Author Topic: Snake oil  (Read 779226 times)

Offline AntiProtonBoyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
Re: The snake oil thread...
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2012, 02:12:20 pm »

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2012, 04:17:10 pm »
anti snoring ring lulz
eecs guy

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2012, 09:42:39 pm »
daveland sorts a electronic immigrant
eecs guy

Offline maiakaat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:05 pm »
I guess there is a lot of energy tapped up in matter so as to give the impression that energy is free, but allowing energy without violating the laws of thermodynamics, but this energy isn't going to be electromagnetic energy, and is not going to be accessible with some simple electronics

Offline IvoS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2012, 04:10:27 pm »

Offline IvoS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »
Another one:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue61/dynamicdesign_nebula.htm  ;D

Retail: $5800 (Six Feet), Only!    ;D

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »
Who wants to go into the audiophile business with me?

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »
Who wants to go into the audiophile business with me?
i will help you spend the billions :) need some nice toys. hmm a nice 5 axis cnc machine at home

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »
Those people are really difficult to abide. I know, because I once wrote for The Absolute Sound. It really is like religion - you're doomed if you don't truly believe what you're selling. Not because other will see though it so much as just because it becomes really tedious putting up with all the "ideas" floating about that community.

Offline meanpc

• Contributor
    • MeanPC
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2012, 12:15:58 pm »
You might get a chuckle from the FAQ for this product:  http://ezfuelsaver.com

WHAT IS EZ Fuel Saver?

EZ Fuel Saver is a revolutionary device that was developed a few years ago in Japan, and has since sold over a million units worldwide. It has been tested and proven to increase your vehicles MPG by up to 30%. Of course results will vary based on driving/ road conditions, driver behavior, climate, and type of vehicle.

? DOES EZ Fuel Saver WORK IN ALL VEHICLES?

Yes, in about 99% of all vehicles, as long as your vehicle has a 12 volt cigarette lighter socket to plug the EZ Fuel Saver into then it will work. It works in both gas and diesel engine vehicles.

? HOW DOES EZ Fuel Saver HELP MY CAR?

EZ Fuel Saver will increase your average MPG up to 30%. It will help improve horsepower, give your cleaner emissions, prolong the life of your vehicle’s battery, and help power your vehicles electrical system.

? HOW DO I INSTALL EZ Fuel Saver?

Just plug the terminal end of the EZ Fuel Saver into your car cigarette lighter socket and it will start working immediately. Anyone can install it in only a few seconds.

? HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?

Under normal conditions the EZ Fuel Saver will last between 3 and 5 years depending on how many miles you drive per year.

? WHEN DOES IT START WORKING?

EZ Fuel Saver starts working as soon as you plug it into your vehicles cigarette lighter socket.

? WHEN IT STOPS WORKING WILL IT DAMAGE MY VEHICLE?

No, the EZ Fuel Saver won’t damage your car.

? SHOULD I REMOVE IT FROM MY CAR AT NIGHT?

No, you can leave it installed 24/7, and since it only uses a small LED light it won’t drain your vehicles battery anymore than the clock on your radio. But if you aren’t going to drive your vehicle for at least one week, we recommend removing the EZ Fuel Saver.

? IF I STOP USING IT FOR AWHILE AND THEN REUSE IT, CAN I DAMAGE MY CAR?

No, the EZ Fuel Saver won’t damage your car.

? CAN I ATTACH EZ Fuel Saver TO CIGARETTE EXTENSIONS?

Yes.

? CAN I INSTALL MORE THAN ONE EZ Fuel Saver IN MY CAR?

Yes, but it won’t dramatically increase the effectiveness and the results may only increase slightly.

? TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, HOW DOES EZ Fuel Saver FUNCTION?

The EZ Fuel Saver is somewhat like a battery, it capacitors act like tiny storage batteries that charge and discharge rapidly. Made of two plates separated by a thin insulator or sometimes air, when one plate is charged negative and the other positive, a charge builds up and remains after the current is removed. When power is required, the circuit is switched to conduct current between the plates, and the charge is released, thus causing your vehicles electrical system to not work as hard which helps improve fuel economy, and helps make your vehicle last longer.

? WILL EZ Fuel Saver SHORTEN MY BATTERY?

EZ Fuel Saver is like a secondary battery in your car, so it will reduce your current battery load and make your battery life last longer.

? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EZ Fuel Saver AND SIMILIAR PRODUCTS?

EZ Fuel Saver is unique with its 3 in 1 system and it only uses high grade electronic components and that means its more heat & vibration resistant compared to other devices. Plus EZ Fuel Saver can withstand all kinds of weather and humid conditions to protect the circuit inside. And it is the first product on the market that was designed for in-car cigarette-lighter socket plug in use. Unlike other products that need to be installed inside the vehicles engine compartment by professional mechanics.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »
bullshit

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2012, 02:28:58 pm »
I would love Dave to do a tear down, but my guess is there is only an led and resistor inside.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:18 am »
It's shaped like an anal toy, which can be conveniently rectally inserted into those who sell them.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »
i wouldnt be suprised if it was a reused sex toy casing :)

Offline M0BSW

• Frequent Contributor
  • Left this site 2013, they will not delete it ????
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »
Seeing that there are lot of snake oil like topics popping up everywhere on this forum, might as well start a dedicated thread on them for a good laugh.

... yet another video about pissing all over the laws of thermodynamics.

that guy has the most boring voice ever. some of his "unique" designs reminded me of the barbeque that Bubbles made in Trailer Park Boys... 20 seconds in

Are these people for real!!!!!!
no one would or will tell me how to delete this account

Offline M0BSW

• Frequent Contributor
  • Left this site 2013, they will not delete it ????
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2012, 03:04:59 pm »
And more to the point should they be locked up in a home for the bewildered.
no one would or will tell me how to delete this account

Offline ThievingSix

• Contributor
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:03 am »
There comes a time when one must ask, How do these people get investors for this shit?

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
man that fuel saver bulb conmen are getting lazy who'd believe that shit
eecs guy

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2012, 07:38:42 am »
Con men who give the address of the manufacturing plant should be aware of Google earth street view. The ecat is made and marketed by the Leonardo corp. of 1331 Lincoln Rd. Miami. I just looked on Google earth and street view the address is an  residential apartment block. But they have an impressive web site.

Offline RCMR

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:53 pm »
Con men who give the address of the manufacturing plant should be aware of Google earth street view. The ecat is made and marketed by the Leonardo corp. of 1331 Lincoln Rd. Miami. I just looked on Google earth and street view the address is an  residential apartment block. But they have an impressive web site.
But hey, that apartment block is simply a ruse to throw off the evil hitmen from the oil companies who are almost certain to try and kill the inventor and developer of this stuff -- as they did with Stan Meyer.

:o :o

Offline voidptr

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2012, 10:04:57 am »

Beware ic prices are rising up !

here the new price for a special 74HCTLS74 ...   this is a really special Hex Inverter Schmitt Trigger !

Only $25 !
Lucky USA people got free delivery, but here in Canada we got $110 UPS delivery fee...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GENERIC-IC74HCTLS74AN-FNFP-IC74HCTLS74AN-/230829508490?pt=BI_Control_Systems_PLCs&hash=item35be82c78a

We of course can get those for like $0.22 somewhere else :-)

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2012, 10:06:15 am »
eecs guy

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2012, 12:12:22 pm »
Quote from: voidptr
here the new price for a special 74HCTLS74 ...   this is a really special Hex Inverter Schmitt Trigger !  Only $25 !
Lucky USA people got free delivery, but here in Canada we got $110 UPS delivery fee ...
Actually, I've tried to deal with these people on a few occasions. I found their prices to be ~2X-3X FAIR market value,
but they have massive stock and many rares. Offers are mostly declined, emails often ignored. Shipping is definitely a joke.
I would suggest, from similar experience, that that "item" was for a few? 100 pieces. The listings often have errors.
I don't bother with them any more.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline voidptr

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2012, 12:24:12 am »
Quote from: voidptr
here the new price for a special 74HCTLS74 ...   this is a really special Hex Inverter Schmitt Trigger !  Only $25 !
Lucky USA people got free delivery, but here in Canada we got $110 UPS delivery fee ...
Actually, I've tried to deal with these people on a few occasions. I found their prices to be ~2X-3X FAIR market value,
but they have massive stock and many rares. Offers are mostly declined, emails often ignored. Shipping is definitely a joke.
I would suggest, from similar experience, that that "item" was for a few? 100 pieces. The listings often have errors.
I don't bother with them any more.

Nope  from the answer i got from them, it is for 1 ic !

btw i made a mistake an '74 is  D  Edge-Triegered FLIP-FLOPS,  i was searching on ebay for hct ics and bought Schmitt Trigger Inverter so it stuck in my head :o(

Monday morning I'm starting  a new business I,m gonna also sell DIP ics  for fun price like that too !

Offline xygor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:00 am »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf