Author Topic: Moving schematic wires  (Read 5170 times)

Offline bronsonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Moving schematic wires
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »
When blasting out a schematic, I often find I need to move components after I've wired them.

Is there any way to quickly adjust the distorted nets?  Right now I'm deleting them and redrawing them.  Eagle's GOT to offer a better way, yeah?

Edit: the move tool can straighten them out sometimes but it's very fiddly and often ends up dragging the wrong side of the wire. Seems equally as irritating as delete-and-redraw.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:17:40 pm by bronson »

Offline sachleen

• Contributor
    • My Site
Re: Moving schematic wires
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »
You can use the move tool and click on a net and move it around. "Move" each corner down so it makes a right angle.

Offline bronsonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:14:03 pm »
That's true but move is still pretty laborious.

I picture something like a one-click "simplify" command.  Click on the bad part of the trace and it shrinks down on its own.

Do any other PCB packages do this?

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »
Instead of moving a single component, you should group the components that should remain static, and then move them as a group.

In your example, I'm assuming you moved the R-Pi down.  Instead, you could group the R-Pi and also the three wire vertices (corners) to its upper left (a total of 4 objects).  Then move them as a group down.  The wires coming out of the R-Pi would then stay at a right angle and the 3 vertical wires would adjust in height.

Alternatively, after you move the R-Pi as in your picture, you could group the 3 wire vertices and move them into position as a group.  There's no need to move them individually.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf