Author Topic: Project LIB problem for eagle on Windows and Linux  (Read 1515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Griffin

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 36
  • Country: za
    • Amara Solutions
Project LIB problem for eagle on Windows and Linux
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:57 am »
Hi every1

I have a bit of a tricky problem regarding the libraries in EAGLE. I have recently made the move from windows to Linux (Ubuntu) so I'm still getting use to some things but here is my problem:

When I create a project and schematic under my Linux EAGLE and then try to open the project under Windows I have to manually re-enable all the libraries before I can add more components. Now I know this is because the lib directory differs between Linux/Windows/32bit/64bit in that they are in different location. I have a few computers at home: Main Server (Win Serv 2008), Main PC (Linux), Personal Laptop (Linux) and Work Laptop (Win 7).

What I usually did on windows is create a map drive to the folder with my libraries on my server and made the path all the same on the other devices and this solved the problem. BUT how do I do the same on Linux. If the lib path is not exactly the same on all devices I would need to re-enable them each time I change computers and there are allot of them.

Restrictions:
1. Cannot change work laptop to Linux or install any emulator or anything funny
2. I have multiple devices set-up like this because I move around allot inside and outside the house and sometimes I have a friend that comes over and we work ons the same project at the same time
3. I only have the free version of Eagle.
4. This is all just for a hobby so don’t want to spend extra cash for some software that can do it.

I also asked the same question on the eagle forum but 
If it cannot be done, the answer is simple: Do the impossible and hurry up!
 

Offline funk1980

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 17
Re: Project LIB problem for eagle on Windows and Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:36:36 am »
I've got the same problem switching between my Mac and PC. Haven't found a solution, but I can can save you some time. Right-click the main 'Libraries' item and choose 'use all'. This way, all libraries are selected instead of having to enable eacht sub-item separatly.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf