Author Topic: Need to create part with rectangular pins  (Read 2432 times)

Offline station240Topic starter

• Supporter
Need to create part with rectangular pins
« on: January 30, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »
I've got a component that has large rectangular pins, and is high current so I can't just use a big round hole and backfill it with solder.
I did a search for anything on rectangular pins/hole in Eagle, and found nothing.

It should be a case of making the component and drawing in the board outline layer instead of drilling a hole. I know I can do that with the board directly, but does it work as a part ?

Has anyone done libraries for any parts like this ? Or have libraries they use.

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need to create part with rectangular pins
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 07:55:35 pm »
You mean like an Allegro ACS750 hall effect current transducer? In that case (or for reference) you can take a look at the allegro.lbr library. You either have it insalled already or you can download it from CADSoft library page

If you Google for oval or oblong hole you should be able to find how to do it your self but be careful if you're using internal layers! Read the threads and compare to your version of EAGLE as the procedure might have changed (I don't know). As I said, be aware of the pitfalls.

Offline station240Topic starter

• Supporter
Re: Need to create part with rectangular pins
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:46 am »
Ah Layer 46 Milling.
Then the fun part, finding a PCB house that can do the routed holes, as the chinese are on holiday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf