Author Topic: regarding tape and reel information mentioned in data sheet  (Read 3164 times)

Offline msrinivasan1995Topic starter

• Contributor
regarding tape and reel information mentioned in data sheet
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:24:47 am »
guys what does tape and reel information mentioned in the data sheet used for? I'm creating a customised Library part, I want to know how it can be helpful for designing Footprint.

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
Re: regarding tape and reel information mentioned in data sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:48:43 am »
guys what does tape and reel information mentioned in the data sheet used for? I'm creating a customised Library part, I want to know how it can be helpful for designing Footprint.

It doesn't help when designing the footprint, it's more there so the people in manufacturing have the information they need about the packaging so they can do what they need to do.

Best Regards,

Rachael
I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

The following users thanked this post: msrinivasan1995

Offline richardlawson1489

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 06:29:51 am »
I don't know much about it but I have read somewhere that tape and reel are used to facilitate pick and place equipment requirements.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:53 pm »
I make sure my PCB library parts always have the same orientation as they appear in the feeders on my pick/place machine. That way parts will be placed the right way round without the need to tweak anything.
It is REALLY annoying when the tape orientation for a new part isn't shown on the datasheet.
There are some conventions, e.g. LED cathodes on sprocket size, QFN pin1 on sprocket side, but you can't be sure it will always be the case. I've definitely seen LEDs taped the other way round.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf