Author Topic: LVDS pairs routing in Altium  (Read 1681 times)

Offline xzswq21Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
LVDS pairs routing in Altium
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:08:23 pm »
Hello
I have some length matched LVDS pairs.
How should I route them at the same time?

Thanks
❤ ❤

Offline Mattylad

• Regular Contributor
Re: LVDS pairs routing in Altium
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 01:32:47 pm »
If you do not have a diff pair routing function then you will have to manually route them individually, measure the longest and reroute the shortest until it is within the correct skew. If they all have to be within a certain skew then you will have to figure out which will be the longest and get them to match it.
Looking at those unrouted nets, for the ones on the left you will not be able to match the length to the ones on the right unless you move the chips further away.

What does the spec say your routing perimeters should be?
Just matched lenght per pair (thats the easy one) or matched length for a group?

Moving the larger resistor/capacitor that's there would also help you.
Matty
CID+

The following users thanked this post: xzswq21

Offline xzswq21Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: LVDS pairs routing in Altium
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »
If you do not have a diff pair routing function then you will have to manually route them individually, measure the longest and reroute the shortest until it is within the correct skew. If they all have to be within a certain skew then you will have to figure out which will be the longest and get them to match it.
Looking at those unrouted nets, for the ones on the left you will not be able to match the length to the ones on the right unless you move the chips further away.

What does the spec say your routing perimeters should be?
Just matched lenght per pair (thats the easy one) or matched length for a group?

Moving the larger resistor/capacitor that's there would also help you.

each pairs should be matched within 10mils. for example 1_P & 1_N should be matched within 10 mils.
but when I tried to tune them, the mismatch was 20 mils.
❤ ❤

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf