Author Topic: good textbooks detailing wave soldering and SMD oven soldering (industrial)  (Read 2370 times)

Offline SArepairmanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • wannabee bit hunter
I'll post this here too, since its an expert forum

I would like to better acquaint myself with the nitty gritty of reflow and wave soldering.

What are some good resources for this? I assume I should take a youtube college thermodynamics class first.

I can probobly cobble something together by reading a buncha diff resources, but I thought a text made a an author that specializes in the subject might be helpful. This is not for toaster ovens/small scale etc, I am interested for the industrial overview, for medium size production. Also like, tuning the processes and whatnot.

I have been asked to provide some oversight and document things at a facility, and I want to be in the know so I can talk shop with them. Or at least not be completely clueless.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:17:17 pm by SArepairman »

Online Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
I'll post this here too, since its an expert forum

I would like to better acquaint myself with the nitty gritty of reflow and wave soldering.

What are some good resources for this? I assume I should take a youtube college thermodynamics class first.

I can probobly cobble something together by reading a buncha diff resources, but I thought a text made a an author that specializes in the subject might be helpful. This is not for toaster ovens/small scale etc, I am interested for the industrial overview, for medium size production. Also like, tuning the processes and whatnot.

I have been asked to provide some oversight and document things at a facility, and I want to be in the know so I can talk shop with them. Or at least not be completely clueless.

Good question. The good old Printed Circuits Handbook maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/Printed-Circuits-Handbook-McGraw-Handbooks/dp/0071467343
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

• Frequent Contributor
  • wannabee bit hunter
sure looks like a good start

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
Is there particular equipment You will be discussing?

• Frequent Contributor
  • wannabee bit hunter
Is there particular equipment You will be discussing?

I should know in a few weeks, maybe. I started reading the book linked here and a different one about reflow soldering troubleshooting. It should be enough to get me started.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf