Author Topic: Trace top and bottom layer at the same time?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline fubar.grTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Fubar.gr
Trace top and bottom layer at the same time?
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:16:36 am »

This is a relay and a terminal block.

To double the current handling capacity, I thought of running the traces from both top and bottom layers.

To do it, I routed them on the bottom layer and then ran a identical wire on the top layer (because Eagle won't let you route an already routed signal).

In this particular case it is not much of a hassle, but I was wondering if there's a more automated way to run traces on both sides of the board?

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: Trace top and bottom layer at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 12:10:22 pm »
To do it, I routed them on the bottom layer and then ran a identical wire on the top layer (because Eagle won't let you route an already routed signal).

Yes, you can. To start routing without an "unrouted wire", enter "route", keep the the Ctrl-button pressed and click on a pin, pad, via or trace.

In this particular case it is not much of a hassle, but I was wondering if there's a more automated way to run traces on both sides of the board?

As far as I know, no.

Offline batteksystem

• Regular Contributor
    • My ebay store
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 12:35:42 pm »
Usually besides routing both layers, put some via to increase the heat dissipation between the two layers.

Offline Josephine85

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:42:13 am »
Hello,

maybe you´ll find something in the guided tour: https://cadsoft.io/tour/. There three videos about 1) Routing Signals, 2) the Follo-me-Router and 3) Autorouter.

Best regards,

Offline Unordung

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 02:27:39 am »
Hi guys,
Sorry to revive a long dead thread but does anyone know how this is done in Eagle 9?
It used to work just holding down control but alas its not working anymore and I can't figure it out.

For clarity I am trying to increase the current handling ability of the trace and I'm unable to increase the trace width.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:29:38 am by Unordung »

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 10:43:23 pm »
Sorry to revive a long dead thread but does anyone know how this is done in Eagle 9?
It used to work just holding down control but alas its not working anymore and I can't figure it out.

You need to turn off the loop removal feature of the route command, then it should let you create the additional routes.

Best Regards,

Rachael
I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf