Author Topic: Pcb Design Program  (Read 14446 times)

Offline b_force

• Super Contributor
    • One World Concepts
Re: Pcb Design Program
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2018, 12:13:32 pm »
Because KiCad isn't stable enough for the professional world.
Also the interface is to much of a problem.
It's very different than all the other big/old professional programs out there.

Re-schooling/educating people is not only expensive, but it's also very difficult to convert over a couple of hundred designs into a new program.
And there is also a confidence issue. If you are not 100% confident about your skills in a new software program, the end result will show this (with sometimes major errors).
Plus KiCad used to have so very major bugs and extremely time consuming/typical nerdy approach (= to much programming and hassle involved)

That's why I voted for Diptrace before, it's much easier and intuitive to use than KiCad.
People pick it up much faster (based on research I did with several companies).

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »

Re-schooling/educating people is not only expensive, but it's also very difficult to convert over a couple of hundred designs into a new program.
And there is also a confidence issue. If you are not 100% confident about your skills in a new software program, the end result will show this (with sometimes major errors).
Plus KiCad used to have so very major bugs and extremely time consuming/typical nerdy approach (= to much programming and hassle involved)

That's why I voted for Diptrace before, it's much easier and intuitive to use than KiCad.

Does Diptrace or even KiCAD has something like Altium Vault?

Offline b_force

• Super Contributor
    • One World Concepts
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2018, 04:45:17 pm »

Does Diptrace or even KiCAD has something like Altium Vault?
Don't think so, but if your business and projects are so big that you even really need that than I would also recommend using Altium instead.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2018, 05:30:41 pm »
Not to suggest KiCAD doesn't have flaws, but stability doesn't seem to be one of them. I frequently leave it running for months at a time as I putter away on various back burner projects and I don't think I've ever had it crash even once. It's as stable as any software I've used, although I'm running a build that's a few years old now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf