Author Topic: EAGLE CadSoft, ready to pay! $100 OFFER  (Read 9712 times)

Offline SaeedTopic starter

• !
EAGLE CadSoft, ready to pay! $100 OFFER
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:28:20 pm »
Hi everybody ....

$100 for EAGLE

I hate the new Autodesk EAGLE subscription thing, I want a CadSoft version of EAGLE (before V8).
Please anyone, I am ready to pay NOW 100 USD !!!
Paypal

Any version, even V3 dongle or anything !!!

Proof that is legal please, I am using it commercially.

$100 for EAGLE
Email: bobytonic@gmail.com

Thanks

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
Re: EAGLE CadSoft, ready to pay! $100 OFFER
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:26:37 pm »
Ha same here I had bought it earlier v7 the latest version before 8. I doubt you could buy it here. Well let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:24 am »
I notice that you have posted this four times, in different threads.
Please don't, that is considered bad style.

On another note, are you sure that a V3 version would do you any good? Do you already have a more recent version you use (hacked or "passed along" somehow) and want to legalize it? In that case, a V3 license key would most likely not work for a much more recent version.

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:35:21 am »
switch to kicad, it's not that hard.

The following users thanked this post: james_s

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 04:04:48 pm »
Well I tried kicad and the GUI does not seem to be nothing like the eagle.

Note to the admin, Tapatalk does not seem to give notifications on subscribed forums.

Offline PCB.Wiz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:23 am »

GUIs do not take much to learn, the Database and Dataflows are a bigger issue, but you should look into the translators there.
I expect the Eagle->KiCad choices will rapidly expand, now there is more motivation in the user base.

KiCad has good shove routing, and a nice ASCII database, so you cannot have your own data held hostage.

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
EAGLE CadSoft, ready to pay! $100 OFFER
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 07:28:03 am »
Hi Saeed,

I checked with my supplier and he maybe able to help you. Mail him

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:35:08 am by anishkgt »

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 07:34:16 am »
Hi Saeed,

I checked with my supplier and he maybe able to help you. Mail him ***@**********

Really? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want his email putting directly up on here, I suspect he'll be in a whole load of trouble if his employer sees this thread....
I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:58 am »
Oooops wasn't aware of that. Thought it would be a sort of marketing for the product too. Well I 'be taken it out.

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 07:54:19 am »
Oooops wasn't aware of that. Thought it would be a sort of marketing for the product too. Well I 'be taken it out.

Thanks, I'm sure he'll appreciate you removing that swiftly :)

From one of the threads on the old EAGLE newsgroup, I seem to recall one of the concessions made by Autodesk regarding the new licensing was to make an equivalent v7 license available to v8 subscribers and add a v7 export feature into v8 to allow them to fall back on v7 if they no longer had a v8 subscription. I don't think any of that has been put in place yet but once it has then it will give a way to get a new v7 license again.
I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 07:59:44 am »
Well I hope they are taking initiatives to not loose existing customers while "product enhancements"

Offline Bassman59

• Super Contributor
  • Yes, I do this for a living
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 05:37:16 pm »

That's because the Kicad developers have a suggestion that goes along the lines of: "If there is a question about how to implement a feature, look at how the leading Maker favorite package does it, and do the opposite."

Offline Agent86

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 08:36:57 pm »
From one of the threads on the old EAGLE newsgroup, I seem to recall one of the concessions made by Autodesk regarding the new licensing was to make an equivalent v7 license available to v8 subscribers and add a v7 export feature into v8 to allow them to fall back on v7 if they no longer had a v8 subscription. I don't think any of that has been put in place yet but once it has then it will give a way to get a new v7 license again.
Anyone want to make a bet as to whether that will actually happen?   :box: :-DD

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »

Thanks, I'm sure he'll appreciate you removing that swiftly :)

Yeah, they'll get right  on that, any day now.....    :-DD

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 08:02:32 pm »
I've view these video from eapbg youtube channel here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoiRasgoC8yP6j5P28C9c4A
it's all about the differences between kicad and eagle, and it's worth viewing.
I was sceptical about kicad; but after these tutorials, everything became clear and I made a small board in a short time.
I'm a mac user and eagle user interface always was a battle for me.
Kicad has also a lot to improve on the user interface, but it's still really usable, you can have the freerouter build inside, it's very easy after.

Offline PCB.Wiz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 10:17:36 pm »

Sounds more PR spin than Engineering to me... and reinforces their flawed 'user data as hostage' mindset, that I am sure will bite them big time.
Of course, it will never quite work 100%, will it ?

Subscription in the historic & common usage, was a means to get new copies of something, with no means to prevent you from using the ones you already had on the shelf.

Seems what Autodesk offer is nothing like a 'subscription' at all, in the true meaning,  but is more similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion

Offline macegr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 09:50:55 pm »
I don't think you can buy a legally licensed commercial version of Eagle anymore, because licenses are to a specific organization or individual (the name is embedded in the license that was sent to you).

Offline montemcguire

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:27 am »
KiCad has good shove routing, and a nice ASCII database, so you cannot have your own data held hostage.

Eagle documents and libraries have been simple ASCII files formatted in XML for quite some time now. Not sure about v8, but v6 and v7 use the XML format, and it's helpful. If you can't do something using the software, then the XML could be edited directly. I've used GNU Emacs to edit the XML files, and it makes certain tasks a lot easier than using the actual Eagle software.

So, this is not a differentiating feature of KiCad - Eagle does this too.

Offline hlavac

• Frequent Contributor
Forget it, not worth the trouble
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 04:16:54 pm »
I still have the 7.7 hobbyist license, but have already gone Kicad and have not looked back.
Good enough is the enemy of the best.

Offline suku

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »
Sadly once you try a professional software, you can't go back to kicad or eagle...

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:55 pm »
Sadly once you try a professional software, you can't go back to kicad or eagle...

I bow to your proven superiority...

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »
Seeking out an older version of Eagle is only going to prolong the pain. It's better to rip the bandaid off quickly IMHO and just transition to KiCad now, otherwise you'll have to do it sooner or later unless you want to go with software rental. I tried Eagle years ago along with every other EDA I could get my hands on before settling on KiCad and found that the transition was not all that hard. Once you know how to design a PCB, learning the GUI is easy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf