Author Topic: Something else then a teardown, review or mailbag  (Read 4702 times)

Offline mathiasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Something else then a teardown, review or mailbag
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:36 am »
I'm a long time follower of the EEVblog, and I must admit that lately my interest has been slipping. Why? Because almost every episode is a teardown, review or mailbag! When is a fundamentals friday coming up? When is a new project introduced? Why not talk about (off the top of my head) modulation schemes, PLLs, logic families, ...?

In comparison, The Signal Path blog also does repairs/teardowns, but also explains how everything works. Or explains how a Delta-Sigma Modulator ADC works. Really interesting stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dave's style of reviews and this is not an attack on the EEVblog, but lately the content has not been what it used to be.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Re: Something else then a teardown, review or mailbag
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »
Exactly the same topic was raised by newbies countless of times on this forum. In short - Dave does all kinds of videos (but you watch and like only part of them) and your rant does not help anybody. End of story.

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:21:22 pm »
It'll be April 1st soon. That's usually a cue for a good video  :-+

Offline mathiasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 02:36:25 pm »
Exactly the same topic was raised by newbies countless of times on this forum. In short - Dave does all kinds of videos (but you watch and like only part of them) and your rant does not help anybody. End of story.
I just want to see if other people feel the same, perhaps we could nudge Dave into going deeper into some topics. That's all, if nobody cares, I don't mind either.

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
I'd be happy if he only did teardown videos.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 05:13:13 am »
I'd be happy if he only did teardown videos.

Yeah I see stuff in the mailbag that I think I want to see inside that but a 2 minute teardown doesn't happen but mentions "a future teardown" that may or may not happen and if it doesn't I forget about it until I end up rewatching that mailbag at some future time and then wonder if it would ever appear.

Yes. That was a run-on.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 06:53:23 pm »
... When is a fundamentals friday coming up? When is a new project introduced? Why not talk about (off the top of my head) modulation schemes, PLLs, logic families, ...?

I'm going to guess what the EEVblog guys think about that:

-Show me the url to your video, where you show your fundamental friday, your new project, PLL etc.

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf