Author Topic: eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!  (Read 53365 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:14:13 am »
Dave and other video bloggers have been getting paid-for targeted
dislike thumbs down on their Batteriser related videos.
Also, nasty accusations from the Batteriser fan page.
How your Youtube channel and videos can be easily ruined by a disgruntled person with some money to spend. Paid Likes, Paid Dislikes, and Paid Views, it's all available, just pay some money!

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
Re: eevBLAB #13 - Batteriser: How To Buy Youtube DISLIKES!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »
Current stats:

Offline xuio

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »
I bet this youtube account is their "official" one.
I don't beleive the "videos are only uploaded to Facebook" excuse.

Moritz

Offline Kire Pûdsje

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:16:43 pm »
They (whoever it is) went the wrong way. First buying dislikes and then claiming you bought likes. Instead they should have bought you likes and then make the claim. Would have been harder to disprove. What has happened now is riduculous.

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »
Thanks for sharing this-it was really strange that huge amount of dislikes on this video, so now it is clear what is going on...on bloody Youtube  :rant:

Anyway it means that YT is a crap and my routine is to clear its cookies at least once a day (my IP address hopefully changes it is dynamic), since they start to suggest videos based on what recently  I was looking for and very quickly a lot of crap is listed as something I must to watch  :wtf:

However, where to find something more about monetizing Yt videos-there must be some rules and I guess those bought dislikes must be taken into account since this means that YT knows that such thing ahppened-how it affects monetizing those videos? They are less often showed at suggested to someone or something else?

Google search engine probably doesn't care abount those likes/dislikes or I'm wrong?

12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 01:53:36 pm »
While watching the Video it got 4 new dislikes. Yeah! Nice try, Batteriser. This is not realy the way you get new customers, despite the fact that the product they are selling is totaly crap... We will see who will win this "battle". I would bet on Dave and all the other youtubers.

And I noticed a huge amount of dislikes you might have overseen while scrolling through your video list - the pebble time thing got around 700 dislikes if I got it correctly. Is that "okay", or also paid dislikes?

By the way - everytime I watch a video and like it, I actually click on "I like this". Maybe we should all do that and push the stats far in the opposite direction :)
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline Miwer

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 04:33:50 pm »
I must confess, that I normally don't bother with liking/disliking videos, since it would require me to login first. However this sort of thing really pisses me off, so I took the time, logged on, and liked all your batteriser related videos. I hope all your fans do the same.  :-+

I also noticed that the videos on the batteriser batteroo channel is steadily increasing in dislikes...  :-DD :popcorn:

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 04:39:03 pm »
Good news  >:D

I've checked http://batteriser.com domain name and.... lets see what we get: http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=batteriser.com&type=domain
Domain Name: BATTERISER.COM
   Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
   Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
   Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
   Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
   Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
   Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
   Updated Date: 14-may-2015
   Creation Date: 06-jan-2015
   Expiration Date: 06-jan-2016

There are good news their domain will expire soon in january 2016 - we hope it will  :-DD

When we do the same eg. with eevblog.com domain it is prepaid many years ahead and this is a difference between donks, which spamed internet with their  :bullshit: thing worth nothing and electronics professionals....

They came a few months ago from nowhere and goes to nowhere... as their domain expiration date says  ;D

I must confess, that I normally don't bother with liking/disliking videos, since it would require me to login first.
Yep, I hate logging to YT since they wants create bloody G+ web page and other scam, but if it were YT links to all  those Bat :bullshit: teriser , I'd  press like to to show those donks where their place is ... in grammar school  :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:47:30 pm by eneuro »
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline vladovg

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 05:02:57 pm »
Upss :) :popcorn:

Offline yym

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 05:03:29 pm »
No doubt batterizer is BS. They act childish, but hey... they can afford it, they don't have much to lose, who has heard of batterizer anyway (outside of this forum, if you ask your friends?)
It is not like the batterizer brand worth millions..

But they did say something that caught my attention, something along the line that eevblog likes/views/whatnot are paid for, fake.
Dave, you show the viewer count graph around 9:40 and is nice exponential growth, however the last part ( the last year or so ) looks kind of suspicious, it just doesn't follow the pattern, it is similar what you have shown for the dislikes, to huge spikes, a quick growth than a quick fallback to what was before basically then another big growth.... it doesn't seem in order to me. Honestly i don't think you did so well this year, it looks like that data is fabricated.

I'm not accusing you of lying, maybe you don't even know about it, someone else culd have paid for the likes/views, just as for the dislikes.
Care to elaborate a bit on that?

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »
We should all make videos debunking batteriser and mirror them on different accounts.  If they pay to dislike them all it will cost them a lot.  :-DD

Interesting about the domain expiring so soon.  Seems to me they don't have plans to stay around that long if they did not register it for several years in one go.  I tend to always keep my domains at least a year ahead.  Buys me time if something goes wrong like I lose my registrar password or something like that.

Offline rollatorwieltje

• Supporter
  • I brick your boards.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »
Another Youtuber once said that it doesn't even matter if you vote like or dislike, in the end Google uses a viewer interaction based ranking. Worst case nothing happens, but it's more likely this dislike vote spamming actually increases the ranking of the channel. Occasionally I see one of those clickbaits with 50% dislikes and lots of views in the recommended videos section, so I'm inclined to believe it's true.

So Batteriser, bring on the vote spam.

Online bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »
Another Youtuber once said that it doesn't even matter if you vote like or dislike, in the end Google uses a viewer interaction based ranking.
After all, I think it makes sense. YT is interested in people watching the videos (i.e. the ads that are showed with them). Whether they are massive 'like' or 'dislike' attractors probably doesn't matter much.

Offline necromncr

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 05:44:08 pm »
Hehehe... *slight chuckle*

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 06:10:51 pm »
The added commentary, no views but they probably had an ad run before they could get to the like or dislike, so the campaign has actually improved Dave's income a little ( thanks guys) from the adsense stream itself.

That they were actually paying for this?

Offline Lockon Stratos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 06:45:27 pm »
But they did say something that caught my attention, something along the line that eevblog likes/views/whatnot are paid for, fake.
Dave, you show the viewer count graph around 9:40 and is nice exponential growth, however the last part ( the last year or so ) looks kind of suspicious, it just doesn't follow the pattern, it is similar what you have shown for the dislikes, to huge spikes, a quick growth than a quick fallback to what was before basically then another big growth.... it doesn't seem in order to me. Honestly i don't think you did so well this year, it looks like that data is fabricated.
Hm, i cant tell precisely the dates but isn't that when this ....storm started? By the way even my closer to nothing youtube ch has spykes...

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 06:58:03 pm »
Apparently a group of highly trained people who knew exactly what they were doing broke in the batteriser office to "steal the technology". :palm:
just take a look at the massive amounts of damage.  :scared:

Soon enough they're gonna waste all their scam funds on this fiasco and the YT dislikes too. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:59:47 pm by Refrigerator »
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline open loop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
Seeing this reminded me of another video about Facebook likes and re-emphasises the nature of click farm likes/dislikes as pointed out by Dave, all of these dislikes come from very disengaged users.
http://youtu.be/oVfHeWTKjag
From what I think is a great channel called Veritasium...
I wonder if bateroo paid for any of their Facebook likes?
Hope the link works, from the photo of the robbery it looks likes someone has stole the door lock! This may affect the ship/release date of the batteriser product.

Offline crisr

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »
It was amusing to note that EEVBlog showed up at the top of the related channels list on the Batteriser (fanboy) page.
That might be what is getting up their nose.

Might be... when you search YouTube for "batteriser", the video at the top of the list is "EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)", the 800% baloney video :-). Batteriser Bateroo channel comes in second :-).

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »
Dave,

this is one of your most interesting videos on your channel, in terms of "Behind the YouTube Scenes" and of "Internet Social Behavior".

Well explained!  :-+ :-+ :-+

The Batteriser product is mostly boring, meanwhile, as it's so crude and so obviously incompetent.

Keep goin'!

Frank
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:00:02 pm by Dr. Frank »

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

... Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

I've read several contradicting opinions on that point. It's been mentioned that a dislike has the same weight as a like.

Offline delmadord

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 08:10:23 pm »
And now this video has 5k+ likes vs 12k+ views, incredible ratio :) not even about the electronix :D

Offline kezat

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »
I agree Jancumps, I thought it's all about the view time now for YT videos and not so much the views or likes/dislikes. What effect does a like/dislike really have anyhow?

Edit:
I think this will backfire on whoever did this dislike thing, you could already call it a win for Dave as he was able to create content out of it that we found interesting.

... Videos with a lot of dislikes are less likely to show up.

I've read several contradicting opinions on that point. It's been mentioned that a dislike has the same weight as a like.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:58:32 pm by kezat »

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 08:28:58 pm »
so the campaign has actually improved Dave's income a little ( thanks guys) from the adsense stream itself.
This  Bat :bullshit: teriser motivated me to login to YT and click likes on many Dave debunking videos, so... if it helps, yep it might help EEVblog, not this stupid idea.
Ups. I forgot click dislikes on all Bat  :bullshit: tero videos, we need to fix this as soon as possible  ;)

Anyway, probably those folks track this EEVblog forums, so I'm gonna help their marketing team... they should change customers target and.... try to use their "technology" in automotive industry  :-DD
Jump Start a Car with AA Batteries

BTW: Quite nice TPS61220 converter  :-+ -no need even think of using hazadeus Bat :bullshit: teriser  :--
-||-|-

Offline smashIt

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »
It's funny how there were always 132 dislikes from vietnam :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf