Author Topic: eevBLAB #42 - Patreon FAIL!  (Read 19189 times)

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
Re: eevBLAB #42 - Patreon FAIL!
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 05:20:11 pm »
Patreon has all the data, and to screw up so big is not possible.  But they likely under  estimated the damage it can cost them.  After the first 2 days, they know that if they don't change back, Patreon shall be dead very fast.  I am not going to support through Patreon any more as I am very sure they shall try something again when they are in a stronger position.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:07 pm »
Yeah, and sure enough they offer to reinstantiate cancelled payments. However for me this was just the nail in the coffin since I'm very much displeased with the slapped on local VAT, especially since the provided VAT number (EU826426378) is not a valid VAT number so I cannot even verify that they're a correctly registered business and actually forward the slapped on taxes... Oh, failing to provide a valid VAT number is considered fraud in the EU so if anyone wants to report them, please feel free...
You pay VAT on Patreon? Seriously? WTF is wrong with Germany?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 11:10:27 pm »
Yeah, and sure enough they offer to reinstantiate cancelled payments. However for me this was just the nail in the coffin since I'm very much displeased with the slapped on local VAT, especially since the provided VAT number (EU826426378) is not a valid VAT number so I cannot even verify that they're a correctly registered business and actually forward the slapped on taxes... Oh, failing to provide a valid VAT number is considered fraud in the EU so if anyone wants to report them, please feel free...

It was my understanding that Germany had the strongest economy in the EU.

I further understand that this has resulted in Germany putting in the lion's share when it comes to "supporting" other member countries ... and that Germans are (unsurprisingly) somewhat unhappy about that.

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 09:46:11 pm »

we do it as well. not sure it counts as donation

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2017, 10:03:41 pm »

I further understand that this has resulted in Germany putting in the lion's share when it comes to "supporting" other member countries ... and that Germans are (unsurprisingly) somewhat unhappy about that.

Germany should not complain.

Had Germany still had German Marks - and not Euro - their currency would have been through the roof and exports would be really hard. Now all the "low income" Euro countries are working as scales - with strong economies on one side and weak on the other -and it is  making Germany hyper competitive compared to where Germany would have been with their own currency.

Germany benefits greatly from an artificially low Euro (for them) and the other countries in the financially "bad" regions do bad because THEIR Euro is artificially HIGH compared to where their currency would have been if it was not for the Euro (Spain, Italy, Greece etc)

When a country converts to the Euro - the local National Bank loose an important tool-set - namely the ability to adjust interest rate on their currency and the ability to devalue hard in a crises situation. Now all countries are cooked up in one pot only the very strong economies benefit from using Euro. The less fortunate economies suffer when exports are hard.

The Euro is a complete failure from that perspective. The only "salvation" is converting the different national economies into one - where nobody talks about the financial issues in Spain, Italy or Greece because it is all just "Euroland" and then Euroland parts have to help out each other.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 03:05:44 am »

The general public is notoriously quick to point out the bits that don't benefit them, while forgetting the part that does. Evidence points towards the German economy getting a nice and consistent boost from joining the euro. As one of the main manufacturing countries of Europe, the fixed euro has brought Germany a lot of good where it might have been a struggle otherwise.

http://www.minyanville.com/business-news/the-economy/articles/euro-trade-export-exchange-rates-trade/7/19/2012/id/42549

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf