Author Topic: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)  (Read 39127 times)

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
Re: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:09 am »
I can't help thinking that the bees wax in those fuses is far too yellow/orange looking.   In fact it looks more like ear wax.

For the ultimate compatibility with your biological audio system.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2018, 06:01:59 am »
Wait, the Cable Cooker says it can do capacitors. So I can take my really old crusty and dead tube type paper and electrolytic capacitors and reform them? What do want the bet that the Cable Cooker would be cooked? >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2018, 06:53:13 am »

A 15-day free trial? Hmmm. Let's see what happens when the fuse has to, you know, do its primary job, which is to open in the event of a mains short ...

I didn't dig too deep because I could feel my brain overloading with all the bullshit but what I didn't see were any claims that the fuses complied with the relevant safety standards...

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2018, 07:54:17 am »
I bet they smell nice when they rupture though  :-DD

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2018, 10:17:25 am »
I bet they smell nice when they rupture though  :-DD

I wonder if there's a market for homeopathic fuses, ylanylang for relaxing music, oil of evening primrose tincture for fans of music over 60 years old, Patchouli oil for music from the 60s and 70s...

(can't think of ylangylang without Billy Connolly, Let me through, I'm an aromatherapist popping into my head)

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2018, 05:37:28 pm »
I can't help thinking that the bees wax in those fuses is far too yellow/orange looking.   In fact it looks more like ear wax.

They should dig the wax out of their ears first.

Offline Wan Huang LuoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • 顽谎骆 from the Shenzhen Market
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2018, 05:45:07 pm »

They should dig the wax out of their ears first.
Million dollar audiophool idea not explored yet: High-end cotton swabs pre-moistened with nanotechnology biotech solvent. $150 for a sachet of three. Of course, they will certify that the cotton was harvested by discerning biologists and spun using a "relaxed" Susan. Trial offer for Audiogoon members, only $125 for the first fifteen orders.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:46:57 pm by Wan Huang Luo »

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2018, 06:39:41 pm »
Million dollar audiophool idea not explored yet: High-end cotton swabs pre-moistened with nanotechnology biotech solvent. $150 for a sachet of three. Of course, they will certify that the cotton was harvested by discerning biologists and spun using a "relaxed" Susan. Trial offer for Audiogoon members, only $125 for the first fifteen orders.

It's a fantastic idea but I think it'd be far more fun to sell them pre-impregnated cotton buds, they could choose to condition their ears with the ear wax of famous and highly 'respected' audiofools so they experience the same acoustic delights as their 'heroes'

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, mnementh, Wan Huang Luo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:27 pm »

It's a fantastic idea but I think it'd be far more fun to sell them pre-impregnated cotton buds, they could choose to condition their ears with the ear wax of famous and highly 'respected' audiofools so they experience the same acoustic delights as their 'heroes'
One swab to clean them all,
One swab to condition them,
One swab to wax them all,
And in the darkness bind them

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »

Waxative free swabs and cotton buds with nanotechnology biotech solvents, Proprietary formula.
All cryogenically frozen.
Comes in special casings made of special precious laboratory metals.
See our demo featuring relaxed Susan.
Trial offer for Audiogoon members, only $125 for the first fifteen orders.

Any ideas for a cooker to go with it?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:23:29 pm by MrMobodies »

The following users thanked this post: Wan Huang Luo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2018, 09:30:42 pm »

Waxative free swabs and cotton buds with nanotechnology biotech solvents, Proprietary formula.
All cryogenically frozen.
Comes in special casings made of special precious laboratory metals.
See our demo featuring relaxed Susan.
Trial offer for Audiogoon members, only $125 for the first fifteen orders.

Any ideas for a cooker to go with it?
The swab shafts are carefully arranged and precisely spaced on either side of a hollow inner core in order to provide a perfect mechanical interface along the length of the swab. The meticulous layout of the gold-pressed cotton buds minimizes skin effect and reduces damping, while the meticulously formulated solvents reduce internal microphony. These swabs can be 'pre-charged' before use by moving them back and forth inside our ferrite ring, included with our compliments with your first purchase.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2018, 01:08:22 pm »
Do it! Hopefully, they'll all stab their eardrums out with them and we won't have to worry about them anymore. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »
Do it! Hopefully, they'll all stab their eardrums out with them and we won't have to worry about them anymore. >:D

I think one already went deaf.

I re-quote from Audiogoon:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/cannot-find-perfect-sound/post?postid=1643618

Cannot find perfect sound
Nutkenjit
09-21-2018 10:47pm

I've been listening to supposedly some of the finest speakers that currently exist. These include b&w 800 Series, revel high end, vivid audio, Psi audio and kef blades.
They must have excellent hearing and I wonder if they would submit themselves to hearing tests to confirm how good their hearing is to notice the difference.

Nutjim204
09-21-2018 10:55pm
I think one because they are probably a centimetre from your ear drum and two they are blasting may100 db as well and maybe they have damaged your eardrums so much that you now can't differentiate good from bad. Them earbuds'll do it every time.

Somewhere up the thread and their hearing is going to or on Dire Straits:

Nutpcc677
11-03-2018 1:48pm
Elizabeth,  I totally agree. I have noticed many recordings are crap. So I set up playlist of music that sounds the best to me. Dire straits,  Diana krall and quite a few others.

So it is the recordings that are crap and not your ears?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 04:01:08 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2018, 04:59:22 pm »
Actually had a look at that forum. Comedy gold in there. You could troll them so easily.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2018, 05:15:46 pm »
Actually had a look at that forum. Comedy gold in there. You could troll them so easily.

I did post something on Audiogoon but got no response:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/has-anybody-tried-the-sony-high-quarity-sound-microsdxc-memory-card

Has anybody tried the Sony High Quarity Sound microSDXC memory card?
mrgoon
11-05-2018 11:57am

I see them going on Ebay and Amazon and want to know if anyone here has brought one and tried it.

I am looking to make my sound sound better with my MP3 players and car audio.

So please let me know your thoughts.

It was to do with the EEVblog #719 - Sony Low Noise Audiophile SDXC Memory Card.

Surprised not to see them talking about it and I'd though they would go crazy over mentioning it but it was a disappointment.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:23:13 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »
Ahhahhahaha give it a few hours. They are probably polishing their cables with beeswax :D

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2018, 10:40:45 pm »
Ahhahhahaha give it a few hours. They are probably polishing their cables with beeswax :D

After I read that I suffered from a fit of laughter and nearly choked on it.

I know my Audiogoon thread is some weeks old and still no reply but that comment is one of best comments ever.
Wouldn't surprise me if they are still polishing their cables with Beeswax.

I know a good marketing brand name you can use to make and sell things to the Audiogoons and it is called Phools Gold.
But no gold in it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:47:57 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »
Awww, come on... you should at least pony up for a few microns of gold plating...  >:D

mnem
"Waxing my cables*  :P
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2018, 08:48:22 pm »
Have to mention this year's RSGB April fools. Having a bit of a stab at the idea here as well I think. They added this to their store and advertised it in Radcom:

Brown with glitter. No coincidence I suspect!  :-DD

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2018, 09:19:47 pm »
Comes precooked for those who don't own an oven.

You can offer them in casings made out of marbles as they could do with a few.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:24:55 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2018, 02:59:53 am »
Have to mention this year's RSGB April fools. Having a bit of a stab at the idea here as well I think. They added this to their store and advertised it in Radcom:

Brown with glitter. No coincidence I suspect!  :-DD

That's copperslip, sadly it's probably not  OFC, nor will it have been treated cryogenically so unless you store the pot on acutely aligned obsidian pyramids it will make your SWARRRR worse, not better and may lead to phasic misalignment on LSB.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:02:00 am by CJay »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2018, 03:10:06 am »
That's copperslip, sadly it's probably not  OFC, nor will it have been treated cryogenically so unless you store the pot on acutely aligned obsidian pyramids it will make your SWARRRR worse, not better and may lead to phasic misalignment on LSB.

True, but the effect can be offset by implantation of de-nuetralized silver and then coated with phosphoric-implanted and clean-room prepared platinum. This procedure should be performed in a Zero-gravity area for best results, although it may yield an increase in performance without this step.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2018, 07:42:17 am »
I made these 10awg speaker wires the other day, may have $13 in parts total per cable pair in them.  I bet if I spent more money they would sound better  |O

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2018, 08:11:11 am »
Now fire up the marketing brain and sell them for $10k a aet  :-DD

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2018, 08:20:02 am »
Now fire up the marketing brain and sell them for $10k a aet  :-DD

I've seriously considered it, but I have a conscience.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf