Author Topic: Need to add KCC stamp for sale in Korea; Already have FCC/CE - how to?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Martin FTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi there,

We're working with an electronics distributor in South Korea, who wants to sell our data logger.

We selll a range of data loggers, some including WiFi. All loggers are certified for sale in US, EU, Canada (FCC, CE, IC) - and the wireless component is a FlashAir W-04 module that is certified for sale in all the markets incl. Korea.

In other words, we do not expect to need further certification to be viable for sale in Korea - but from what we understand, we need to go through a legal process to be allowed to add the KCC stamp on our product.

Do any of you know what this process looks like - and how we get started?

Best,
Martin

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need to add KCC stamp for sale in Korea; Already have FCC/CE - how to?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:16:08 pm »
You will have to certify with the KCC. It might be relatively easy since you use a pre-certified module. Foreign certifications are not relevant when dealing with the KCC.
I am available for freelance work.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: Need to add KCC stamp for sale in Korea; Already have FCC/CE - how to?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:50 pm »
You will have to certify with the KCC. It might be relatively easy since you use a pre-certified module. Foreign certifications are not relevant when dealing with the KCC.
But in general I'd expect test results from other certifications would be accepted if the test standards are comparable.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf