Author Topic: omron encoders and proximity switches how much do i sell them for  (Read 2858 times)

Offline jimmyneutronTopic starter

so i brought a whole loft unit at a auction it went for cheap cause it was only 1m high roof on it it came with a win xp and some boxes i open them and find 7 unopened omron encoders and one opened but never used  and about  10 brand new proximity switches /sensors  and some other goodies  but i want to know what  there worth  and where i could sell them in new zealand so i can get some more tools  for the space  thanks

Online BradC

• Super Contributor
They're probably worth exactly what someone will pay for them. Bear in mind as they are in New Zealand, anyone wanting to use them in the Northern Hemisphere will require additional inverters to make them usable.

Model numbers would be a good start.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
First of all make 100% sure they are genuine Omron and not the Ebay fakes.
From outside you're almost not able to tell but from the inside you can look at the quality of the pcb, soldering/reflowing and the used components.

The following users thanked this post: jimmyneutron

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Most of the people who would buy these new would not buy them from some random person on ebay, so don't think you will get anything remotely near the list price. Maybe 10% if you're lucky.
Just put them on ebay starting at 99 cents & let the market decide. Offer international shipping for anything small/light.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline jimmyneutronTopic starter

hey this is this info

Rotary encoder Model E6C2-CWZ
Volts 5 to 24V DC
500 P/R
4m cord

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
The big question remains are they original or fake.
Unless you have a proof of origin of purchase IMO you will have a big problem in selling them.

Farnell real one : $300   selling price to interested hobbieist $30-50
Ebay fake one   : $30     selling price to anyone serious $0

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
incremental encoder is expensive to my dictionary for only tracking position, though i'm not sure what it can offer more than position tracking, and whats with the  power wires etc... this is unknown from china brand, original omron should be much more expensive. but as i said, even for china brand, its still expensive to my dictionary...
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/360-600P-R-Photoelectric-Incremental-Rotary-Encoder-5-24V-AB-Two-Phases-Shaft-/142133029511?var=&hash=item2117c9ea87:m:miAAqDospQN2_5XmhdmG4HQ
pictures of the items may help... what about the proximity sensors? how about PMing me your offer price and registered tracking number mail to malaysia?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf