Low Cost PCB's Low Cost Components

Author Topic: Cadence OrCAD Deal Offer  (Read 678 times)

Offline bench_knob

• Regular Contributor
  • Disc Inside Ionized Atmosphere - Mexico 1994
    • SETV
Cadence OrCAD Deal Offer
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »
Hey all,

Just saw an ad posted by Cadence OrCAD, for $430 smackers (thats fairly inexpensive for this pro-level PCB CAD, which at work cost around $15k for all the bells and whistles. I am not a spammer, and this post (I hope isn't seen as being spam). I'm an EE who uses the paid non-com version of EAGLE at home for my projects.  I don't know the details of the full deal, maybe there's a hidden money trick? But thought it would be considerate to let you all know...?

See: Go.ema-eda.com/FREEPCBOffer

bench knob
skupe: zeebra_xray

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cadence OrCAD Deal Offer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »
I saw this before. I do not believe it's the pro version but it does look a good deal.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:12:51 PM »
If your design is not to complex can be even free

https://www.ema-eda.com/products/cadence-orcad/orcad-lite

Offline rfbroadband

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 09:55:40 AM »
it is a very good deal. They try to get you hooked and pay the annual maintenance fees starting in year 2. They also hope that you "grow" used to the tool and upgrade to more expensive features or software options. But it is an excellent deal to start and depending on you needs to may use this "lower end" version for many years to come before you even have to consider upgrading.

Offline asmi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:53 AM »
it is a very good deal. They try to get you hooked and pay the annual maintenance fees starting in year 2. They also hope that you "grow" used to the tool and upgrade to more expensive features or software options. But it is an excellent deal to start and depending on you needs to may use this "lower end" version for many years to come before you even have to consider upgrading.
Once you decide to upgrade, they will only charge a price difference. Since full price of Standard is $2150 (if I remember correctly), you will get this as discount towards their higher-tier products. At least that's  how I understand their upgrade process.
Also you don't have to renew subscription in order to keel using product. This subscription is for maintenance and upgrades only, not "subscription-ware" where you can't even use the product unless you keep paying.

Offline jpb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:38:14 AM »
I see that it is "Limited time offer. Valid in North America Only" so presumably not available in the UK?

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:58:14 AM »
There is a similar but not as cheap UK offer. You need to contact the UK distributor. They seem to offer excellent support. I forgot their company name but sure it's easy enough to find

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Will design for cookies
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM »
Parallel Systems

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 04:36:03 PM »
I see that it is "Limited time offer. Valid in North America Only" so presumably not available in the UK?

You can get an address with Reship USA or eComGateway for nothing or next to nothing. I'm not sure if there is anything to actually ship if buying it on-line, however if so, just get it shipped to your Oregon address (no sales tax for goods sent to/sold in Oregon). They will post/freight it on to you for less than US$50. Use a gmail email address & pay by Paypal to avoid them seeing a non-USA issued credit card. All very do-able.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf