Author Topic: Do you believe at this bullshit ???  (Read 6228 times)

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Do you believe at this bullshit ???
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 06:42:57 pm »
Do you even know what Newton wrote?  Did you ever use the Calculus?   Do you know how his principles still work in certain frameworks?

He did great job, but his math cannot cover all things in the universe.
It just works good for certain limited conditions. Isn't it?

No it doesn't.  The math developed since his time explains much more.   INCLUDING RADIO FREQUENCIES.   However, I don't think you know what his math explains or what more recent math explains.   So tell us what is the "thing in the universe" (especially radio frequencies and electronics) which you "think" is not explained.  So far, what  you speculate is not explained, is explained, you just never read the subject.

Is there now an accepted grand unified field theory? If so please provide citations as I'd be very interested to read about it.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 07:26:48 pm »
Is there now an accepted grand unified field theory? If so please provide citations as I'd be very interested to read about it.

Also interesting about it, but I'm afraid that GeoffreyF will not provide us with such information.
I asked him about bosons, but he didn't answer anything, so it seems that he just didn't realize what we're talking about.
Probably he just means that some simple RF calc stuff, such as LC or notch filter is a knowledge what electromagnetic field is :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:34:32 pm by radiolistener »

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 07:52:40 pm »
not sure if its relevant to this thread unless you know what consciousness is though.

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »

Also interesting about it, but I'm afraid that GeoffreyF will not provide us with such information.
I asked him about bosons, but he didn't answer anything, so it seems that he just didn't realize what we're talking about.
Probably he just means that some simple RF calc stuff, such as LC or notch filter is a knowledge what electromagnetic field is :)

The information is in Physics books.  There is no evidence at all that you read anything and so why should I write "Information" you are too lazy to read?    What you stated I "Just means" - nope, wrong again.   What an electromagnetic field is, is known to me and it is in books you didn't read yet. AGAIN you confuse idle speculation with actual thoughts based on observed facts. Your ignorance is your responsibility, not mine.  Your bullshit needs to be called out.

When people design antennas or explain signal propagation issues, there are excellent books which you repeatedly demonstrate you didn't read.

This is an engineering blog - not a blog for sophomoric, idle speculations by persons too lazy to find out what is known.  Read some good books on Electromagnetism  IN A LIBRARY.  That is where the information is.  Your silly crap has no context at all in anything.
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 10:02:28 pm »
People who followed Newton, then made NEW OBSERVATIONS [...]
So your excuses for bullshitting are just that.  Excuses for actually not learning [...]
Why do you think I would care about lazy persons who are not impressed. [...]
Do you even know what Newton wrote?  Did you ever use the Calculus? [...]
So you think I'm a lazy, uneducated bullshitter. Well, still not impressed, so many people say such things nowadays it's getting boring :-//

You seem to believe that just because some people put some effort into their theories and extrapolations, everybody who puts less somehow owes it to them to take them seriously. It just isn't so. Because they can be wrong, as demonstrated by countless people who were wrong despite believing otherwise, and because others are totally within their right to simply not give a damn about you and your science in the first place.

I for one praise all those unsung heroes who didn't give a fuck about Newton so much that - unlike his modern counterparts - he couldn't even dream about revolutionizing the world or forcibly employing whole nations' efforts for some utopian goals or putting whole nations' health at possible risk for the sake of development.

The controversy around RF isn't really about science and health (people notoriously don't give a damn and ruin their health for shitty reasons) but of course about politics, as usual. Lots of people are getting tired of being told by arrogant smartasses what's supposed to be better for them. The 5G drama or whatever started this thread is but one of many symptoms.

And, frankly, I agree with tinfoil hatters in that I don't want all that RF going into my home. I have no use for this shit. I don't like them employing governments to stop me from using majority of the spectrum myself. I don't like them locking up my WiFi routers. I don't like telcos trying to creep into the 5GHz ISM band as if they didn't have enough bands of their own. I think a century ago we allowed radio broadcasters to do those things because everybody could listen and we were supposed to benefit from it. But today they demand I pay for receiving signals they themselves spam me with without my permission? Give me a break. And a tinfoil hat please, here I come :)

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 10:19:15 pm »

The information is in Physics books.  There is no evidence at all that you read anything and so why should I write "Information" you are too lazy to read?    What you stated I "Just means" - nope, wrong again.   What an electromagnetic field is, is known to me and it is in books you didn't read yet. AGAIN you confuse idle speculation with actual thoughts based on observed facts. Your ignorance is your responsibility, not mine.  Your bullshit needs to be called out.

When people design antennas or explain signal propagation issues, there are excellent books which you repeatedly demonstrate you didn't read.

This is an engineering blog - not a blog for sophomoric, idle speculations by persons too lazy to find out what is known.  Read some good books on Electromagnetism  IN A LIBRARY.  That is where the information is.  Your silly crap has no context at all in anything.

Rather than slandering us, why don't you provide citations from the field that you claim to know so much about? Link us the good books that you recommend in your expert opinion...

...if you can't do that I rather think you are engaging in projection or are just a troll.

I happen to have studied the some of the mathematics that underpins modern physics as part of my mathematics degree and everyone I've worked in the field with is more than eager to help you further your understanding. They don't act like providing some guidance is beneath them, like this individual who appears to live in an ivory tower and thinks it's his job to be a gatekeeper.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 10:34:49 pm »
What an electromagnetic field is, is known to me and it is in books you didn't read yet.

Dude, for what reason you're writing that?   ???
If you have a thought about electromagnetic field, then just write it here.
If you want to recommend some book about antenna, then just write it's name here.
And please stop insulting.

For example, I can recommend this book about antenna design:
Constantine A. Balanis "ANTENNA THEORY ANALYSIS AND DESIGN"
https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Theory-third-Text-Only/dp/B004QRT12Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?keywords=Balanis+Antenna+theory+design&qid=1551219206&s=books&sr=1-2-fkmr1

what is your recommendation?

If possible please stop insulting and just explain what is your vision about electromagnetic field?
If you're think that someone wrong, then explain what is wrong exactly and why.

There is no need for insulting, just write what do you think about this and explain why.
That's pretty easy.  :)

thanks for understanding
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:37:04 pm by radiolistener »

The following users thanked this post: ogden, 0culus

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 10:40:59 pm »
Here's some stuff from the math perspective:

Anyone who needs a brush up on vector calculus could check out this book, recommended to me by a mathematician friend: https://www.amazon.com/Div-Grad-Curl-All-That/dp/0393925161

Once you feel confident with that, give the lecture notes from this undergrad (!) course at Oxford a try: https://courses.maths.ox.ac.uk/node/36493/materials

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 10:41:54 pm »
You guys know how to use Google don't you? Many studies on these effects were done around the time when cell phones exploded in popularity.

If you want to start down the path of understanding fundamental physics, then pick up any Physics 101 text book and work your way up from there. Then read what the great thinkers have published. Feynman's QED etc.

If you have a thought about electromagnetic field, then just write it here.
You cannot learn physics from a forum.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:43:32 pm by timelessbeing »

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 10:47:11 pm »
Not only can you not learn physics from a forum and can learn it from a book but if you run around making ridiculous speculations which have nothing to do even with the work to develop a unified theory - Don't expect respect or people to try and cut through bullshit to help you learn.  Why not? If these people genuinely were interested in this subject - they would have sought, not only in google, but in libraries the literature on the subject. They never did and now they whine that nobody where wants to help?  That's really lame.
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2019, 10:53:38 pm »
Not only can you not learn physics from a forum and can learn it from a book but if you run around making ridiculous speculations which have nothing to do even with the work to develop a unified theory - Don't expect respect or people to try and cut through bullshit to help you learn.  Why not? If these people genuinely were interested in this subject - they would have sought, not only in google, but in libraries the literature on the subject. They never did and now they whine that nobody where wants to help?  That's really lame.

You insult people and yet are aghast to learn that people are calling you out to put your money where your mouth is? People like you are the problem. I feel bad for the people who have to deal with you in your local amateur radio circles.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2019, 11:04:38 pm »
If you want to start down the path of understanding fundamental physics, then pick up any Physics 101 text book and work your way up from there. Then read what the great thinkers have published. Feynman's QED etc.
yeah, I also can recommend Richard Feynman - The Feynman Lectures on Physics,
very interesting book

You cannot learn physics from a forum.

I don't learn physics on forum. I just told that no one knows what electromagnetic field is.
GeoffreyF said that he knows all about that. And start insulting.
But he didn't explain what he knows, and didn't answer on questions, so I even don't know what he talked about.

I asked GeoffreyF to explain what he knows about electromagnetic field not to learn, but to show him his mistake and to show why he don't know all about it. I can do it with links to official literature, include Feynman books for example. In order to do that, I need to know what he thinks about it exactly and what is his level. Unfortunately he didn't want to talk about it and persistently translates the conversation into insults  :-//
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:02:17 am by radiolistener »

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 12:44:41 am »
But he didn't explain what he knows
You cannot condense years of school and study into a forum post. That's absurd.

People know enough about electromagnetism to understand that the subject of this topic is bullshit. If you are unable to ascertain that for yourself, then you are simply not yet at the level to have this discussion, and nothing we tell you here will change that.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 01:02:13 am »
People know enough about electromagnetism to understand that the subject of this topic is bullshit. If you are unable to ascertain that for yourself, then you are simply not yet at the level to have this discussion, and nothing we tell you here will change that.

Dude, I said that the subject of this topic is bullshit in the second message of this topic. And never changed my mind.  I said that here much more earlier than someone other.
Did you read this message carefully https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/do-you-believe-at-this-bullshit/msg2215329/#msg2215329 ?

Or you're just a second troll?  :-//

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 01:11:47 am »
But he didn't explain what he knows
You cannot condense years of school and study into a forum post. That's absurd.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the product linked in the OP is garbage, and is completely not grounded in reality. In fact, I think radiolistener makes that pretty clear in the first reply.

I take exception to this ivory tower attitude you and Mr. Geoffrey are taking. For all the time you've spent insulting our intelligence you could instead have thoughtfully provided some recommended sources of correct information that will do some small part to reduce collective ignorance. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. This is a public forum, it is not an academic journal, and not everyone here is a rockstar academic like you are (apparently).

Gatekeeper attitudes like the aforementioned are only going to drive people away. Either that or you're just trolling.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 01:21:58 am »
Nobody is gatekeeping. As Geoffrey said, if you really wanted more information, you would have found it by now.

I said that the subject of this topic is bullshit in the second message of this topic
Great. End of discussion.

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 01:40:21 am »

I take exception to this ivory tower attitude you and Mr. Geoffrey are taking. For all the time you've spent insulting our intelligence you could instead have thoughtfully provided some recommended sources of correct information that will do some small part to reduce collective ignorance. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. This is a public forum, it is not an academic journal, and not everyone here is a rockstar academic like you are (apparently).

Ivory Tower?  How so?   Reading books on electrical engineering and the underlying physics is not Ivory Tower.  Bullshit speculations from complete illiteracy on the subject is what?  THIS IS THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING VIDEO BLOG.   At either the professional or the hobby practice level, but not the silly crap. I am hardly "Ivory Tower" - no equations, no references to that.  Just a simple request - NO BULLSHIT.
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 04:14:37 am »
Bullshit speculations from complete illiteracy on the subject is what?  THIS IS THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING VIDEO BLOG.   At either the professional or the hobby practice level, but not the silly crap.

I just read your comments on the forum and they are all almost the same - "bullshit", "bullshit", "bullshit". :bullshit:

I seem to be beginning to understand why my message (that "Shuman Resonator" will not work) pissed you off.
Are you PR agent of these "Shuman Resonator"?   ;)
Now I realize why you tried to shout that you know what electromagnetic field is, with no evidence at all :-DD  :-DD :-DD

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 05:24:01 am »

Ivory Tower?  How so?   Reading books on electrical engineering and the underlying physics is not Ivory Tower.  Bullshit speculations from complete illiteracy on the subject is what?  THIS IS THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING VIDEO BLOG.   At either the professional or the hobby practice level, but not the silly crap. I am hardly "Ivory Tower" - no equations, no references to that.  Just a simple request - NO BULLSHIT.

Meh. On my back of the napkin estimation from reading your posting history, at least half of your posts on this forum consist of bitching someone out for not knowing as much as you. I'll bet you're a real hit at parties.  :palm:

Last time I checked neither one of you two jokers run this site, so perhaps go start your own site if you want to be the arbiter of the kind of people you allow.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 05:39:29 am »
it is not an academic journal, and not everyone here is a rockstar academic like you are (apparently).

he is not academic, he is coder, with a small business to sell these "Schumann Resonators"   :-DD

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 06:52:20 am »
OK this has gone on long enough. The actual so called product is bullshit, we know that and it has no place here where we discuss actual engineering.

The following users thanked this post: timelessbeing

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf