Author Topic: How to add a track in Eagle  (Read 3313 times)

Offline JacquesBBBTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
How to add a track in Eagle
« on: January 08, 2016, 09:16:44 am »
I understand how to make a track when there is a thin yellow wire obtained by ratsnest.

But How to add an additional track  when all the connections are already satisfied ?

How also to  start a track from a place that is far from the thin yellow ratsnest  wire ?  Most often Eagle will start the track
from the closest  yellow thin wire. How to avoid that ?

Thanks

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: How to add a track in Eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 09:53:35 am »
I understand how to make a track when there is a thin yellow wire obtained by ratsnest.

But How to add an additional track  when all the connections are already satisfied ?

How also to  start a track from a place that is far from the thin yellow ratsnest  wire ?  Most often Eagle will start the track
from the closest  yellow thin wire. How to avoid that ?

Thanks

Additional tracks can be placed with the wire command.

To start normal tracks far from the yellow ratsnest wire, keep the ctrl button pressed to start routing at any given point along a wire or via.

For future reference, type "help route".

No offence but, these commands are so basic that, if you don't know them, it means you should read the manual or watch some video's on youtube about how to start with Eagle.

Offline JacquesBBBTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:48 pm »
Thanks !

No offence but, these commands are so basic that, if you don't know them, it means you should read the manual or watch some video's on youtube about how to start with Eagle.

It may indeed seem strange, now that I see how simple it is,  but the most obvious things are not always evident when you learn by yourself in an isolated way.

I have watched carefully dozens of videos on the Web, and read the docs several times, but did not get these points. I have already made several boards without  the use of these commands, and probably did much more complicated stuff.

This  is the benefit of the Forum. It replaces the possibility to ask a nearby pal for something that may sound obvious, but is only for the ones who know.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:10:51 pm by JacquesBBB »

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

You'r welcome. Just one tip (in case you didn't know it already), when you keep the mouse still on top of one of the toolbuttons on the left,
a little tooltip will popup that displays the name of that command. With that name you can quickly access the specific documentation by writing
"help <commandname>".

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:14:51 pm »
I must admit I've been using Eagle for a while and didn't know how to do this either. Each time I needed to, I found a way but it never felt like the right way.

Offline FreddyVictor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »
alternative way is to use the 'Wire' icon to lay a new track.
then, using the 'Name' function, click on the new track and change it's name (if you don't know what it should be, click on desired wire/track to find out) to what you want it to be.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf