Author Topic: eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!  (Read 53364 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:14:13 am »
Dave and other video bloggers have been getting paid-for targeted
dislike thumbs down on their Batteriser related videos.
Also, nasty accusations from the Batteriser fan page.
How your Youtube channel and videos can be easily ruined by a disgruntled person with some money to spend. Paid Likes, Paid Dislikes, and Paid Views, it's all available, just pay some money!

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
Re: eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »
Current stats:

Offline xuio

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »
I bet this youtube account is their "official" one.
I don't beleive the "videos are only uploaded to Facebook" excuse.

Moritz

Offline Kire Pûdsje

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:16:43 pm »
They (whoever it is) went the wrong way. First buying dislikes and then claiming you bought likes. Instead they should have bought you likes and then make the claim. Would have been harder to disprove. What has happened now is riduculous.

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »
Thanks for sharing this-it was really strange that huge amount of dislikes on this video, so now it is clear what is going on...on bloody Youtube  :rant:

Anyway it means that YT is a crap and my routine is to clear its cookies at least once a day (my IP address hopefully changes it is dynamic), since they start to suggest videos based on what recently  I was looking for and very quickly a lot of crap is listed as something I must to watch  :wtf:

However, where to find something more about monetizing Yt videos-there must be some rules and I guess those bought dislikes must be taken into account since this means that YT knows that such thing ahppened-how it affects monetizing those videos? They are less often showed at suggested to someone or something else?

Google search engine probably doesn't care abount those likes/dislikes or I'm wrong?

12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 01:53:36 pm »
While watching the Video it got 4 new dislikes. Yeah! Nice try, Batteriser. This is not realy the way you get new customers, despite the fact that the product they are selling is totaly crap... We will see who will win this "battle". I would bet on Dave and all the other youtubers.

And I noticed a huge amount of dislikes you might have overseen while scrolling through your video list - the pebble time thing got around 700 dislikes if I got it correctly. Is that "okay", or also paid dislikes?

By the way - everytime I watch a video and like it, I actually click on "I like this". Maybe we should all do that and push the stats far in the opposite direction :)
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline Miwer

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 04:33:50 pm »
I must confess, that I normally don't bother with liking/disliking videos, since it would require me to login first. However this sort of thing really pisses me off, so I took the time, logged on, and liked all your batteriser related videos. I hope all your fans do the same.  :-+

I also noticed that the videos on the batteriser batteroo channel is steadily increasing in dislikes...  :-DD :popcorn:

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 04:39:03 pm »
Good news  >:D

I've checked http://batteriser.com domain name and.... lets see what we get: http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=batteriser.com&type=domain
Domain Name: BATTERISER.COM
   Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
   Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
   Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
   Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
   Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
   Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
   Updated Date: 14-may-2015
   Creation Date: 06-jan-2015
   Expiration Date: 06-jan-2016

There are good news their domain will expire soon in january 2016 - we hope it will  :-DD

When we do the same eg. with eevblog.com domain it is prepaid many years ahead and this is a difference between donks, which spamed internet with their  :bullshit: thing worth nothing and electronics professionals....

They came a few months ago from nowhere and goes to nowhere... as their domain expiration date says  ;D

I must confess, that I normally don't bother with liking/disliking videos, since it would require me to login first.
Yep, I hate logging to YT since they wants create bloody G+ web page and other scam, but if it were YT links to all  those Bat :bullshit: teriser , I'd  press like to to show those donks where their place is ... in grammar school  :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:47:30 pm by eneuro »
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline vladovg

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 05:02:57 pm »
Upss :) :popcorn:

Offline yym

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 05:03:29 pm »
No doubt batterizer is BS. They act childish, but hey... they can afford it, they don't have much to lose, who has heard of batterizer anyway (outside of this forum, if you ask your friends?)
It is not like the batterizer brand worth millions..

But they did say something that caught my attention, something along the line that eevblog likes/views/whatnot are paid for, fake.
Dave, you show the viewer count graph around 9:40 and is nice exponential growth, however the last part ( the last year or so ) looks kind of suspicious, it just doesn't follow the pattern, it is similar what you have shown for the dislikes, to huge spikes, a quick growth than a quick fallback to what was before basically then another big growth.... it doesn't seem in order to me. Honestly i don't think you did so well this year, it looks like that data is fabricated.

I'm not accusing you of lying, maybe you don't even know about it, someone else culd have paid for the likes/views, just as for the dislikes.
Care to elaborate a bit on that?

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »
We should all make videos debunking batteriser and mirror them on different accounts.  If they pay to dislike them all it will cost them a lot.  :-DD

Interesting about the domain expiring so soon.  Seems to me they don't have plans to stay around that long if they did not register it for several years in one go.  I tend to always keep my domains at least a year ahead.  Buys me time if something goes wrong like I lose my registrar password or something like that.

Offline rollatorwieltje

• Supporter
  • I brick your boards.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »
Another Youtuber once said that it doesn't even matter if you vote like or dislike, in the end Google uses a viewer interaction based ranking. Worst case nothing happens, but it's more likely this dislike vote spamming actually increases the ranking of the channel. Occasionally I see one of those clickbaits with 50% dislikes and lots of views in the recommended videos section, so I'm inclined to believe it's true.

So Batteriser, bring on the vote spam.

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »
Another Youtuber once said that it doesn't even matter if you vote like or dislike, in the end Google uses a viewer interaction based ranking.
After all, I think it makes sense. YT is interested in people watching the videos (i.e. the ads that are showed with them). Whether they are massive 'like' or 'dislike' attractors probably doesn't matter much.

Offline necromncr

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 05:44:08 pm »
Hehehe... *slight chuckle*

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 06:10:51 pm »
The added commentary, no views but they probably had an ad run before they could get to the like or dislike, so the campaign has actually improved Dave's income a little ( thanks guys) from the adsense stream itself.

That they were actually paying for this?

Offline Lockon Stratos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 06:45:27 pm »
But they did say something that caught my attention, something along the line that eevblog likes/views/whatnot are paid for, fake.
Dave, you show the viewer count graph around 9:40 and is nice exponential growth, however the last part ( the last year or so ) looks kind of suspicious, it just doesn't follow the pattern, it is similar what you have shown for the dislikes, to huge spikes, a quick growth than a quick fallback to what was before basically then another big growth.... it doesn't seem in order to me. Honestly i don't think you did so well this year, it looks like that data is fabricated.
Hm, i cant tell precisely the dates but isn't that when this ....storm started? By the way even my closer to nothing youtube ch has spykes...

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 06:58:03 pm »
Apparently a group of highly trained people who knew exactly what they were doing broke in the batteriser office to "steal the technology". :palm:
just take a look at the massive amounts of damage.  :scared:

Soon enough they're gonna waste all their scam funds on this fiasco and the YT dislikes too. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:59:47 pm by Refrigerator »
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline open loop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
Seeing this reminded me of another video about Facebook likes and re-emphasises the nature of click farm likes/dislikes as pointed out by Dave, all of these dislikes come from very disengaged users.
http://youtu.be/oVfHeWTKjag
From what I think is a great channel called Veritasium...
I wonder if bateroo paid for any of their Facebook likes?
Hope the link works, from the photo of the robbery it looks likes someone has stole the door lock! This may affect the ship/release date of the batteriser product.

Offline crisr

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »
It was amusing to note that EEVBlog showed up at the top of the related channels list on the Batteriser (fanboy) page.
That might be what is getting up their nose.

Might be... when you search YouTube for "batteriser", the video at the top of the list is "EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)", the 800% baloney video :-). Batteriser Bateroo channel comes in second :-).

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »
Dave,

this is one of your most interesting videos on your channel, in terms of "Behind the YouTube Scenes" and of "Internet Social Behavior".

Well explained!  :-+ :-+ :-+

The Batteriser product is mostly boring, meanwhile, as it's so crude and so obviously incompetent.

Keep goin'!

Frank
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:00:02 pm by Dr. Frank »

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

... Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

I've read several contradicting opinions on that point. It's been mentioned that a dislike has the same weight as a like.

Offline delmadord

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 08:10:23 pm »
And now this video has 5k+ likes vs 12k+ views, incredible ratio :) not even about the electronix :D

Offline kezat

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »
I agree Jancumps, I thought it's all about the view time now for YT videos and not so much the views or likes/dislikes. What effect does a like/dislike really have anyhow?

Edit:
I think this will backfire on whoever did this dislike thing, you could already call it a win for Dave as he was able to create content out of it that we found interesting.

... Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

I've read several contradicting opinions on that point. It's been mentioned that a dislike has the same weight as a like.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:58:32 pm by kezat »

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 08:28:58 pm »
so the campaign has actually improved Dave's income a little ( thanks guys) from the adsense stream itself.
This  Bat :bullshit: teriser motivated me to login to YT and click likes on many Dave debunking videos, so... if it helps, yep it might help EEVblog, not this stupid idea.
Ups. I forgot click dislikes on all Bat  :bullshit: tero videos, we need to fix this as soon as possible  ;)

Anyway, probably those folks track this EEVblog forums, so I'm gonna help their marketing team... they should change customers target and.... try to use their "technology" in automotive industry  :-DD
Jump Start a Car with AA Batteries

BTW: Quite nice TPS61220 converter  :-+ -no need even think of using hazadeus Bat :bullshit: teriser  :--
-||-|-

Offline smashIt

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »
It's funny how there were always 132 dislikes from vietnam :D

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 09:38:48 pm »
Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

They tries to be tricky and... turned off likes/dislikes on a few videos?  ???

The same on another "classic" one   :popcorn:

Anyway, that is interesting that it i spossible to click like/dislike, so be CAREFULL and ensure you didn't make mistake  :-DD

To do so after clickining dislike, move mouse over thumb down hand and one should see something like this which confirms you do not like this:

Double check and when you move over thumb up hand you should see like available, while you disliked this  8)

NOTE: I've of course turned off automatic starting of YT videos to prevent scam like this to hit my eyes  and damage brain :-DD
-||-|-

Offline Stephen Durr

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 09:42:25 pm »
Is there any way to petition Youtube to reverse paid dislikes if presented with compelling evidence of such? It would seem to be in their own self interest to protect the integrity of their product and their partners product?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:15:10 pm by Stephen Durr »
"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel

Offline plexus

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »
Did you notice in one of the screen shots of the youtube comment at the end the guy says he is hoping to get a cheque from Batteriser for his campaign. that to me is a motive. before that he says he's friends with the inventors son. "hey if I do a good social media campaign for you, will you pay me?", "sure. show us what you can do." - not thinking the guy is going to do something bad. in other words, Batteriser may not be involved. or, maybe they are and this is a ploy. regardless, I felt it was an interesting detail. strategically, making it seem like some 3rd party would be a good smokescreen. you decide.

I coould go on a diatribe about my disappointment in people, but I'll spare you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:47:38 pm by plexus »

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 10:25:19 pm »
"Bla aka top toy eve rrock iron ssnake error rate"  may not be involved.
:blah: People with a few posts will now try to create proper image for stupid things....

BTW: Everytime when you type this "product" name  as it apears on their web pages you... help them be more positioned in web browsers since it fits with their domain name, so remember to do not do such mistake too often.
Much better name for "Bla aka top toy eve rrock iron ssnake error rate" is: Bat :bullshit: teriser    since, now i hope google will not understand this  >:D
-||-|-

Offline gore

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 11:32:42 pm »
As if they weren't running that page themselves just moments ago, which they still obviously are doing. The ratings and comments of their videos just got taken care of. Well, they tampered with comments before, but no fooling around this time. It seems they switched to the phase of distancing themselves from the sinking ship.

So, what now? Take a look at all these fans they are obtaining. Well, they've got fans now, alright!  :-DD

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:43:06 pm by gore »

Offline tree

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 11:39:39 pm »

Rest assured that if this is turning into some form of a legal matter that I will donate a couple hundred $ to help back you up and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I have zero tolerance for people or companies screwing over customers. Thank you for your work Dave! Much appreciated.

In a couple months time, the product will speak for itself and fall flat on its metaphorical face. No legal action required.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:01 am »
I'm not accusing you of lying, maybe you don't even know about it, someone else culd have paid for the likes/views, just as for the dislikes.
Care to elaborate a bit on that?

Sure, no problem, thanks for keeping me honest.
Short of showing my adsense revenue I'm happy to show any stat anyone asks for.
Here is some data on that spike period.
You can see my entire history both 7 days averaged and daily raw.
Then a close 1.5 years shot average and raw
And that spike around July does look a bit suss to the uninitiated, but it's nothing out of the ordinary in relative terms when you string a few popular video together back-to-back.
You can then see the spike itself and the videos that caused that.
The Electronic safe lock one was very popular, at the same time as the dumpster dive and anti-static wrist strap videos were popular as well. Bingo, you get the spike.
To prove it's real data look at the exact same graph with the minutes watched curve which directly correlates. Many people were simply genuinely viewing my videos.
If the views were fake/paid for, you wouldn't see the corresponding increase in record high estimated minutes watched count that tracked the views, that curve would have been flat.
Old videos like the white van speaker scam continue to contribute etc.

Just because you may not have found my videos all that good or interetsing recently does not mean other people have not. The data proves they are more popular than ever.
Hope that clears it up.

Bet you a million dollars Batteriser won't show their view data like that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:36:53 am by EEVblog »

Offline EvilGeniusSkis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:17 am »
We're a bunch of geeks, I'm sure if we put our minds to it and work together we can find out who runs the "Bat :bullshit: teriser fan page".
It would be interesting to see if he works for Bat :bullshit: teriser or not.

Also, what if we hat a thread where people could post links to their Bat :bullshit: teriser rants so we can "like" them to bring them up in the standings relative to the pro Bat :bullshit: teriser videos?

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 02:26:00 am »
When you pull up the GlassDoor reviews of (ex)employees from this PR company you will find this:
Representation of customers is FAKE.
That says it all in my opinion.

Yup  :palm:

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 03:40:23 am »
A follow-up on my stats:

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 03:43:56 am »

Just to be clear again.
I have never had Batteriser/Batteroo themselves, nor that fan page contact me about testing. Not by email, not my youtube comment on my videos (I don't follow their video comments), and not on this forum or the blog page.
Also, if they are going to offer, I want it to come from Batteroo themselves, I don't not want to deal with this clown running the "fan page".

Offline bfrigon

• Contributor
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 04:04:31 am »
This is their new ad.

Offline Armxnian

• Regular Contributor
  • Computer Engineering Student
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 04:35:02 am »
"College student", "Professor of Electrical Engineering", yet they resort to scamming people. These guys are a disgrace to Academia.

Offline funkyant

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 05:01:27 am »
Dave, you should totally make a tongue in cheek 30 second video, thanking Batteriser for elevating the search ranking of your videos by disliking them.

On the flipside, people should not engage at all with any of the Batteriser videos. Don't watch them, don't dislike them, don't comment. Best way to make that channel disappear.

Offline funkyant

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 05:28:10 am »

Just to be clear again.
I have never had Batteriser/Batteroo themselves, nor that fan page contact me about testing. Not by email, not my youtube comment on my videos (I don't follow their video comments), and not on this forum or the blog page.
Also, if they are going to offer, I want it to come from Batteroo themselves, I don't not want to deal with this clown running the "fan page".

I know.. I remembered your words from one of your videos.. I just wanted to post another lie from them. I bet $100 that this "fan page" is made by this PR company. That entire project is sad. That's really the only way to describe it.

It makes no sense why a kid who is a 'friend of the owners son' would 'reach out' to Dave.

This whole thing has a nasty stench to it.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 06:19:25 am »
This is their new ad.

So Original Battery + Batteriser = Nothing more than the original battery? Love it! Pretty much sums it up!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 06:50:02 am »
Well there you go, they backed down.

Offline bfrigon

• Contributor
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:33 am »
They are not actually trying to convince us that this is a fanboy page and they have nothing to do with it, are they??

They changed the channel name from "Batteriser Batteroo" to "Batteriser Fan Page" a few hours ago... Nah, that was pretty smooth, nobody saw it.

Offline mux

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:49 am »
This is just downright schizophrenic at this point.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 07:48:41 am »
They are not actually trying to convince us that this is a fanboy page and they have nothing to do with it, are they??

Well we never hear a peep out of Batteroo themselves, it's always through this "fan page guy".
You'd think that after all the damage this fan page guy has caused the companies reputation that Batteroo would come out with a formal statement?

Offline bfrigon

• Contributor
    • My blog
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:10 am »
Well we never hear a peep out of Batteroo themselves, it's always through this "fan page guy".
You'd think that after all the damage this fan page guy has caused the companies reputation that Batteroo would come out with a formal statement?

Oh, don't worry, it's coming. They are going to have their "what the hell just happened" meeting tomorrow morning at 9 am and by 11 am, you are going to see the standard bullshit "we did nothing wrong" statement posted on their website.

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 10:09:37 am »

I don't know the identity of the person behind all of those "Batteriser Fan Page" posts (because he is too cowardly to reveal his real identity and/or credentials, other than claiming to be a poor college student who is a friend of the son of the CEO (huh?) who hopes to get paid by the CEO for his support (huh??) ); but whoever he or they is/are, he/they has/have done a tremendous amount of damage to Batteroo and the people involved. It's gone from a fun little gimicky device that probably has no real benefits and some dubious claims, but is a little interesting none-the-less; to a nasty PR disaster.

Offline Artlav

• Frequent Contributor
    • Orbital Designs
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38:16 am »
Hm...
What if they come out with a honest message along the lines of "Sorry about that marketing fiasco. We fired the idiot involved."?
This wreck is still salvageable, i reckon.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2015, 11:15:45 am »
Likes effect how likely videos are to appear in Google search results, for example. Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

Not from what Youtube have told creators. Likes or Dislikes, it doesn't matter, it's all measured as "engagement" as far as the magic search algorithm is concerned.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 11:40:09 am »

Oh, don't worry, it's coming. They are going to have their "what the hell just happened" meeting tomorrow morning at 9 am and by 11 am, you are going to see the standard bullshit "we did nothing wrong" statement posted on their website.

Having claimed a break in before, I think your more likely to see a "we were hacked" this time
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline brabus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:36 pm »
[OT]

Totally reminds me of the legendary "Amy's Baking Company".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy%27s_Baking_Company

From Wiki:
"Their online responses were then further spread in social media in a manner which Forbes called an example of how a business should not react to comments posted on social media."

[\OT]

Let's have a laugh, this stuff has gone ridiculously too far.

If I was Dave, I would spend some money on a good lawyer. These internet abuses shall not pass unpunished.
Youtube cannot ignore these dirty tricks!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:43:10 pm by brabus »

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 07:23:14 pm »

They're still in denial about the fabricated dislikes though.
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2015, 01:47:10 am »
Very interesting twist. Prepare to explain another spike in viewing your Batt series videos within next 24 hours  :)
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:51 am »
He's STILL at it!
OK, so he called himself David Parish again now, and has also claimed that "Brad Jones" is another real person.
Why then have both "David Parish" and "Brad Jones" posted the exact same comment to one of my videos?
What an absolute fruitcake!  :palm:
I can't believe Batteriser haven't shut down his channel and account.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:30:52 am by EEVblog »

Offline Connoiseur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 02:44:41 am »
Dave. Watch out! Now they are planting dislikes for you in their Vietnamese "Click Farm" :wtf:
The day is not far when they'll whip up some goons from from the dark web with staves and clubs wearing grass and leaves....coming after you all the the way to Australia. :-DD

Offline supercar14

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 05:18:34 am »
I said on your last video that was looking forward to their "refutation". I am not disappointed. This just goes so far beyond pathetic it's almost not even funny.

Offline supercar14

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 05:27:40 am »
I just browsed through their videos. Most of them have likes/dislikes disabled. Hmm... I wonder why?

Offline yym

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 06:37:37 am »
So no one comments about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=622uCZ_pE0w

I guess the whole drama around batterizer is more interresting than the techincal stuff...

This video is definitely a step up from the previous one, it is still kind of unprofessional and contains mistakes, but they show a test setup in with the garmin device, and also some of their explanation kind of made sense.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2015, 06:51:06 am »
So no one comments about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=622uCZ_pE0w

There is pages and pages and pages of talk on this on other threads. Plug people replicating the GPS test.

Offline TheWelly888

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 07:56:19 pm »
One of the fan boys accused Dave of being an "art school reject"

:-DD
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:02:16 am by TheWelly888 »
You can do anything with the right attitude and a hammer.

Offline EvilGeniusSkis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:45 am »
One of the fan boy's accused Dave of being an "art school reject"

I thought art school was where you went if you couldn't get int a real uni.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2015, 05:00:55 am »
Art school, where those that could not get a job as a primary school teacher ( or junior school) go to study. There was a chimpanzee who graduated, the art being throwing poo at people and a canvas.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2015, 09:27:21 am »
Still no response at all from Batteroo.
You'd think they come out with a statement saying it wasn't them...

Offline TheWelly888

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2015, 10:04:47 am »

I just remembered that a major 20th Century leader was an art school reject!

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2015, 10:09:54 am »
In what video are all those comments?

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline TheWelly888

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2015, 11:40:03 am »
Don't say that. Remember Godwin's Law
I now realised that fan boy was actually invoking Godwin's Law. TIL "art school reject" is invoking Godwin's Law.

Offline Bob F.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:56 am »
Not from what Youtube have told creators. Likes or Dislikes, it doesn't matter, it's all measured as "engagement" as far as the magic search algorithm is concerned.

Now that IS hilarious - all they have done is to pay someone in Vietnam to help your videos rise above their own nonsense :-DD

Looks like a win-win for the Vietnamese economy and objective reality; they are practically a charity now!

Cheers, Bob.

[edit: managed to get country wrong... :-[ ]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:54:44 am by Bob F. »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2015, 12:43:15 pm »
Don't say that. Remember Godwin's Law
I now realised that fan boy was actually invoking Godwin's Law. TIL "art school reject" is invoking Godwin's Law.

just remember that he was also the real definition of "One Hung Low" as well..................

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2015, 08:54:56 pm »
Likes or Dislikes, it doesn't matter, it's all measured as "engagement" as far as the magic search algorithm is concerned.
??? Maybe those folks made something else.... they put content on their website which will create a higher blood rate in any experienced electronics expert and wait for someone to talk about this  :bullshit: on channel with a lot of viewers and... turned off likes/dislikes stats to confuse, hoping that electonics world will give them dislike for this, but it helps him promote this  :bullshit:  and spam internet ???

Anyway, if they try to make any tests then... I'd like to see their explanation to this (paradox) problem with voltage measurement-maybe they fall into something like this and got such great results in their experiments  :-DD
"Imagine, how nonintuitive it is" - by prof. Walter Lewin  :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nGQbA2jwkWI#t=2930
"Their brains, couldn't handle it"  >:D

BTW: It could be interesting topic for your EEVBLOg fundamentals friday and.. you have so many multimeters, so you could easy use not ONLY two to recreate this interesting experiment, but four or even more   :-+
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:22:07 pm by eneuro »
-||-|-

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2015, 11:25:33 pm »
... I'd like to see their explanation to this (paradox) problem with voltage measurement-maybe they fall into something like this and got such great results in their experiments  :-DD
"Imagine, how nonintuitive it is" - by Walter Lewin  :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nGQbA2jwkWI#t=2930
"Their brains, couldn't handle it"  >:D

BTW: It could be interesting topic for your EEVBLOg fundamentals friday and.. you have so many multimeters, so you could easy use not ONLY two to recreate this interesting experiment, but four or even more   :-+

I love watching Prof. Walter Lewin's videos. But then, he's a true scientist and scholar.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2015, 11:40:52 am »
is it worth noting that UL certification is a 'safety' compliance mark, and seems to have no basis of functionality...
(Although any shorted LiPo batteries may preset a safety issue!)
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2015, 11:49:05 am »
It's almost time for Batteriser to kill the funding campaign - based on the irreparable damage and costs incurred in 'righting the wrong' information that has been spread by non-believers...

Maybe they'll take it right up to the scheduled delivery date - to milk the punters, but it can't possibly go ahead in this environment.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 06:32:11 pm »
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 07:38:20 pm »
http://www.secureworks.com/resources/blog/negative-feedback-attack-on-a-youtube-channel/

Interesting how that Dell article spins this as a router firmware hacking lockdown issue.  That seems a little convoluted when you could just pay some Vietnamese dudes pennies per dislike and they'd be super happy to do it.

Offline ITman496

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2015, 11:47:57 pm »
It just makes me sad that I'm pretty sure they'll go ahead on this and a huge majority of people will buy it on amazon anyway because they don't even remotely try to look up anything.  It's on amazon or its on eBay, so it must be true.  Like those wireless anti-static wrist bands!  I thought you were pulling my leg when that video came out but I looked it up and they are sold everywhere, some with good reviews! It's terrifying!
KD2CHS

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2015, 12:26:49 am »
I don't think they will deliver these gizmos any time soon. The minute they do, the game will be up and their reputation in tatters. These boosters are also expensive to produce. There is more to gain financially by canceling the project and pocketing the pledges.
Also, the constant stonewalling by an Indian cabal based in the US doesn't inspire much confidence; not to mention the ridiculous scientific claims sprouting from the same group. As time goes on, they appear to be another perfect example of high-flying con artists.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:47:28 am by Wytnucls »

Offline isaiahA

• Contributor
    • Isaiahs website
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2015, 03:50:40 pm »
you shouldnt be able to buy likes or dislikes :bullshit:
isaiahA

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2015, 06:46:15 pm »
IThese boosters are also expensive to produce.
Super capacitors like those ones 10F/2.5V

are at the size of 13mm x 33.5mm  and costs less than $5, so I see no reason buy any Bat  :bullshit: teriser , but I will draw tomorow small circuit which will charge those supercaps to 1.5V and... forget about crappy batteries like those "brand"  AAA below  :-DD

They have still ~1.3V but I didn't checked its internal resistance yet, but taking into account its "brand" name I do not think any Bat  :bullshit: teriser will help draw too much from it, additionally I do not want risk that this crap will flood my TVSat tunner pilot, so of course I've put another AAA batteries which cost was ~ $0.14  for two, so I do not expect to much, but TV pilot works and I can buy 14 new batteries instead of Bat  :bullshit: teriser for a few $es and pay for nothing  :palm:

I think, I will soon replace them with supercaps (those I've shown should fit , since those crappy Penesamig AAA had size ~10mm x 40mm and a lot of space inside battery holder, so lets forget soon not only about Bat  :bullshit: teriser, but bloody AAA batteries too and replace this crap with something which will last forever  :-/O
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:48:41 pm by eneuro »
-||-|-

Offline UniquenessTemplate

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »
Long time lurker here.

Bataroo's lofty claims have been thoroughly debunked given known current (no pun intended) electrical and material sciences.

Considering this company's tactics up to this point, it should be of no surprise that they are now attempting to play on fears of untechnical parents by implying this device somehow makes normal "dangerous" batteries safer. (See screenshots of indiegogo comments).

I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of people that Ali is interacting with are fake accounts created by him. Which wouldn't surprise me coming from someone who is listed as the founder of a knock-off wristwatch storefront called 5starwatchesonline (now defunct): http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/182102138?trk=prof-sm

Snapshot of that site thanks to the Internet Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130122025353/http://5starwatchesonline.com/Testimonials/

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2015, 11:18:41 pm »
Long time lurker here.

Bataroo's lofty claims have been thoroughly debunked given known current (no pun intended) electrical and material sciences.

Considering this company's tactics up to this point, it should be of no surprise that they are now attempting to play on fears of untechnical parents by implying this device somehow makes normal "dangerous" batteries safer. (See screenshots of indiegogo comments).

I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of people that Ali is interacting with are fake accounts created by him. Which wouldn't surprise me coming from someone who is listed as the founder of a knock-off wristwatch storefront called 5starwatchesonline (now defunct): http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/182102138?trk=prof-sm

Snapshot of that site thanks to the Internet Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130122025353/http://5starwatchesonline.com/Testimonials/

Fortunately they are SO rubbish at sockpuppetry that it is hilarious rather than just plain sad.  Daisy Datez indeed...

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2015, 11:29:10 pm »
I see in recent posts they've introduced another member of the Rooparvhar clan... this whole campaign has completely overshadowed the Batteriser - whether it works or not is almost irrelevant... 

Now we're looking at the extraordinary implosion of an incredibly poorly managed campaign followed by infantile attempts at whitewashing a fundamentally flawed argument.

Sadly, the Internet never forgets, and this could well have shredded any remnants of professional credibility of the promoters and their allies.

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:18 am »
I think this whole debacle will find its place in history; eg, in the textbooks of Business 101 class of how NOT to do business. It's just a shocker. And yes, it's completely overshadowed whether or not the device is even any good or not. From the very start of the campaign where they went to magazines with sensationalist stories about being burgled, to the astroturfing, to the falsified reports, to the fake claims, to the clapping monkey, to the twins, and that fake Ozzy "bush nature man"... Oh my!  That's a triple facepalmer: :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2015, 09:58:37 am »
I've always maintained that politicians and old people should be drowned at birth but after seeing this video I have decided to edit the list by removing old people and adding this plonker.

Offline ErikTheNorwegian

• Frequent Contributor
  • Asberger, aspi, HIGH function, nerd...
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2015, 06:44:00 pm »
Amazon sues 1,000 'fake reviewers'
Online retailer files lawsuit in US against people whose names it says it does not know, claiming they offer reviews for sale.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/18/amazon-sues-1000-fake-reviewers
/Erik
Goooood karma is flowing..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf