Author Topic: how to disable followme and auto router  (Read 4223 times)

Offline KirigozoTopic starter

• Contributor
how to disable followme and auto router
« on: October 31, 2013, 01:48:58 pm »
Hi Folks,

Is there a way to disable followme and the auto router in 6.5? This package is so smart it is bloody useless!

If necessary I'll dump this version and revert to something very old that doesn't have the "feature".

Offline ohmineer

• Contributor
how to disable followme and auto router
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »
I do not understand your question. To my knowledge, in all eagle versions, routing can be done manually.

Using those features is optional and not always recommendable.

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
Re: how to disable followme and auto router
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:06:28 am »
Is there a way to disable followme and the auto router in 6.5? This package is so smart it is bloody useless!

I don't know if there's a way to explicitly disable it completely.  The follow-me router is included as two of the ten (or so) "wire bend" choices.  If you choose a manual wire bend (like 45 or 90 deg) while routing an air wire, the follow-me router will not be invoked.  You can right-click to cycle through the bend choices while routing or click on the bend icons at the top.

I have my wire bend choices limited to *not* include the follow-me router with the following command in my eagle.scr startup file:

set wire_bend @ 0 1 3 4;

This limits the right-click choices to cycle through only the 45deg and 90deg bends.  You can still override the choices by manually clicking on one of the bend styles at the top, including the follow-me router.  Read the help for the "set" command to decode which choices the numbers map to.

I find the follow-me router to be slow, jumpy, frustrating, and generally unusable.

Offline KirigozoTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: how to disable followme and auto router
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:52:46 am »
Thank you, that's the hint I needed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf