Author Topic: eevBLAB #4 - Youtube Multi-Channel Networks SUCK!  (Read 22469 times)

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
Re: eevBLAB #4 - Youtube Multi-Channel Networks SUCK!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »
Quote from: Electronics-Repairman
No Fact, then after they have been educated, they wash cars,or become experts in screwing the benefit system, Ukip thats shows you know nothing.
I'd love you to provide some evidence of that, rather than just hyperbole.

The evidence is that immigrants to the UK from the EU are of net benefit to the UK economy, but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

And as for "become experts in screwing the benefit system", I am sure you will find that there are plenty of UK nationals who are just as good or better at that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:19:32 pm by grumpydoc »

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:54 pm »
Quote from: Electronics-Repairman
You clearly don't live in East Anglia with that comment, and I would say that the UK nationals have at least have paid something towards it at sometime
Not if they have gone straight from education to benefits.

Did you know that EU migrants arriving this century (i.e since 2000) are about half as likely to be on benefits as the UK average?

Edit: Hmmm the posts I replied to have been deleted. Anyway I've reported the thread as off topic for the moment.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:19:10 pm by grumpydoc »

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »
I did post, but am deleting it, my cloud is clearly still there, and this is fek all to do with electronics.

Apologies again and I will stay away from political threads I think.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:06:34 pm by Yago »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 06:38:31 pm »
I did post, but am deleting it, my cloud is clearly still there, and this is fek all to do with electronics.

Apologies again and I will stay away from political threads I think.

I shouldn't bother deleting your posts, there have been some reasonably valid points made. Yes there is a problem with children from families that came from other countries going to school and not knowing English at any level. I have had a report straight from a teacher that she struggles like hell in some classes because of the amount of children who come from families that don't speak English and it is impossible to teach them as she needs to teach them English first albeit we are talking about very young children.

Unfortunately UKIP has stirred up plenty of problem, they have highlighted a few incidents and made it sound like it is the norm and they are on the whole loony party.

I have still not forgotten the case where an Indian couple killed their daughter in front of their other children because she wanted to dress and act like other people in this country which included learning English. There is a huge culture problem with some particular immigrants from certain countries who do not wish to integrate but expect to be treated as they desire.

Most people coming in from East Europe actually work damn hard. The problem is that English people on the whole are lazy. I have not yet met anybody in my working experience who actually gives a shit about getting the job right. Their priority is to get paid and they will do what it takes to get paid and that is all. I came back from Italy eight years ago and I was used to working my bollocks off, and where ever I went people were very happy with me and asked me to come back to work again. That is how I got the job I am in, that is how without a degree I ended up working as an engineer, because I showed an interest in getting things done for my employer and I showed that I was willing to work. Most people brought up in this country go off to university and get a pointless degree and then decide that only a certain job is right for them and refuse all other work. And then they complain that immigrants who want to work are taking their jobs.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »
Reminds me of Andy Capp.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 01:17:25 am »
Youtube MCN sales people are  :-DD
Just got an email from some arse from BroadbandTV (2nd biggest MCN in the world) that said "I've signed bigger channels in my sleep.".
I feel sorry for them!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf