Author Topic: Eagle Library for LT8710 and the FDMS86500L...does anyone have an idea???  (Read 3968 times)

Offline SK_Caterpilar_SKTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
So im designing a sealed lead acid battery charger.. The schematic im gona use is one of the datasheet demo circuit. there are few problems with the components and that is that i cant find anywhere the LT8710 itself and neither any of the TSSOP 20 packages i have available fit the chip well... Also the mosfet (Fairchild FDMS86500L) has a package that i cant find anywhere on the internet as a lib... if there is anything with the same package...doesnt matter what it is just the pads to fit i can modify it.. If there is nothing i already prepared a replacement for it in a TO252 version..

IF anyone has seen the packages or components i need a .lib for please let me know.

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Eagle Library for LT8710 and the FDMS86500L...does anyone have an idea???
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:04:03 am »
So im designing a sealed lead acid battery charger.. The schematic im gona use is one of the datasheet demo circuit. there are few problems with the components and that is that i cant find anywhere the LT8710 itself and neither any of the TSSOP 20 packages i have available fit the chip well... Also the mosfet (Fairchild FDMS86500L) has a package that i cant find anywhere on the internet as a lib... if there is anything with the same package...doesnt matter what it is just the pads to fit i can modify it.. If there is nothing i already prepared a replacement for it in a TO252 version..

IF anyone has seen the packages or components i need a .lib for please let me know.

Make your own footprint. 

Offline SK_Caterpilar_SKTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:20:25 am »
Make your own footprint.

Thank you sir that was really helpful, but since I find making a footprint for the mosfet too complicated, I was trying to find a different solution than what you recomended.

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:06 am »
Make your own footprint.

Thank you sir that was really helpful, but since I find making a footprint for the mosfet too complicated, I was trying to find a different solution than what you recomended.
Most of the time I end up making foot prints for parts.  I bet you can find a video on line that will teach you how. 

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 08:22:12 am »
Never use the library that comes with the software. Instead, always create your own footprints and symbols.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/eagle/blog/library-basics-part-1-creating-first-package-autodesk-eagle/

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:57:55 am »

I have been using SnapEDA for footprints and symbols. Like all footprints, you have to vet each one but I have had pretty good luck.

Eagle part creation is like rinsing your eyes with lemon juice after cutting them with razor blades. But, you have to get good at it.

Short and misplld from my mobile......

Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline montemcguire

• Regular Contributor
I use PCB Library Expert to make footprints for all of the components that I use. It takes a lot of time, but when you get the boards, stencil the paste, and watch it reflow perfectly, you realize that it's worth all of the hassle. It uses the latest IPC recommendations, and they really do work well. Each and every footprint that I use has been generated by this tool, and I've been very happy. It also allows you to customize certain aspects of a footprint if needed. For example, I needed a footprint for a through-hole electrolytic cap that had generous enough pads for future rework by possibly less than skilled techs, and this was relatively easy to handle with PCBLE. Some special components that don't fall into the main categories, like a bottom terminated MOSFET with two die attach pads was also able to be made well. This part is 1.6 mm square with 3 pads on each of 2 sides with a gap of only around 0.2mm between pads, and I can easily stencil and reflow this part at home with sloppy placement and manual hot air / IR preheat. Good footprints are worth the hassle, and even vendor recommended geometries are sometimes not usable. Do it yourself and get it right! :-)

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
Make your own footprint.

Sorry, it's part of the job.  You'll eventually have to learn to do it.  We've all been right there with you, believe me.  8)

That being said, SnapEDA does work pretty well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf