Author Topic: Need good PCB TEST layout schematic for transparency printer testing? (pdf)  (Read 4081 times)

Offline petrezaTopic starter

• Contributor
Could you point me to a good, detailed pdf file of a test trace layout of a PCB layer. There's a Staples store near me and they have

Xerox Color 560 and
Xerox D95

printers, both spec'ed at 2400x2400 resolution. I want to see how small a detail they can print.
I am just starting out and do not have a PCB design software yet. I found a few simple ones by googling but maybe someone can point me to something better.

Thanks in advance!

Offline jwm_

• Frequent Contributor
    • Not A Number
A couple test patterns made for the ldgraphy project might suit you. See the PostScript PS files https://github.com/hzeller/ldgraphy/tree/master/img

Online sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
No comment if it's good or not, but I made and used this one a few years back when calibrating a UV box

https://github.com/sleemanj/pcb-test-pattern
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
This should be a vector format PDF, 8 mil trace, 6 mil space for the large groups of lines,

Have fun.

And for completeness sake, attached is an image of a zoomed in area of what a 600 dpi office laser printer can do with this file on plain paper. (HP laserjet 4000) I find it interesting that all the 45 degree corners appear to have almost a complete brake in the trace, and most of the smaller bends become curves.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:40:05 am by Rerouter »

Offline petrezaTopic starter

• Contributor
Thank you all for your contributions! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I have downloaded the schematics and will print them out when I get the chance.

Meanwhile:
This should be a vector format PDF, 8 mil trace, 6 mil space for the large groups of lines,

Have fun.

And for completeness sake, attached is an image of a zoomed in area of what a 600 dpi office laser printer can do with this file on plain paper. (HP laserjet 4000) I find it interesting that all the 45 degree corners appear to have almost a complete brake in the trace, and most of the smaller bends become curves.

Rerouter, this is a great example. If you have the original schematic, and if it is not too much to ask, can you save the layer to 8.5" X 11" (US Letter) format. This is what the print shop will have and I do not want them to shrink it when printing it. (I do not have Acrobat so I cannot crop it)
Thank you so much.

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Here you go, pdf and svg in a zip file, its a little different than before (Active project), but essential the same

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf