certain energy quantity.  The customer is billed, the receiver-codes are given, and then they couple-in to the nearfield standing wave to run their machinery.  In that 1916 legal deposition Tesla said that a 2-knob receiver was just barely crack-able, but a 4-knob was not, and that he'd experimented with as many as 20-knob receivers, which would be the same as a combination lock with a 20-digit code.

PS I've never encountered any of this stuff online anywhere.  In other words, you's gonna hafta READ A BOOK.   (The Tick reference)

EDIT:  Oo oo, they've managed to sell it to Bahrain, while mentioning frequency hopping encryption
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:16:55 pm by wbeaty »
(((((((((( ( (  (o)  ) ) ))))))))))
Engineer at U of W
http://amasci.com/me.html
Seattle, WA

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf