Poll

Low-cost license for non-commercial usage: do you want it?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
4 (66.7%)
May be
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: ADC / DAC LC Filter Designer - Welcome to Try  (Read 18093 times)

Offline Christopher

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ADC / DAC LC Filter Designer - Welcome to Try
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 10:28:11 pm »
Unfortunately, this would serve no use to me as I do not go near this kind of design (i'm sane).

Your website and program look top notch, very usable with no unneeded frills. I wish I could design software half as clean looking as this.

Offline olegkTopic starter

• Contributor
    • ADC / DAC LC Filter Designer
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
Unfortunately, this would serve no use to me as I do not go near this kind of design (i'm sane).

Your website and program look top notch, very usable with no unneeded frills. I wish I could design software half as clean looking as this.

Thank you so much! :)

It is exactly what I dreamed of, working on this project!
ADC / DAC LC Filter Designer - Innovative Anti-Aliasing and Anti-Imaging LC Filter Design Software

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:02 am »
People who hack stuff improve the safety of IT systems so -for example- your bank takes proper measures to safeguard your money or software gets better protection against piracy. If you make something you'll always get remarks on ways to improve it!

When you invite somebody to your home, you don't expect, that he will broke your windows, saying:
"look, how easily I broke them, and now go and improve it, so I can broke it again".

Protection is to keep the honest people honest.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:07:07 pm by olegk »
ADC / DAC LC Filter Designer - Innovative Anti-Aliasing and Anti-Imaging LC Filter Design Software

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »
When you invite somebody to your home, you don't expect, that he will broke your windows, saying:
"look, how easily I broke them, and now go and improve it, so I can broke it again".
No, but when you request feedback for your software in a forum full of engineers, you can be sure that somebody will point out some flaws with the design. He didn't publish the cracked software, he showed that it's very easy to remove your protection mechanism.
Just as if someone told you that your front door is made out of thin cardboard and can easily be broken.
Btw, what's the advantage of your tool over several other freeware filter calculators? This is no rhetorical question.

Offline AlxDroidDev

• Frequent Contributor
    • Arduino Web Brasil
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 03:14:26 pm »
Code confiscator won't prevent it from being cracked.
PS. I have no intention to release the cracked binary or key or the core algorithm of your program.
But the protection is really weak, just to let you know.
This statement  sounds approximately like: "Hey people, look, I broke someone's door and stolen his work."
Is it the reason for pride anyhow?
Absolutely not.
It is something shameful.

This is an entirely different thing, and blueskill's crack doesn't fit in the context of a burglary.  He actually helped you quite a lot,  he did you a favour, and some developers actually pay a lot of $$$ for people to crack-test their protection mechanisms and report back on success/failure and methods used.  He didn't steal anything from you and openly told you what he's done, and still promised not to make the crack public.

Please don't be so hostile about this. See it as someone telling about a failure in your program, and one failure that actually might prevent you from having revenue from your program. Be thankful you now know your program can be easily cracked, there is no crack in the wild for it, so you have the time to improve your licensing mechanism.

Think of blueskill's action as free software engineering consultancy!

I might also give it a try with ollyDBG (my favorite for this kind of stuff).

Still with the burgraly analogies. It's not the same thing. His crack cost you nothing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:35:44 pm by AlxDroidDev »
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from." (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »
what's the advantage of your tool over several other freeware filter calculators?

Filter design is more than just calculation.
It is also selection of components values from preferred number series, selection of component models from families that fit the task, simulation of the circuit and analysis of performance metrics.
This tool helps to do it all very fast and convenient.
More details are available at the website: http://lcfilter.ru/en/
Also there is comparison with RFSim99: http://lcfilter.ru/en/rfsim99/

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 07:07:21 pm »
AlxDroidDev, thank you for your message.
I understand this point of view, but have some disagreements with it.
Anyway, I hope there are much more interesting things to discuss about this product.

Offline AlessandroAU

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »
Olegk should be thankful for the free vulnerability testing! That kind of service costs good money in the real world.

Who is app targeted at though? Any company serious enough about RF design would already be using something else.

That said, the application is really quite good, it appears well written and thought out, the library looks extensive.

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 04:30:01 pm »
Olegk should be thankful for the free vulnerability testing! That kind of service costs good money in the real world.

And is absolutely meaningless for small products like this.
Please read previous posts in this topic.

Who is app targeted at though?

The app is targeted at design engineers, that develop mixed-signal processing devices.
Probably, some advanced enthusiasts will want to use it also.

Any company serious enough about RF design would already be using something else.

There are many reasons, why people buy new software.
  • They can be not completely happy with tools they already use.
  • New development teams and engineering companies are created pretty frequently.
  • Existing teams and engineers can change direction of work.
  • ADC or DAC conversion can be added to the new generation of devices, that were pure digital or analog before.
  • And others. (For example, I have PreSonus StudioOne, because I love it, not because really need.)
In some cases this tool do it's job much better than competitors.
It helps to solve the task much faster, with better results, and is easy to start using.

That said, the application is really quite good, it appears well written and thought out, the library looks extensive.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:45:36 pm by olegk »

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 10:55:06 pm »
Hello everyone!
I am searching for a quick way to test purchase procedure on a live human from another country.
If somebody here wants to buy this tool with big discount for $35 USD and provide feedback, please contact me.

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 09:09:03 am »
Purchase tested, feedback processed.
Many thanks to my first worldwide customer!
So now this tool is available for purchase.

And some words about the latest release, that can save html design reports.
Why are they useful?
  • It is one self-contained file, that does not require additional software to view, is suitable for printing,
    convenient for exchange between engineers and publishing on the Internet.
  • Design data can be easily extracted by hand or using a simple external ad hoc script.
  • Text in report can be indexed for search by file managers and other software.
  • It separates the result of design from the tool and makes it stand-alone.
  • It allows you to get additional information, that does not impact filter design decisions, but can be
    used later at the level of device design (for example, metric size of components besides inches).
Comments or suggestions? What do you think about it?

An example of design report: http://lcfilter.ru/en/report/

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 11:36:59 pm »
I think a report in PDF format is much better because you have more control over the layout. Printing HTML pages is usually pretty crappy.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »
New release.
Implemented the analysis of suppression of 2x oversampling imaging/aliasing.
This feature allows one to save digital resources and it is useful when these resources are limited.
Implemented the analysis of the load capacitance impact.
It helps to take into account the impact of input impedance of a sample-and-hold circuit of ADC.
Tolerance analysis was reworked and now it works twice faster.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:19:19 pm by olegk »

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 12:52:44 pm »

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 08:57:23 am »
Do you want low-cost license for non-commercial use?
Please vote at the top of the topic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf