Author Topic: Help: Move 2 selected designators PCB Altium  (Read 5571 times)

Offline B3rsuiTopic starter

Help: Move 2 selected designators PCB Altium
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:21:35 pm »
Hello guys,

I am having problems with my Altium configuration. When I select 2 or more components designators (like resistors: R22, R23, etc) and I want to move them I can´t, only the component I click lastone is moved, even when both designators keep selected.

And if I make Move Selection with R22 and R23 selected nothing happend.

Please help me!

Best regards,

Bruno

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help: Move 2 selected designators PCB Altium
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:14 pm »
I believe this is by design.  You can move multiple components, but not multiple designators.  They should be right next to the component anyway.

This allows Altium to highlight the footprint of the designator you are moving.  Otherwise you can get into trouble.  Anyone who has had the designators mixed up on a PCB they were troubleshooting knows that pain.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »
yes you can move multiple designators simultaneously. click first one , shift-click second one , shift-click  until you have all you want.
M - S , single click to grab them , move them where you want, single click to drop them
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:51:31 am »
Mine won't shift click to multi select.  Although I might have a plane taking click focus or something.  Weird.

Offline B3rsuiTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:30:05 am »
Yes! I can select any designators I want with shift + click. The strange thing is that in my laptop I a, able to move them togheter but in my work pc I can´t. I had exported the preferences from my laptop altium to the other pc but nothing.

Can anyone help me??

Offline Lada

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 04:52:25 pm »
Hello, did you solve it? How? I have the same problem.

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 01:12:03 am »
If you can't select them by click, they may be locked (a component property: open the component dialog somehow and untick "lock strings").

If you *really* need to brute-force things, use a query to select them (e.g., IsDesignator AND (Name Like 'R*') ), then M,S (move selection).  Or find the components in the List panel, pop over to the Inspector panel, and click the underlined Designator label, then click back in the work area and M,S.

Beware, you can select primitives inside footprints this way, by using queries -- you only get a "are you sure you want to move locked objects?" dialog.  You can do some really freaky things if you move components AND their primitives at the same time -- the primitives get moved double!  If you screw up footprints like this, and don't realize it right away... just update footprints from libraries, easier to just start over with them.  :palm:

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline Lada

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 08:51:38 am »
Thank you for answer, I can select them (Designators) but Move Selection doesn't work.

Offline ConKbot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:49:24 am »
Just did that this week in altium 15, move, selection wouldn't work, but electing all of them with shift click, then dragging them did. Make sure they aren't locked, or part of a union.

Offline Lada

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:28:50 am »
They aren't locked neither part of union. I created new PCB, placed 2 resistors, selected their designators and tried move selection. Nothing happened, designators were fixed in their positions.
I used Altium Designer 09.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf