Author Topic: Eagle sold to Autodesk?  (Read 6545 times)

Offline dhoferTopic starter

Eagle sold to Autodesk?
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »
FYI, I saw this on a related forum so I checked the Farnell site and it looks to be true. Anybody else hear of this?

http://www.premierfarnell.com/content/sale-cadsoft-0

Premier Farnell today announces that, together with its wholly owned subsidiary Celdis Limited, it has completed the sale of Cadsoft Computer GmbH (“Cadsoft”) and the assets used in connection with the sale of Cadsoft products in the US (together “the Business) to a subsidiary of Autodesk Inc. (“Autodesk”).

Cadsoft is a software development business that produces electronics design software that Autodesk will add to its software portfolio. Premier Farnell will continue to distribute the Cadsoft product on behalf of Autodesk.

This action follows an operational review, initiated in July 2015, which concluded that Premier Farnell would look to strategically refocus its portfolio and concentrate on its core distribution business, while also reducing its net debt. The net proceeds of the disposal will have the effect of reducing Premier Farnell’s reported net debt position as at 31 January 2016 by approximately 8%.

Offline vinicius.jlantunes

• Regular Contributor
Re: Eagle sold to Autodesk?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »
Copied from Reddit:
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4107888,-82.5404233,3a,75y,111.81h,70.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9_8EeUV57NWjVOB2uOMJrA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
The truck came from the opposite direction and did a left turn in front of the car.

Side skirts on the truck may have made the accident less tragic but if the sun is pointing directly in your face it is hard to spot something even as big as a truck. I'm also assuming that the truck driver made an error by not waiting until there was no traffic on the road he/she wanted to cross.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Josephine85

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:42:45 am »
Found this on the CadSoft EAGLE Blog

"How does this affect licensing?  Pricing?  License types?

Simply put, the pricing hasn’t changed.  However, we have seriously reduced the numbers of different license types / SKUs to try and simplify things.  So instead of multiple matrices of 60+ SKUs we’ve settled on two fundamental license types:

Layout + Schematic
Layout + Schematic + Autorouter
…And likewise, some naming has changed to bring the license types into alignment with Autodesk nomenclature."

So where previously there were Light, Standard and Professional tiers; these map to Autodesk’s Standard, Premium and Ultimate license tiers respectively.  It is the same functionality but with different naming.  Same numbers of layers, board area, etc."
(Quote: https://cadsoft.io/blog/autodesk-acquires-eagle/)

Offline technotronix

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:00:02 am »
Thank for sharing this news. I actually not aware about it.

Offline Saeed

• !
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 07:23:07 pm »
I want to buy eagle from CadSoft, I will pay now...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf