Author Topic: EAGLE crashes when trying to edit device  (Read 3856 times)

Offline markus-kTopic starter

• Supporter
EAGLE crashes when trying to edit device
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:29:06 am »
Hey everybody,

I'm new to the EEVblog forums, hello  :)

I created a new library in EAGLE (version 8.0) yesterday with two devices in it, but for some reason, EAGLE started to crash every time I try to edit the devices.. Editing the symbols and using them works, but editing devices doesn't. You grab a copy here (.lbr upload not allowed it seems): https://proper.backfire.racing/share/custom.lbr. Can someone try if it crashes their EAGLE too? I tried EAGLE 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 on Mac. Are there any known workarounds?

If it crashed for everybody I have to see if I can get a bug report submitted to that monster of Autodesk I guess  ::)

Thank you

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: EAGLE crashes when trying to edit device
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:01:26 am »
Seems to work fine here with V7.70 on Linux.

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:19:08 am »
Hm, seems to work with an old EAGLE 7 I found too.

I just found the Autodesk Forums for EAGLE, but once I log in it just redirects me to an error page in an infinite loop. Oh well Autodesk, can you please not break all the things...

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:30:29 am »
Oh well Autodesk, can you please not break all the things...

Don't hold your breath...

Offline jgarc063

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 05:51:22 pm »
Hi markus-k,

The library editor problem has already been reported and we are working to get a speedy fix out. It doesn't affect all Mac users, so it's been a bear to reproduce. In the future, it's probably better to report issues to the Autodesk EAGLE forum. Make sure that you have an Autodesk account in order to be able to post there.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jorge Garcia

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »
Thank you Jeorge, already posted it on the Autodesk forums. Didn't realize they have a support forum for EAGLE at first, then it didn't want me in, but got it now. Good to know they are working on a fix.  :-+

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 07:33:30 pm »
In the future, it's probably better to report issues to the Autodesk EAGLE forum. Make sure that you have an Autodesk account in order to be able to post there.

Hey Jorge,

TBH, It might be better to get the devs to look on here :P In the few weeks I've been on the Autodesk forum it's been down twice.... :palm: Been lurking on EEVBlog forum for years and joined a few weeks ago and I've never seen it down :-+ Plus this forum is by far the largest EE forum anywhere so the amount of people and knowledge concentrated in one place makes this a far more useful place.

Next.... Please ask the devs to stop implementing features for a bit and work on fixing the stability and all the things that broke in v8. IMHO v8 was released before it was stable enough to do so and when combined with the contentious licensing change it makes it all that much harder for people to accept. Please take a step back and fix the foundations so we can move forward with something reliable.

Best Regards,

Rachael

I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

Offline richardlawson1489

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:46:38 am »
It works fine for me.

Offline technotronix

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 01:03:33 pm »
I am facing the same issue in Eagle 8.0
Problem still not fixed.

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
Yep, the issue persists in 8.0.2. Seems to be a tricky one to reproduce according to Autodesk staff on the Autodesk forums.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf